homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » competitive eating

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: competitive eating
schnurren
Geek
Member # 1571

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 04, 2006 14:58      Profile for schnurren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The International Federation of Competitive Eating website: http://www.ifoce.com/

I can't believe that this actually exists.

Posts: 184 | From: PA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 04, 2006 21:35      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had a sanctioned shoo-fly pie eating contest two weekends ago. [Smile] I wish I hadn't had plans or else I would've tried to compete in the amateur event.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Thorned0Fortress
Geek
Member # 4435

Icon 8 posted July 05, 2006 01:16      Profile for Thorned0Fortress   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I won a pie eating contest a few years back.
I am such a fat cow.
OOOOOOOH Vent time, everyone !!

I have been gaing weight without cause. No, I am NOT expecting. Some of you may know that I went to ROTC camp a few weeks ago . I ate three times a day (hardly anything except for a big breakfast). I was sweating bullets, marching, swimming, running, and climbing over shit.
I CAME BACK WEIGHING MORE THAN WHEN I LEFT !
People have told me the whole muscle-is-heavier-than-fat thing, but all of my friends' clothes were getting looser by the freakin hour... mine didn't.
Any ideas?

Posts: 235 | From: texas | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 05, 2006 02:24      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thorny, unless things have changed very radically since the pictures on your profile and Myspace were taken, I'd suggest that you should not expend too much mental energy on achieving your ideal weight, and get on with enjoying your life. You are plenty good looking enough already, any more and you'll only cause traffic accidents. [Wink]

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alan!
Geek
Member # 1261

Icon 1 posted July 05, 2006 02:25      Profile for Alan!     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...dirty old man...

;-)

Posts: 219 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 05, 2006 03:49      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thorned0Fortress:
I am such a fat cow.

I have been gaing weight without cause. No, I am NOT expecting. Some of you may know that I went to ROTC camp a few weeks ago . I ate three times a day (hardly anything except for a big breakfast). I was sweating bullets, marching, swimming, running, and climbing over shit.
People have told me the whole muscle-is-heavier-than-fat thing, but all of my friends' clothes were getting looser by the freakin hour... mine didn't.
Any ideas?

Actually , when it come to eating contests, thin asians do better than fat americans becuase their stomachs can expand. If you have too much fat in your belly your stomach cannot expand to fit more food in.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted July 05, 2006 17:13      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thorned0Fortress:
I am such a fat cow.

Any ideas?

Are you planning to go on a hot date with that dude named Skeletor? If not, you sure as hell don't need to lose any weight.
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Thorned0Fortress
Geek
Member # 4435

Icon 1 posted July 05, 2006 22:37      Profile for Thorned0Fortress   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all. I know that I am not quite obese, it's just that Im worried about 15 extra unexplainable pounds.
Posts: 235 | From: texas | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted July 06, 2006 07:48      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last time I checked (A couple months ago) I was down to 170lbs (77 kg??) I was up to 210lbs (95 kg??) when I decided I was to fat. I gave up pop (soda) and cut a lot of sugar out of my diet.

Thorn, I think you are at about that age where this stuff is just going to start happening without you having control over it.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 06, 2006 14:38      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
T0F, it's not unheard of for women to gain weight during puberty. Maybe you're just a late-bloomer. [Razz]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted July 06, 2006 15:06      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
TOF wrote:
I ate three times a day (hardly anything except for a big breakfast). I was sweating bullets, marching, swimming, running, and climbing over shit. I CAME BACK WEIGHING MORE THAN WHEN I LEFT !

That's called muscle which has a higher density than fat so you
can gain more of it without it affecting your appearance (except
in a positive way). With more muscle your base metabolism will
be higher making it harder for you to add fat. Seems to me that
you're on the right track. [Wink]

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture