homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » In 1976, a Los Angeles secretary officially married a 50-pound rock. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: In 1976, a Los Angeles secretary officially married a 50-pound rock.
-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 5 posted June 12, 2006 11:58      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
true story

In 1976, a Los Angeles secretary named Jannene
Swift officially married a 50 pound rock. The
ceremony was witnessed by more than 20 people.

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted June 12, 2006 11:59      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i wonder if they had a ROCKY relationship

at least her husband is rock hard all the time

your turn
go!

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2006 12:50      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
maybe.logic
Alpha Geek
Member # 5014

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2006 13:37      Profile for maybe.logic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder what their sex life was like [shake head]
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted June 12, 2006 13:52            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno, I suppose she could have put sculpting to good use to make it an interesting shape ...
IP: Logged
ooby
Highlie
Member # 2603

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2006 14:07      Profile for ooby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That couple was always stoned.

--------------------
"haven't you ever wondered if there's more to life than being really, really, rediculously good looking?"

Posts: 680 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted June 12, 2006 14:23      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems like it would be hard for her to not take him for granite.
Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2006 15:01      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Their wedding cake flavor?

Marble. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted June 12, 2006 16:40      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by maybe.logic:
I wonder what their sex life was like

I heard it was stone dead. [Razz]
Ugh, MightyClub
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2006 17:23      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She eventually went to jail for murder - seems she made stone soup one night.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2006 17:33      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by maybe.logic:
I wonder what their sex life was like

The answer is ... sedimentary, my dear Watson [Wink]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted June 12, 2006 18:08      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Demosthenes wrote:
I heard it was stone dead.

Oddly enough after they were married he couldn't get his rocks off.
Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted June 13, 2006 13:24      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i expected more from GC...

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 13, 2006 13:50      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -ct-:
i expected more from GC...

I gravel for your forgiveness. [Wink]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted June 13, 2006 14:11            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How much more did you expect, ct? I thought the responses were pretty damn good!
IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted June 13, 2006 14:25      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard they got married because her period was slate.
Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted June 13, 2006 14:26      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....and he is a little boulder now that he isn't single anymore.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted June 13, 2006 14:28      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....at the reception, it was an open bar. They went through 60 quartz of wine.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted June 13, 2006 14:33      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...later, she was chargerd by RIAA for having pyrite music on her iPod.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted June 13, 2006 14:34      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...after the honeymoon, she was coaled as ice in the bedroom.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 13, 2006 15:01      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They had one child, he was a real son of a ore [Wink]

--------------------

DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 13, 2006 15:43      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When the Jannene changed his first diaper it was full of schist. She tried to get her husband to change it but he was adamite that she do it. She thought it was grossular.
Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 13, 2006 16:12      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On their wedding night, he went for her like a bull at agate

--------------------

-ct-
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted June 13, 2006 16:17      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thaaaaaaaaaat's better [thumbsup]

--------------------

Thorned0Fortress
Geek
Member # 4435

Icon 1 posted June 13, 2006 23:24      Profile for Thorned0Fortress   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL good replies.
I knew about this when I was nine. I had a fact-of-the-day calendar. I always told people it was her pet rock, though, instead of a 20-pounder.

Where did you find this story ?

Posts: 235 | From: texas | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture