homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » My Fellow Americans

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Fellow Americans
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 30, 2006 09:48      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And citizens of Planet Earth:

No matter what your political views, those who serve in the military put themselves in harms way for sake of others - a very brave, selfless and noble act. Xerox sponsors a site at which you can very easily and at no cost send a personal encouragement to an unspecified member of the US military serving in the Middle East. To do so seems to me an act of support and comfort for those engaged in this hazardous endeavor.

Bravo Xerox. Let's say thanks. [Applause]

FWIW

gg

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 30, 2006 10:30      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GG__________________________I can not think of any company that has caused the demise of so many trees, as Xerox and now they go and redeam themselves, go figure. Yes it is a well thought out and planned goodwill gesture. Bravo, Xerox, Bravo.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 01, 2006 07:08      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They did a lot of good, though. Remember PARC?
Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 01, 2006 08:23      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Metasquares:
They did a lot of good, though. Remember PARC?

The birthplace of the Mac after Jobs' visit and subsequent piracy, if there be any truth in those tales.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 01, 2006 12:23      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GG_________________________Well it depends (not the underwear) on whos story you believe, Woz claims Apple paid a bunch of stock options to Xerox some others claim that Steve & Steve out right stole it. However one story I heard was that it was outlined on a napkin and Steve and Steve walked out with that.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture