homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Another geek enters the world

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another geek enters the world
Elvermere
Geek
Member # 2456

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted September 27, 2006 06:45      Profile for Elvermere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all

Not only have I been lax with my posting, but I admit (and will humbly submit to punishment) that I haven't even been lurking. So I really don't know what's been going on in the forums.

However I do now have another flesh and blood offspring to love, cherish, educate and keep my internet time down to a minimum.

So, in a nutshell, here comes the stats.
Boy
Fletcher
4.8kg (10pd 8oz)
Delivered by Caesar

All is well with all the members of the family. Only interesting thing to note that when he was born (and presumedly for a while previous) he had a complete knot in his umbilical cord, extremely rare according to the paediatrician.

I'd include a picture here, but I have got to find somewhere to host some files. More later (and when I'm not quite so sleep deprived. Any recommendations of picture sites would be appreciated.

--------------------
Duct Tape is like the force.
It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.

Posts: 113 | From: Perth, West AU | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2006 07:04      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats mate! That's fantastic news. Another fair dunkum West Aussie [Big Grin]

Pretty big little tacker too.

Where'd the big event take place, King Eddies or St. John of God, or somewhere else 'cause they're the only two delivery hospitals I know?

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2006 07:38      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations!

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
SilverBlade
Alpha Geek
Member # 3541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2006 09:40      Profile for SilverBlade   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations on the new baby!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
http://www.silver-blade.net

Posts: 303 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2006 09:48      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations! [Big Grin]

Oh, and for hosting pictures I usually use photobucket, but tinypic works too.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 14 posted September 27, 2006 10:05      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done. 4.8kg!!! That's a biggin!
Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2006 10:19      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats!!!!

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted September 27, 2006 10:49      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations! Let the humiliation begin

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted September 27, 2006 11:02      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mag Valour! [Big Grin]
Hope mom and baby are doing great.
[Applause]

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2006 16:38      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congrats on the new baby nice name too i guess he will be playing a lot of rpg's when he is older.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Oz, the Wizard of
Highlie
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2006 17:46      Profile for Oz, the Wizard of   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What kind of knot?

Oh, right. Grats. >.>;;

--------------------
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Posts: 707 | From: The Emerald City | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Elvermere
Geek
Member # 2456

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted September 28, 2006 07:31      Profile for Elvermere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all

Thanks for the congratz guys, and thanks to TMBW for the photobucket idea.

Here we go.

-

-

Please note I've held off on the Operating Room ones. Although I've got a really good one of the knot!

Jedi: There's a few more hospitals that will deliver babies, but we had ours at St. Johns in Murdoch.

And Oz, as tempting as it was to say the knot was an Alpine Butterfly, it was a simple thumb knot! ;-)

Cheers

--------------------
Duct Tape is like the force.
It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.

Posts: 113 | From: Perth, West AU | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 08:15      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awwwww.....

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted September 28, 2006 08:19      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am always amazed and humbled by the miracle of a new baby even when it is just photo like this, of one I have no connection with. Many congratulations Elvermere, and my best wishes to all of you.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted September 28, 2006 09:10      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats! [Beard of Peter Gabriel!]

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 03, 2006 17:53      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a beautiful baby! I'm glad he and mom are doing well!
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 04, 2006 03:41      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awww .. damn cute baby photos, nice work and congratulations!

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 04, 2006 09:48      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gorgeous baby! [hearts]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted October 04, 2006 18:37      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CONGRATS! [Beard of Peter Gabriel!]

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture