homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Now casting geeks!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Now casting geeks!!!
Steve-O Casting
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 5558

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 14, 2006 11:47      Profile for Steve-O Casting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone,
My name is Adam and I'm casting for a new Steve-O (from Jackass) show. We're looking for guys that are interested in improving an aspect of their life but don't know how to do it. Are you afraid to talk to the girl you like? Afraid to stand up for yourself at work? Want to become more social? Steve-O wants to help!
For now, we are only looking for people in Southern California. Send me an email at [email protected], and let me know:
A) Are you nominating yourself, or a friend?
B) What is it you think Steve-O can help you with?
C) What town do you live in?
Thanks for your interest!
Adam

Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 14, 2006 11:56      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am pretty sure, even though some uf us may laugh at Steve-O, none of us are dumb enough to volunteer to be on a show with him.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jessycat

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1171

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted August 14, 2006 12:00      Profile for Jessycat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to humbly submit that Steve-O is in far more need of help than most of the guys here.
Posts: 491 | From: NYC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 14, 2006 12:19      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who's Steve-O? Never heard of him. I've heard of Jackass, but never watched it. MTV sucks. I liked the X-Files episode "Lord of the Flies" where their version was named Dumbass. That name described the premise of the show much better. [Razz]
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2006 12:25      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A) Are you nominating yourself, or a friend?

Me! Me! I nominate me!

B) What is it you think Steve-O can help you with?

If Steve-O is getting a show, I'm sure there's a paycheck involved. He could split that with me and I'd be his bestest friend*. That would be ever so helpful!

C) What town do you live in?

If you've got the check, I've got a PO Box number you can send it to [thumbsup]

*as long as it doesn't involve actually being around him or having to communicate with him in any way shape or form.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2006 13:29      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm sure the guys will be lining up to take advice on how to live their lives from this dude:

-

Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 14, 2006 13:52      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me me me,

I really want to do stupid and life threatening moronic stunts...

Or maybe I don't... and I don't live in California either - bugger, perhaps I can be your international net chum? and you can make me a big beneficiary on your life insurance?

No? Oh well never mind... just have to find a rich lonely widow then... [Big Grin]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tirthas the Geek
Mini Geek
Member # 2864

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 15, 2006 10:09      Profile for Tirthas the Geek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MMMmm...I can smell the Bactine already.

This is maybe the 4th or 5th casting request post I've seen in my tenure reading this forum.

These guys just don't seem to get that we're NOT their demographic.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I barely watch TV -- maybe 30 minutes a day? -- but when I see that tripe on TV, I immediately switch to PBS or go back to watching Yakitake Japan!. (Admittedly, PBS is starting to go reality, too.)

About the only "Reality" TV I can stomach is Iron Chef.....That show cracks me up.

--------------------
I already used my best sig on Slashdot.

Posts: 92 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture