homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Even in Rockford, Illinois?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Even in Rockford, Illinois?
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 08, 2006 11:24      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This looks real close to home for a certain Arachnid SuperHero.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 08, 2006 11:34      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't believe the news reports, it was really me who picked him up and handed him to authorities. [Wink]

Seriously though, I was at that mall just earlier this week. [Eek!]

It's also comforting to know that if he was from Rockford, he likely wouldn't have succeeded in his plot even if he had gotten his hands on the grenades and gun. I hate to sound like a snobbish asshole, but people from here just aren't that capable. [Razz]

(Thank God I'm from Chicago) [evil]

I look SO forward to moving out of this town.

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 08, 2006 20:03      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since when do hand grenades and a hand gun constitute weapons of mass destruction? [Confused]

Unless...the grenades become biological weapons when used to spread the bacteria in the garbage bins.

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 09, 2006 09:36      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Astronomer Jedi:
Since when do hand grenades and a hand gun constitute weapons of mass destruction? [Confused]

Now, AJ, think about the perspective of the current government(s) in this US of A.

As evidence of the depth and breadth of the problem, I offer the following link, gleaned from Rockford's newpaper. The incident took place in a tiny cafe about 20 miles East of Rockford and was witnessed by an old friend from High School days. His version was much more colorful, but as you read the article, try to envision the scene taking place in a town of under 400 people.... Four Q.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture