homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » TTTTB

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TTTTB
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 22, 2006 12:53      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cnet UK has published a list of the Top Ten TTBs.

Ok, so the inclusion of Paris Hilton is ... controversial, and may indicate they're not taking the whole thing very seriously, but it's an interesting list nonetheless. I had no idea that Daryl Hannah was a board game geek

So, who would you nominate to the list of the Top Ten TTBs ?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 22, 2006 13:08      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nitrozac, of course. [Wink]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 22, 2006 13:47      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this also on /.. Putting P. Hilton on the list negates the entire list, and it is an insult to the others on the list.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 22, 2006 16:01      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Susan Kare should be on that list, and Hedy Lamarr too.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 22, 2006 16:18      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I came across Susan Kare's website the other day, Callipygous. Wow... imagine having those four on your portfolio...

I'd read lots about her, and I know Nitrozac is a big fan of hers, but seeing all those icons on that site... I agree, she deserves to be in the list.

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted November 22, 2006 21:18            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lisa Simpson?! And apparently there is less truth that people like to believe about Ada Byron. But Grace Hopper sounds like a fantastic character.

I'd rip out the nonsense entries, and put someone like Delia Derbyshire up there in their place. (Plus she was pretty cute)

IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 24, 2006 08:30      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always admired Vera Rubin for her work with dark matter.
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 24, 2006 10:24      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ER????
Paris - This is dispicable!
Lisa Simpson... - Ran out of real people???
Daryl Hannah - Um...

I've heard differing accounts for ADA, but I know that her notebook (if it was hers) exsists. I'm apt to leave her in.

What about:
Sally Ride, Harriet Tubman, Mary Walton, Lillian Gilbreth, Hedy Lamarr, Bonnie Dunbar, Randi Altschul

In addition to the list being written in the comments of the article. The article is trash, sorry, it is.

--------------------
My Site

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 24, 2006 11:23      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to nominate Hildegard of Bingen. Music, medecine, botanics, geology... She was a geek to me.

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 24, 2006 12:09      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll second that one, Stereo. Great music, great meditative mystic. [thumbsup]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture