homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Peebs and mini-PB update

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Peebs and mini-PB update
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2006 09:42      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all. I know I'm not posting much these days, but I do try to keep up. Our benevolent dictators recently told me that they'd like to know a bit more about what's going on with me and how Kaitlin is doing.

To start off, Kaitlin is going to be 11 months old on Saturday! I can hardly believe it. She started walking two days ago. Just a few steps at a time usually, but she did make it halfway across the living room once. She babbles all the time and says a few words like "hi", "uh-oh", "dada", and I could swear she says "what's that" (or, you know, "waz-da?") but that is likely to be either my imagination or her just copying the sound that our two year old neighbor makes all the time. She's getting in her seventh tooth which is a little trying for all of us. Plain yogurt and applesauce are her favorite foods right now. And she really likes to dance along with music. We're planning her first birthday party right now so if any of you are going to be in the bay area at the beginning of October you are totally invited.

Josh is still selling hearing aids and getting a lot more experience as a dispenser. I was looking for a part time job just to get a little more spending cash, but that hasn't worked out so far so I'm going to open up my own business instead selling cloth diapers and diaper covers. I've got most of what I need to get started, I just need a few more supplies and a little graphic design. I've also recently taken up knitting. On straight needles it's pretty easy, but I've just started trying to knit a circular piece on double pointed needles and it is tricky to say the least. [Geek]

I guess that's about it for things that are actually new with me. My parents' divorce will be final this October. Josh's parents got divorced, his dad got remarried, and his dad is getting divorced again. My mom is still looking for a job. And my brother moved out of the house and fell in love.

New mini-PB pics will be up soon in the clubhouse.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted September 05, 2006 10:30      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peebs!

Kaitlin is almost a year old? Wow, where does that time go? Congrats on the one small steps for baby! (One giant panic time for Mummy-kind [Razz] )

Your own business? AWESOME. Be sure to let us know when you're open for business. [thumbsup] [Applause]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2006 15:19      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe she is 11 months already. It goes by so fast at their age. Post some pics when you can.

Good luck with the diapers. A friend of mine used biobottoms and loved them. It is harder when you work and have daycare, but there are more stay at home mom's these days. They would be a great audience. You might see if you have a local MOPs
http://www.mops.org/

Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted September 05, 2006 17:32      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peebs! Wonderful to hear that all is going well with you, Josh, and Kaitlin. The other stuff going on in your family sounds like a bit of a soap opera, but the most important stuff all sounds good. Good luck with your biz, and my very best wishes to you and yours.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 06, 2006 07:13      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me remembers to go and buy books for Kaitilin

I can't believe she's going to be a year old already!

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 06, 2006 19:51      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
11 months eh?

So... when can we expect mini-PB V2.0 ?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 06, 2006 20:37      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If all goes as planned, not for at least three or four more years. [Wink]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 06, 2006 21:10      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Twins, right? Or is it triplets? (ducking and running right now)
Glad to see you and glad to hear everything is going so well with your family.

Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 06, 2006 22:04      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:

Tell Josh I cast aspersions on his manliness, when Druidling V1.0 was 11 months old, we were already 2 months into Project Druidling V2.0
Jeez, next thing you know, he'll be letting you wear shoes.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 07, 2006 09:41      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:

The clublets are four years apart. We thought that would be a great age separation. We were wrong. They're almost constantly arguing, loudly. Oh, well.

Anyway, good luck with the home biz. Glad to hear mini-PB is doing well. Wish I wasn't too poor (*cough* damn cheapskate *cough*) to be a superfan.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 07, 2006 09:51      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll p/m you the pics. Anyone else who isn't a superfan but wants to see them just let me know and I'll p/m them to you too.

--------------------
óMiss Piggy

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 07, 2006 19:54      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As the firstborn of four children born within a ten-year span, I recommend closer rather than farther apart. I was born in '80 and my brother in '90. Sometimes it seems like we're worlds apart because of all the time between us. It's also rather odd to be graduating from college and still have a sibling in elementary school.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 07, 2006 19:57      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
As the firstborn of four children born within a ten-year span, I recommend closer rather than farther apart. I was born in '80 and my brother in '90. Sometimes it seems like we're worlds apart because of all the time between us. It's also rather odd to be graduating from college and still have a sibling in elementary school.

As the friend of several people with more than one child under 2, I think I'll stick with at least a 3 year gap. [Razz]

--------------------
óMiss Piggy

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 07, 2006 20:04      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I can see how that might put you off, but at least you'd have toddlerhood over with sooner! [Razz]

My sisters and I have three years each between 1 and 2 and 3, but then my brother came 3.5 years later. The two youngest fight like cats and dogs, but that's just their personalities. Or rather, the personality of the youngest sister 'cause she always has to be the center of attention.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 08, 2006 02:00      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rhonnie sibling rivalry, competing for the love and attention of your parents is almost universal. My experience is very different from yours. My brothers and my sister all fought with each other constantly, and my sister in particular did some horrific things to my youngest brother. My children have been pretty much the same too. In both cases the ones who fought most intensely were the ones adjacent in age order. I never fought with my baby brother, like my daughter and her baby brother, and in both cases like yourself there is an age difference of 10 years. Indeed in both cases we developed an especially close relationship as the oldest and the youngest.

However it has not resulted in anything seriously bad. However bitter any rows were, both my siblings, and my children were and have been able to drop it fairly instantly to unite against the real enemy - parents! Adolescence also seems to mark the end of the bitterest of these arguments, and the beginning of a proper close relationship.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 08, 2006 06:06      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peebs, thanks for the pics. Maybe you already got a notification, but I p/m-ed you some clublet pics in return.

If anyone else wants to see clublet pics drop me a p/m.

I'm also going to try to get my act together and post some of the non-personal shots from our recent vacation (holiday, for you snooty non-'merkins [Wink] ).

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 09, 2006 12:27      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I posted some snaps of D-M at my dad's 70th party, if you want to see them. http://sithiworld.textamerica.com
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 09, 2006 12:37      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She is getting so big! I can hardly believe it. [Happytears]

--------------------
óMiss Piggy

Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 11, 2006 06:38      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She is getting big and is catching up with kids born in the states in terms of height. Her doctor is really please about that. The fun thing right now is watching her learn. Her imagination is really taking off now and she creates imaginary stories.

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture