homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » If Hello Kitty was in the NRA

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: If Hello Kitty was in the NRA
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2006 19:24      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is what she'd own
The Swiss Minigun
 -

Aww, how cute! (and I don't even like guns)

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted August 15, 2006 08:47            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehe it would be cute to have that pop up in Worms when you ask for the minigun.

Too bad that until we get those 300 dpi monitors, we'd be looking quizzically at a single grey pixel.

IP: Logged
Mel
Alpha Geek
Member # 3553

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 15, 2006 09:20      Profile for Mel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha, awesome! I'd give that to my neighbour to kill mosquitos with (she got West Nile a couple years back).
Posts: 309 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted August 15, 2006 09:32      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by uilleann:
Hehe it would be cute to have that pop up in Worms when you ask for the minigun.

Wouldn't it be awesome if someone made a mini minigun?
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted August 15, 2006 10:01            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely. That and an anti-anti-missile-missile-missile ...
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 15, 2006 14:36      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder what kind of power that packs. It looks like you could do more damage with a jab from a ball-point pen.
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 15, 2006 15:27      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by quantumfluff:
I wonder what kind of power that packs. It looks like you could do more damage with a jab from a ball-point pen.

From the website - each bullet carries 1.0888 J of kinetic energy, that's about as much as an apple dropped from 1 metre.

Of course, an apple dropped from 1 metre wouldn't be travelling at 130 m/s...

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted August 15, 2006 16:46      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For reference, a standard .177 pellet for an air gun usually weighs in around 8-10 grains and the cheap ones fire around 300 FPS. This gun fires a round that weighs in around 2 grains at 426 FPS.

It can definitely put an eye out, but not much more.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 15, 2006 20:43      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All that mathematical mumbo-jumbo is all well and good, but it's worthless when the trigger's so tiny a finger won't fit around it to fire the darn thing! [crazy]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2006 07:55      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It may be too tiny for people to fire, but if evil squirrels got their hands on them, we could be in for serious trouble.
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2006 09:39      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
All that mathematical mumbo-jumbo is all well and good, but it's worthless when the trigger's so tiny a finger won't fit around it to fire the darn thing! [crazy]

And that's when you take the pencil out from behind your ear (or perhaps from the back of one's hair?) and use it to pull the trigger. [Razz]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2006 10:05      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It may be too tiny for people to fire, but if evil squirrels got their hands on them, we could be in for serious trouble.

Either that or cranky guinea pigs...

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2006 15:38      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
quote:

Either that or cranky guinea pigs...
You both forgot about the militant prairie dogs. [Wink]

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2006 07:24      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
it's worthless when the trigger's so tiny a finger won't fit around it to fire the darn thing!

See the outcurving hook on the bottom of the trigger? Methinks that's an extension of the trigger itself to make it easier to fire. (Do bigger gun nuts than I want to back me up on this one?)
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2006 08:31      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by uilleann:
Absolutely. That and an anti-anti-missile-missile-missile ...

Sounds like something Major Major Major would use [Smile]
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 17, 2006 08:45      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Demosthenes:
quote:
it's worthless when the trigger's so tiny a finger won't fit around it to fire the darn thing!

See the outcurving hook on the bottom of the trigger? Methinks that's an extension of the trigger itself to make it easier to fire. (Do bigger gun nuts than I want to back me up on this one?)
I'm no gun enthusiast, but it looks like the whole trigger guard has been made into part of the trigger. They have some kind of keychain case for it shown in their gallery, but I would hope that anyone using that would have the sense to keep it unloaded.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2006 13:41            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you're right on that call.
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 17, 2006 14:40      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CrawGator:
You both forgot about the militant prairie dogs. [Wink]

Guns don't kill prairie dogs, prairie dogs do.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2006 20:29            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the gun helps.
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 19, 2006 02:41      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, so this means that I have to drive up to La Chaux-de-Fonds and see about getting one.

No prices on the site, but I will have to make a few , discrete, inquiries.

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 19, 2006 16:44      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

evil squirrels? That implies there are nice squirrels, which I can assure you, there are not.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2006 18:07            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thus presume that this is the evilest squirrel of them all.
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 19, 2006 18:52      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Squirrels prefer more elegant (and advanced) weapons...
 -

<squeaky-voice>
If hand over the peanuts you do not, the full power of The Force you will feel
</squeaky-voice>

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture