homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Friday Five Halloween

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Friday Five Halloween
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 26, 2006 10:21      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was busy last night painting black dots on D-M's lady bug wings, so we'll go with halloween as our theme.

1. Favourite costume as a kid?

2. Do you still dress up for halloween now and if so what will you be this year?

3. Favourite halloween candy to get?

4. Did you ever trick a house and what did you do?

5. Best halloween story

Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 26, 2006 11:12      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I dressed up as a bellydancer when I was 8 or so.

2. Do you still dress up for halloween now and if so what will you be this year?
Yes, when I get an excuse. I get to take Kaitlin and Jimmy out trick-or-treating this year so I'm dressing up as a bar wench.

Junior mints and M&Ms.

Unless you count trying to convince people I was young enough for trick-or-treating when I was 16, no.

5. Best halloween story
A couple years ago I went to a Halloween party at JustJessB and WinterSolstice's house and we took their little boy trick-or-treating. He was dressed as a pirate and one person asked him what his costume was and he told them he was Pirate 14A. He was probably the cutest little boy I've ever seen.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 26, 2006 11:43      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Favourite costume as a kid? My mom made a cool angel costume once. Usually I was a "gypsy" and she stuck me in her clothes and put a bunch of necklaces.

2. Do you still dress up for halloween now and if so what will you be this year? We do here at work. I will be a ladybug with D-M and a princess of some kind for work.

3. Favourite halloween candy to get? smarties or anything with carmel

4. Did you ever trick a house and what did you do? No, to afraid of the trouble I'd get in.

5. Best halloween story. We used to have a man who would dress in a gorilla costume and come charging down his long hall. We would go running back down a sidewalk. Then hesitantly go back up to get our candy. We lived for that house it was the best!

Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted October 26, 2006 19:15      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm, can't remember any real winners, except for one when I wasn't a kid. I dressed up as a rubber raft. I took a real rubber raft, inflated it with balloons so it would keep it's shape, had a nice blue fabric on the back as if it was on the ocean, and had flippers on my feet. I won first prize at the dance. And yes, dancing in a rubber raft suit is very good exercise. [Razz]

Nope, i haven't dressed up for a few years now. Poultry Costume Day takes most of my time and energy now. [Razz]

The little chocolate bars. KitKat [Smile]

I tricked a store window once... I was dressed up as Zorro (no, not our Zorro) and Z'd the window with soap. Wow, what an animal I was back then eh? [Razz]

5. Best halloween story.
I think my rubber raft costume. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2006 06:31      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was a pretty bitchin' glow-in-the-dark skeleton when I was six. My mom loves to haul out those pictures whenever my friends come over... [Roll Eyes]

I already dressed up; the office Halloween party was last night. I was Dick Cheney's hunting buddy, headwound and all.

Milk Duds!

I was a serial egg-thrower when I was a wee Demos.

5. Best halloween story?
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It totally counts. [Big Grin]

Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2006 12:00      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was Wonder Woman when I was 5.

Nope.

Payday.

Doorbell ditch.

5. Best halloween story
I don't really have a good Halloween story. Scary story/movie? I like TH13TEEN GHOSTS.

Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 28, 2006 10:58      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was the "headless horseman" once when I was pretty young. I must have been 5 or 6. I won first prize in some kind of city costume parade.

No, I'm lame now.

Plain old boring Hershey's chocolate. Smarties are acceptable, too.

Nope, I didn't have the right sort of friends to do that stuff.

5. Best halloween story
Well, because of #4, I guess the best I can do is my answer to #1 [Razz]

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 28, 2006 13:57      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was Cinderella one year, that was fun.

Yes. I don't go trick or treating anymore but I did dress up as a T4 bacteriophage for a halloween party last night. ^_^

3. Favourite halloween candy to get? Little bags of goldfish. I love salty things.

4. Did you ever trick a house and what did you do? No, not that I remember.

5. Best halloween story Well, last night a group went as the different Tetris blocks and arranged themselves so that they all fit together. A bystander commented "oh man, I had this mental image of all of them fitting together and then disappearing."

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2006 15:17      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Hobo

Nah, but it sounds like it would be fun.

Any of the chocolate standards, Reeses, Snickers, Milky Way, Three Muskateers, M & M's.

Nope. I was a good kid. If I had it wouldn't have been anything too terrible, anyway. Maybe just soap on the window or tp or something. No eggs or rocks.

5. Best halloween story

Got to ride in an old hearse with a bunch of friends to a party. Got some great looks from other drivers.

Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture