homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Quote of the week (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Quote of the week
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 03, 2006 16:53      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
uilleann, let me make one thing clear I am not now, nor have I ever tried, to "police" you, whatever that may mean. Our benevolent dictators are the only ones who can make any rules here, and they very seldom do. However as someone that demands respect (by for instance spelling your name correctly), you must surely not be surprised if it is noted when you to fail extend elementary courtesies to other members. It has to run both ways.

When you started to post here again, you seemed to have made some real changes for the better, but like littlefish I also detect similar signs to the events that led to your last exit from here. You seem again to be actively looking for reasons to fall out with people. Try to lighten up a little, and be less dismissive of those with different talents and interests to your own.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 03, 2006 19:27      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
now now, boys.
go to your rooms and don't come out until you can play nicely.

don't make me come all the way over there.

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted December 03, 2006 19:43      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A attractive young lady threatening to show up on their doorsteps if they don't stop.

I think there might be a slight flaw in that plan...

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 03, 2006 19:47      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
A attractive young lady threatening to show up on their doorsteps if they don't stop.

I think there might be a slight flaw in that plan...

Hmmm. [evil]

*starts arguing vehemently with Callipygous and uilleann* [Wink]

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 03, 2006 19:48      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
even if you did find a snag, I don't find a flaw.

no stoppy, no girly?

could still be quite effective.

edit: it appears spidey catches my drift perfectly.

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted December 03, 2006 20:09      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well of course I didn't get it. I'm all sweet and innocent and my mind is never in the gutter.  -

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted December 05, 2006 08:31      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by uilleann:
Not exactly clever? You mean, writing a program to generate random prime numbers to any number of bits?

No, I mean the huge horizontal scrollbar that's making this thread a pain in the ass to read.

Care to edit the post and throw in a line break for those of us squinting at already-microscopic work laptops? 'Cuz otherwise, I thought it was cool. [Big Grin]

uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted December 05, 2006 09:27            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh, point. I noticed, not sure why I didn't actually fix that.

The longest random prime so far that she's generated was 4096 bits I think, but that took quite a bit of CPU time to achieve. The code itself is based on her 'zanymath' lib that does integers to arbitrary numbers of bits.

The funny thing is that she describes the standard C library as "fossilized" and is replacing the entire lot with new code and new features :P I am not going to visit her though as she has a taste for human flesh and knows all about what to prepare it with ...

IP: Logged
nekomatic
SuperFan!
Member # 376

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted December 06, 2006 07:18      Profile for nekomatic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Umm... I think Maximile may also have been joking?
Posts: 822 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture