homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » We saw the Stanley Cup!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: We saw the Stanley Cup!
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted June 26, 2006 11:25      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nitrozac and I had the pleasure of seeing the Stanley Cup yesterday! Rod Brind'Amour is the captain of the winning team, the Hurricanes. It's a tradition that each member of the team gets a day with the Cup, and what he did was bring it back to his hometown for the whole town to see. He grew up in Campbell River, a smallish town north of us, and so we couldn't resist the opportunity to witness such a dose of Canadiana!

Here's proud Rod with the cup. Every Canadian boy's dream. [Happytears]
 -

They named a street after him...aw, how cute. The town square was packed with people, poor Rod had to pose with the Cup in the hot sun for hours. Then again... it is the STANLEY CUP! WOOOOTTTT!!!!!

-

Ok, here it is folks... the money shot.... The Greatest Trophy in Sport! [thumbsup]
 -

Off topic:
I kinda had a Canuck crush on one of the Mounties. They always get their man, you know. [Big Grin]
 -

OK, now to the the real cup that everyone desires...
 -

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted June 26, 2006 11:33      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was a superb experience! Us Canadians are really proud of our hockey traditions. You gotta admit, the Stanley Cup is the best trophy going! [thumbsup]
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 26, 2006 11:39      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice!

And what's the thing about the mounties? The girls are pretty, the guys are... well, I call that the mountie shape: older square-faced, self-important looking overgrown boys. Take a look at the second picture: it's very typical.

Did you give Rod that Tim's cup, or were you only taunting him? [Wink]

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Crimson
Geek
Member # 5163

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 26, 2006 12:19      Profile for Crimson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice! [Big Grin]
Posts: 106 | From: Michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 27, 2006 07:15      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile] I saw it the night they presented it. I live in Raleigh, so I went to several of the events they had when they won it. Didnt get to the games though [Frown] but then again I wasnt paying all my tuition next sememster for tickets, lol.

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

Posts: 406 | From: The Line Between Time and Space | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 27, 2006 07:32      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I figured this thread would have been started by Jace or someone in Carolina, and I was going to get ready to moan about the cup being in the wrong country, especially considering > half the Carolina Hurricanes are Canadians anyway...

But then I saw this, and all is good in the world again.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted June 27, 2006 10:02      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would have started the thread, but well, I just didn't get around to it.

The cup is exactly where it belongs. In the possession of the WINNARS!1

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 27, 2006 12:20      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Too Cool To Quit:
The cup is exactly where it belongs. In the possession of the WINNARS!1

With what.. 3 actual Americans on the team? [Razz] You're right, the WINNARS!1 did get the cup.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 28, 2006 14:59      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOOHOO GO CAROLINA HURRICANES!!!!!

It was so nice to see people around here go crazy over hockey when it's usually basketball or football.

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 28, 2006 16:26      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too cool. It is a beautiful trophy. Glad you got to see the hometown hero too.
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 30, 2006 08:07      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting where else it has been! Apple store 5th Avenue! (w/ pic)
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 01, 2006 12:43      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is even one Swiss on the team too, so waiting for it to head this way, as it did once before.

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture