homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » I was a Teenage Jedi

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I was a Teenage Jedi
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 24, 2006 16:30      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you are a hard core Star Wars fan. You have seen all the films so many times that you know every line, and the back story of even the most minor characters. You have played all the Star Wars games many many times. So what do you do next? Surely it's obvious - make your own Star Wars trilogy!

I don't want to be cruel because of the evident dedication and enthusiasm of all concerned, and actually I loved these gloriously awful fan films! Though there is absolutely no discernible writing acting or directing ability on show here, it doesn't really matter, as the participants are clearly all having so much fun, and if you enjoy bad films such as "Teenagers from Outer Space", this will have you alternately cringing with embarrassment and snorting with laughter.

On the plus side the computer generated graphics are pretty fantastic for an amateur film and the very modest kit and software involved, and George Lucas's last three films, though infinitely more expensive, were only marginally better than these.

And Star Wars kid will know he is not alone!

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 24, 2006 22:37      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then there's Star Trek - Hidden Frontier proof of some trekkies determination 'to boldly go where no fan has gone before'.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
cafeina
Newbie Larva
Member # 5292

Icon 14 posted June 25, 2006 04:50      Profile for cafeina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, this is cool. I must say that I am impressed by the quality of this low-budget movie.

I have often imagined story lines that extend beyond what we see in Return of the Jedi. It's nice to see that I am not the only Star Wars nerd to do so.

Posts: 8 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture