homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Aronofsky: Fountain

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Aronofsky: Fountain
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 31, 2006 20:18      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I came across this article about Darren Aronofsky's new film Fountain, which should be released (in the USA, anyway) on the 22nd of November.

I'm hugely excited, because I'm a really big fan of his (I loved Requiem for a Dream and Pi), and I know a few of you guys are too. This new film is a sci-fi space thing, so it should be suitably geeky for everyone here.

That article's a good read; it talks about his filmmaking process, as well as some of the cool techniques he uses to show space. Here's the coolest part: he uses no CGI at all. This is awesome. You should really read about it, it's all to do with filming particles in a fluid at a tiny scale - they use the example of curry powder to show thousands of meteors flying towards the camera. How cool is that?

I can't wait!

Any Aronofsky fans here? Anyone gonna offer to take their Mac into a wifi-equipped cinema and use iChat to let me see it without having to wait to come over here? [Wink]

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 01, 2006 11:05      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen his previous work, but this one sounds pretty interesting. I found a trailer for it that solidifies my interest. Some of the effects are indeed impressive.

Sorry I don't have a MacBook with iSight handy to sneak into the thater for you max [Frown]

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 01, 2006 11:13      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow... great find UMC. I didn't even think to check for a trailer.

It's very different to how I imagined - more Middle-Earthy, less spacey. But it still looks awesome.

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture