homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » But they're ordering the wrong sauce!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: But they're ordering the wrong sauce!
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2006 13:05      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is for GarlicGuy...

Life's Great Mystery? It's in the Sauce

...back to lurkdom, or not? [Wink]

Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2006 14:29      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So true, so true...

Thanks for the link G_g!

gg

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 02, 2006 17:24      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi garlicguy...

Here's a new recipe for your collection:

I bought part of a ham for $.89/lb. at Giant last night. It was labeled "for seasoning," which made me wonder what that meant, so I decided to be safe and put it in the Crock-Pot. I rubbed it with some ham base (in case the "for seasoning" meant it needed to be seasoned), then put some Garlic Head Barbecue Sauce in the pot along with a few tablespoons of some red wine. I wanted to add some orange juice so there'd be some liquid (the Garlic Head sauce is super-thick), but when I started pouring, milk came out of the carton. At that point I realized I had taken the wrong container out of the fridge! I tried to blot up the milk with a paper towel, but that didn't work, so I just poured in the orange juice, put the lid on, and walked away.

Tonight I ate some of the ham for dinner, and boy, was it good! The orange juice provided enough of an acidic bite to balance out the sweetness of the Garlic Head and the ham turnde out to be super tender. Quite delicious, really. I wish I would've had time to boil the redskin potatoes I got last night and smother them in browned butter, garlic, and salt 'cause they would've gone well with the ham, but I'll have to do that tomorrow.

Once I'm finished paying for my wedding, I'm going to order some of the spicy sauce, 'cause that will taste good, I'm sure.

Oh, and the milk? I don't know that it made much of an impact! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture