homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Kids today

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kids today
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 08, 2006 01:01      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WTF is wrong with kids today?

Sheeesh

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
maybe.logic
Alpha Geek
Member # 5014

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 08, 2006 02:49      Profile for maybe.logic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They just cant get their priorities right these days...

How can having an Ipod be better then getting smashed and then thinking you are listening to an Ipod?

Spoongirl
Uber Geek
Member # 2143

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted June 08, 2006 04:33      Profile for Spoongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's absolutely shocking! I don't even own an i-pod! And my fridge is FULL of tasty beers! And I'm an 18 year old student.

Shame on them... Values going out the window. I blame those snazzy i-pod ads on tv. When was the last time you saw a good beer advert? (Aside from the one with the perfect apartment with the sexy lady room-mates and a view of the footy [thumbsup] )

--------------------
"And we will call it... This Land..."

Posts: 901 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 08, 2006 20:19      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd rather have a little ear damage than fall out of a window in a drunken stupor.

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2006 20:46      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd rather fall out a window in a drunken stupor than just fall out a window.
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2006 21:30      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These kids only think that iPods are cooler than beer because they're idiot college kids who haven't discovered real beer yet.

(Hint: if light can penetrate it, it's not real beer.)

Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 08, 2006 21:49      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Demosthenes:
(Hint: if light can penetrate it, it's not real beer.)

[thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]
Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Thorned0Fortress
Geek
Member # 4435

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2006 18:43      Profile for Thorned0Fortress   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beer ? Yuck.
I don't have an ipod nor have I had an MP3 player. I'm still waiting on my jog-proof CD player!

Posts: 235 | From: texas | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 6 posted June 09, 2006 20:19            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad I'm not the only person that thinks that beer tastes nasty :-) Oddly I'm not keen on the UI of the iPod either -- I think that pressing left on the wheel should go to the parent of the active menu.

What I dream of (Oh this would be the bestest thing in the world. Well, second to sex...) is a remake of the Psion Revo, but with a Li-ion cell, colour screen (maybe bump up the res a bit given that we've improved the contrast now), improved keyboard and wireless Internet. Not Bluetooth, actual WiFi, so you can surf the Net from it. Connectivity via external USB2 (the semi-internal serial slot is a nuisance).

This may require dimensional transcedence, but maybe a mini-SD slot and sound out jack.

It would just be the coolest real pocket computer around (it's already a pre-emptive microkernel OS even now). No idea what OS to use though, maybe the latest Symbian release, if they had any sort of half-decent UI. Might have to go Linux/Qtopia, but if it were to also run Cy/VOS and The MicroGUI that would be pure heaven. Something like this or this but in colour.

Absolutely not required: cell phone, camera :>

IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture