homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » My sandwich tastes funny... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: My sandwich tastes funny...
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted September 12, 2006 16:57      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What type of meat is this?

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
ARJ
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 157

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 12, 2006 17:40      Profile for ARJ   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always found anthropomorphic food disturbing after that scene in Benny & Joon where they talk about the California Raisins.

But that takes the cake (which is in the shape of a severed arm).

--------------------
Katie West: Well done steak? Really?

Warren Ellis: Yes. Because MAN COOK MEAT WITH FIRE UNTIL IT NO CRY ANY MORE THEN EAT IT DEAD

Posts: 1197 | From: Sydney, NSW, AU | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 12, 2006 17:55      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kind of reminds me of that ST:TNG episode where they're eating a cake that looks like Troi.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 12, 2006 18:58      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't eat that... That's just not right... What exactly are the eyes and mouth and nose made of? Someone tell me that!
Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Oz, the Wizard of
Highlie
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 12, 2006 20:48      Profile for Oz, the Wizard of   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BooBooKitty:
Can't eat that... That's just not right... What exactly are the eyes and mouth and nose made of? Someone tell me that!

PEOPLE!!!!!1111

--------------------
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Posts: 707 | From: The Emerald City | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted September 13, 2006 01:23      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steen - have you never seen face meat before? Where do you think all the old clowns go when they retire from the circus? There are no rest-homes for clowns....

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 13, 2006 01:44      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grummash:
Steen - have you never seen face meat before? Where do you think all the old clowns go when they retire from the circus? There are no rest-homes for clowns....

No rest homes for clowns??? Do you not know about the "Inner City Clown Group Retirement Center"?? Or ICCGRC as most refer to it.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 13, 2006 05:51      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Oz, the Wizard of:
quote:
Originally posted by BooBooKitty:

PEOPLE!!!!!1111
*insert blood-curdling scream*

Oh wait.. isn't that suppose to be soylent green?

Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 13, 2006 07:22      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me runs to the bathroom to throw up

That company just combined my two biggest fears, processed meat and clowns.... [cry baby]

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted September 13, 2006 07:33      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Canibles won't eat clowns because they think the clowns taste funny.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted September 13, 2006 09:00      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ewwwww! and it's pork... that's really disturbing especially since if you're familiar with the Vancouver pig farmer murders.
Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
LoneWolf
Mini Geek
Member # 4966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted September 13, 2006 13:29      Profile for LoneWolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pickton Jellied meat products.

</BARF>

--------------------
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, i

Posts: 61 | From: Victoria BC | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 13, 2006 13:59      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Pickton Jellied meat products.

</BARF>

The jellied meats over here are actually pretty good. It the same thing with bolongy, I wouldn't touch it in the states but over here it actually tastes good.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 13, 2006 14:08      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that surprisingly didn't gross me out. I would never eat that crap but it still dosn't botter me. I think its because i've lived half my life in europe where weird foods like that is normal.

plus now the vegeterians don't have an excuse for not eating meat. They can now eat clown.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted September 13, 2006 14:30      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, face meat is not as bad as it gets...

There is an abomination called Haslet, which comes in two varieties.

i) Innocent-looking Haslet, which a fine-grained processed sausage, and seems quite harmless.

ii) Full-on Haslet, sometimes also called Brawn, which is diced offal (any dead beast will do, throw in watcha got) set in a gelatine sausage. Think about it.... pink squares, grey squares...which is cow brain? which is pig's testicle?? etc etc

Yeuck!

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 13, 2006 14:54      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
There is an abomination called Haslet, which comes in two varieties.
Lies! Haslet is lovely. Mind you, I do regularly disgust others with my desire for offal. If you are going to eat meat, I fond it slightly hippocrytical to say "Ugh! hearts are disgusting!" If you are going to eat beasts, eat the whole fscking thing!

And as far as I'm aware, brawn is generally made from a pigs head and is predominantly brains. (But I'm not sure what is supposed to go into haslet).

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
splitpeasoup
Mini Geek
Member # 3497

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 13, 2006 15:31      Profile for splitpeasoup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh. Did you know that they are engineering meat now? Like, in a petri dish they are growing meat. And within the next few decades, it may be available on the market. I just hope its labelled.
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 00:56      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by littlefish:
If you are going to eat meat, I fond it slightly hippocrytical to say "Ugh! hearts are disgusting!" If you are going to eat beasts, eat the whole fscking thing!

This is a fair point. Most of the yucky bits are quite nutritious and it would be wasteful to discard them. Having said this, there are always going to be social or cultural habits which determine which bits of animal are "off-limits" for eating, and these will vary from place to place.

For example, I know people who would happily eat tripe, but not heart, or liver but not brains. And do the people who eat kidneys know what they do for a living??? [Razz]

--------------------

Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 01:34      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by splitpeasoup:
Ugh. Did you know that they are engineering meat now? Like, in a petri dish they are growing meat. And within the next few decades, it may be available on the market. I just hope its labelled.

Yes, it is a standard expirement in any undergrad biochemical engineering lab to grow hamster cells in a petri dish. What would be wrong with this? I did this in lab. These cells aren't even GM.

--------------------

-Assif Mandvi

Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 06:25      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haslet and brawn at least contain recognisable animal parts, which cannot be said for clown sausage, which could only come from a country with little respect for real food as the UK. Very depressing.

I was a child during the 50's when food shortages did not give us the luxury of being fussy eaters. As a result I have always enjoyed all forms of offal. Those meat eaters who turn up their nose at liver or kidneys are missing something really delicious, and good value for money too. Tripe can be good too though it can also be rather bland. Heart is rather boring, and I don't actually enjoy brains, though I would eat them if I was hungry enough. Unfortunately the rest of my family don't share my omnivorous tastes, so I usually only have these things when eating out.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 08:21      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I was a child during the 50's when food shortages did not give us the luxury of being fussy eaters. As a result I have always enjoyed all forms of offal. Those meat eaters who turn up their nose at liver or kidneys are missing something really delicious, and good value for money too. Tripe can be good too though it can also be rather bland. Heart is rather boring, and I don't actually enjoy brains, though I would eat them if I was hungry enough. Unfortunately the rest of my family don't share my omnivorous tastes, so I usually only have these things when eating out.
Where do you eat out? The only sort of offal I regularly see on menus is haggis, black pudding or steak and kidney pie.
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 08:31      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't eat kidneys, liver, etc. based on the fact that I know what they do in the body. Most edible organs are used for filtration which means that some of the filtered material is going to remain in the organ after cooking. That's just me though.

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 09:39      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Callipygous:
I don't actually enjoy brains, though I would eat them if I was hungry enough.

I have considered trying brains on a few occasions (they make cabeza tacos at a shop near here), but I have yet to meet a person who actually likes them.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 12:29      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use brains every chance I get, even when I have to borrow.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 13:32            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sxepto, you thinking of auditioning to be a zombie?
IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture