homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Don't mess with old people

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Don't mess with old people
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted September 08, 2006 13:55      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes with her bare hands.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 08, 2006 13:57      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mac D:
Yes with her bare hands.

Yea, 5'7" and 260 lb's. You might as well fight a bear than this grandma.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 08, 2006 16:12      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
51's not that old...

"Don't mess with nurses" would be a better heading. They're used to being obeyed, and they know how to hurt you. A lot.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 09, 2006 04:01      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
51's not that old...

"Don't mess with nurses" would be a better heading. They're used to being obeyed, and they know how to hurt you. A lot.

"cough" denial "cough"

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Ugurcan

Member # 4746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 09, 2006 04:28      Profile for Ugurcan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Under Oregon law people can use reasonable deadly force when defending themselves against an intruder or burglar in their homes.
WTF is "reasonable deadly force"? [Geek]

Does that mean that you cannot kill an intruder with a RPG?

--------------------
"Constants aren't, Variables won't..."

Posts: 219 | From: Under a 110 ft satellite dish... | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 09, 2006 04:36      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ugurcan:
WTF is "reasonable deadly force"? [Geek]

Does that mean that you cannot kill an intruder with a RPG?

Well, it would be unwise to do so in your own home...

quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
"cough" denial "cough"

Now listen here, you young whipper-snapper...

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted September 09, 2006 07:05      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don't want to mess with people in wheel chairs either. At leaste this one had a .357

--------------------

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted September 09, 2006 14:08      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember a story in the British press a couple of years ago. An elderly blind gentleman was going about his business when his guide dog was attacked by a pit bull terrier.

The old guy bent down and jammed his left fist in the pit bull's jaws and proceeded to pummel it senseless with his right fist.

Everyone agreed that it would not be appropriate to charge the old, blind, fella with cruelty to animals.

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Chesty
Assimilated
Member # 2460

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 09, 2006 18:53      Profile for Chesty         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't like that word "reasonable" - it leaves too much to interpretation. We recently passed a law that just says we can kill anyone who invades our home. Any way we want to.

We have had a drop in home invasions since then.

We updated it not long after to include other places. - If they are going to harm us in your car or place of work , we get to kill'em.

Any way we want to!

Posts: 416 | From: The Beach | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 09, 2006 20:22      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chesty:
I don't like that word "reasonable" - it leaves too much to interpretation. We recently passed a law that just says we can kill anyone who invades our home. Any way we want to.

The trouble with that is that it gets used by psychos to get away with murder.

There was a case a year or so ago where A killed his neighbor B's dog, B went next door to remonstrate with A about it, and A shot him dead. A then successfully claimed immunity from prosecution under state "home invasion" laws. I'm thinking this probably isn't the kind of "home invasion" the legislators had in mind when they passed the "kill 'em any way you want" law.

Personally, I figure if the prosecution can convince a jury of 12 that "unreasonable force" was used, it probably was.

--------------------

Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 10, 2006 01:41      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chesty:

We have had a drop in home invasions since then.

They did this. In Virginia or one of the carolinas. I forget where. The problem washat robers were not the ones being shot and killed. People would get into domestic disputes. One party would leave and then come back and would end up shot to death. The police would arrive and the shooter would say that they thought this person was an intruder.

YOur plan of legalizing the killing of intruders was tried and failed. The only thing that happened was to embolden the wife beaters to stop beating there wife and kill her because they now thought that they could get away with it.

--------------------

-Assif Mandvi

SweaterTheory
Newbie Larva
Member # 5666

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted September 10, 2006 19:49      Profile for SweaterTheory     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spread the word.

www.stopthezombies.4t.com

Email me your experience at [email protected]

Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted September 10, 2006 20:32      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SweaterTheory:
Spread the word.

www.stopthezombies.4t.com

Email me your experience at [email protected]

What does this have to do with Old people whooping would be burglers butts? If they took out zombies in the stories then it would make sence.

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture