homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » geekette.co.uk - Open for Business!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: geekette.co.uk - Open for Business!
SilverBlade
Alpha Geek
Member # 3541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 21, 2006 01:00      Profile for SilverBlade   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been slaving away over this website for a solid 3 days, not including the time spent on the previous version which I didn't use in the end.

This website is for the ladies who like looking gorgeous but who are also geeks and proud of it! I've noticed there didn't seem to be many sites dedicated to that so I thought I'd take my slice of the very large binary cake.

I am really satisfied and proud of the ending result and I had to share it with all you people!

Any critiques, comments and compliments are welcome [Big Grin]

http://www.geekette.co.uk

Thanks!

--------------------
http://www.silver-blade.net

Posts: 303 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ugurcan

Member # 4746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 21, 2006 03:41      Profile for Ugurcan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gorgeous looking geek babes! Wohooo! [hearts]

I really can't think of anything else to add [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Constants aren't, Variables won't..."

Posts: 219 | From: Under a 110 ft satellite dish... | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 5 posted September 21, 2006 10:09            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*frowns* I don't see any...? Perfume, iPods, but not these chixx0rn you speak of.
IP: Logged
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted September 21, 2006 10:32      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bookmarked it! I'm starting to get more interested in fashion and beauty lately, I've been frumping around too much lately.

Looking forward to seeing it bloom and grow! [Big Grin]

fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted September 21, 2006 19:11      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Suggestion: Links to places that sell stuff like the jewelry made from CAT-5 and old bits of circuitry and stuff. Also maybe Thinkgeek's women's section and GC's TTB shirt, etc. (Bonus if you find places that have affiliate programs. [Wink] )

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
SilverBlade
Alpha Geek
Member # 3541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 21, 2006 20:24      Profile for SilverBlade   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your support Nitrozac!

And fs that is a great idea! You know, I was sorta hoping that if I get a steady regular flow of... well, regulars, I could set up a shop [Smile] But for now, links will do.

--------------------
http://www.silver-blade.net

Posts: 303 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
ARJ
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 157

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 21, 2006 21:39      Profile for ARJ   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The orange links on pink background seem a bit low-contrast & hard to read, but other than that seems like a clean, simple site. If you want to follow up on fs' suggestion, I notice there seem to be a lot of those type of things for sale on etsy. Also, you might want to check out www.chickadvisor.com-- a little flash widget you can throw in the sidebar. I haven't looked at how it works carefully, just noticed it in other blogs, but it sort of seemd to go with your theme.

--------------------
Katie West: Well done steak? Really?

Warren Ellis: Yes. Because MAN COOK MEAT WITH FIRE UNTIL IT NO CRY ANY MORE THEN EAT IT DEAD

Posts: 1197 | From: Sydney, NSW, AU | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture