homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Good Riddance (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Good Riddance
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted October 18, 2006 11:26      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before:
 -

After:

-

My head can breathe!

I believe that's pretty much self explanatory.

$12 and a few pounds of hair I will never get back, and I'm glad.

I still have a part in the middle of my hair... it's funny looking.

Something about the lighting in that first picture isn't very becoming of my complexion... not sure what happened.

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted October 18, 2006 11:53      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cool!

I did the same thing when I was a young laddie... I had typical hippie hair, long past my shoulders, center part. Then I got it cut short. Oh man it felt WAY better.

Then I noticed people were nicer to me and girls started to stare at me in a nice way. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted October 18, 2006 12:07      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snaggy!

I've got a better picture than those two for my new photo gallery picture. It's me actually SMILING.

In time, in time.

I kind of sort of look like csk with my hair like this. Not a whole lot, but the resemblance is a mite stirring.

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 18, 2006 12:49      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
Then I noticed people were nicer to me and girls started to stare at me in a nice way. [Big Grin]

When I had hippie hair guys stared at me in a nice way!
[Eek!]

Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jessycat

Member # 1171

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted October 18, 2006 13:12      Profile for Jessycat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Taco, I'm jealous. I have seriously been fantasizing about chopping my hair off. Not even a bob or anything like that... just getting rid of ALL of it. I'm so damn sick of it.
Way to go... you look great! [Smile]

Posts: 491 | From: NYC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted October 18, 2006 13:50      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Oh my Goat, he smiles. This would be the appropriate picture to replace the fugly one in the photo gallery.

--------------------

Shinaku
Alpha Geek
Member # 2027

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted October 18, 2006 14:18      Profile for Shinaku   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Embarrassed]

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! </ Vader>

Posts: 312 | From: Sheffield, UK | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 18, 2006 14:57      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking good Taco !

/me made the transition from "hippy" to "just released from prison" look while travelling around the world, it's just so much easier to look after, I don't even need a towel to dry it these days, just wipe my hand across the wet hair and it's done.

Jessycat : do it, bald babes are hot !

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted October 18, 2006 15:50      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jessycat: NOOOOOOOOOO! long haired babes RULE!!!! [Big Grin]
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 18, 2006 16:45      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with Snaggy! In any case Jess, if you get any hotter, you'll risk spontaneous combustion. [Smile]

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 18, 2006 18:42      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks good, taco. [thumbsup]

Jess: I fully second Snaggy's and Calli's opinions/comments. Don't make me have to fly out there and...and...and...I'll figure out something. [Wink]

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted October 18, 2006 19:08      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shave it Sinead! [devil wand]

--------------------

uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted October 18, 2006 20:19            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Taco, what have you done? :-P

Jessycat with short hair? Hm ... now that would be interesting. Someone needs to write a program where you can put your photo in and see what happens if you grow or cut your hair. Or add/remove a beard. Demosthenes looks good with a beard, must have a dwarf in her ancestry...

My overall conclusion is that your hairstyle has to match your head etc. Lots of people look pretty dire -- to me at least -- if their hairstyle is not suited to their face and head and perhaps their body too. And of course, not forgetting, the type of hair.

Jessycat -- I think your hair is fine as it is, suits you.

One of the nice things with girls and long hair is the "hair-virginity tease" -- if you keep your hair tied up most of the time, then on the rare occasions that it's let down, you look absolutely gorgeous.

But then, a certain person I know, I always wanted her to grow her hair and eventually she did ... Doesn't suit her. Then recently, a barbarian gave her hairdo more Demos's style, and it suits her a lot more. It's hard to predict what suits you the most, it really is, and if you cut it all off and decide it looks bad, you're screwed :) (Which is what happened when I first had mine all cut short. ARGH! Horrid! Must-grow-it-back-again...)

Whereas I think my sister could do with much shorter hair. But she'd never believe me ;)

IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 18, 2006 21:27      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like having hair. It keeps my head warm. [Razz]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 18, 2006 22:02      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just something I noticed about my wife. A woman with long hair doesn't have to get it trimmed so often. When my wife had long hair she just needed her bank trimmed ever so often. When she has short hair she has to go get a full styling every other month. Depending on where you live this can add up cost wise. On the other hand short hair requires less maintenence time. So I guess its a trade off, strictly practically speaking.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted October 18, 2006 22:25      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Taco - I think the "after" shots look better than the "before" shots, but only because you didn't give it chance to grow long enough. [Razz]

Still - what matters is that you are happy with your new 'do. Personally, the only reason I shaved my hippy hair was that it had gone too thin on top and looked stoopid. If it hadn't have fallen out, I would still have my 'Jesus' hair [ohwell]

Jessycat - you have magnificent hair. If you decide to lose it, don't go for some halfway deal that isn't long hair anymore and isn't short hair either - that would be a waste of good hair and you would have lost the 'wow' factor of a luxuriant head of hair. On the other hand, you have good bone structure and could probably carry-off the bald-babe look, so if you do it, do it properly and shave it right down to the wood. [Big Grin]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 18, 2006 23:49      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be the first to say it: Taco, you look like a boy now. Good for you. [Big Grin]

Jessy, if you cut your hair, save it and use it for hair extensions once it grows out a bit if you miss its length. I'd suggest making a wig, but it takes about four times the amount of hair to make a good wig. Although, with the length of your hair, you could double it up and maybe then have a decent hairpiece.

Or not. [Razz]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 19, 2006 06:51      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks good Taco.

Jesse, if you cut your hair (not that I am advocating this Jesse hair groupies), you might also think of Lock of Love. They help kids with cancer, who suffer hair loss.

It can be liberating. I went from sitting on my hair to Mia Farrow length once. [Smile]

Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted October 19, 2006 08:12      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jessycat: Chelsea cut, studded leather jacket and Docs. 'Nuff said [Smile]
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 19, 2006 09:09      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
I'll be the first to say it: Taco, you look like a boy now. Good for you. [Big Grin]

Jessy, if you cut your hair, save it and use it for hair extensions once it grows out a bit if you miss its length. I'd suggest making a wig, but it takes about four times the amount of hair to make a good wig. Although, with the length of your hair, you could double it up and maybe then have a decent hairpiece.

Or not. [Razz]

The hair could still be used for a wig. If what you cut off is at least 10" long you can donate it to Locks of Love.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jessycat

Member # 1171

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 19, 2006 09:35      Profile for Jessycat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, so many opinions! [Big Grin]

I would definitely donate it to Locks of Love; I have friends who have done it.

I know that I would look terrible with short hair (my hair is definitely my best feature and, I suspect, disguises a very funny-looking skull), but that's kind of the point. Lately I have been realizing that I am attracting the wrong sort of attention for the wrong reasons (this board excluded of course! [Wink] ) and it's incredibly frustrating. I know that cutting my hair is not the solution but at least the hair would go to someone who could use it.
Also, it would be soooo much easier!!!

I probably won't do it though. [ohwell]

Posts: 491 | From: NYC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted October 19, 2006 09:43      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jessycat... take Nitro up on her SuperFan "NitroMakeOver" offer. [Big Grin]

I can't find the link, but here's when she did Peebs....
http://www.geekculture.com/ultimatebb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=23;t=000271

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 19, 2006 11:27      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was going to do Locks of Love, but when I researched it, I decided to scrap that idea. One reason why: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locks_of_love You'd be better off selling your hair privately.

And Uilleann, Revlon has a program in select salons where they upload a picture of you, then swap out various hairstyles. There are Websites on-line where you can do that, too.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 19, 2006 12:44      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
I was going to do Locks of Love, but when I researched it, I decided to scrap that idea. One reason why: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locks_of_love You'd be better off selling your hair privately.

I find the criticisms on the page silly. As long as the charity isn't blatantly wasting resources (and it seems clear from the independent assessments that Locks of Love is not), I don't see why they shouldn't be able to use donations in whatever way they need to in order to further the greater goals of the organization.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 19, 2006 18:15      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The page isn't quite accurate either. Locks of Love does give wigs to kids undergoing chemo - they just don't use real hair to make them.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture