homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » jumping up and down may now begin

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: jumping up and down may now begin
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 31, 2006 18:17      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The big news I logged on to share.
D-M'S LAB WORK IS FINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE DOESN'T HAVE VON WILLINBRAND (sp?) No bleeding disorders in this house. ::does touchdown dance:: Her lab work according the hematologist must have been off before her surgery because of all the antibiotics she was on. (yes, when news is this good you may use all caps.)

I've been a wreck waiting to hear about her lab work the last few weeks. Let the rejoicing begin!

Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 31, 2006 18:21      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Applause] Yay! I'm so glad D-M is okay.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 31, 2006 18:30      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my. I didn't even know D-M was ill! I'm so glad to hear the lab work came back with good results.

How are her ears doing? The last news I had heard about D-M was your debate over the insertion of tubes in her ears, but that was months ago.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 31, 2006 18:43      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
W00T ! [Applause] [thumbsup] [Applause]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 31, 2006 18:45      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They were going to do the tubes and her adnoids, but she didn't do well on a clotting test. The surgeon was afraid she had a bleeding disorder. So he did her tubes and skipped the adnoids. Then he sent her to the hematologist. We go and the doctor starts telling me all the possible bleeding disorders it might be and what we can do about them. I just kept hugging D-M tighter and tighter as we sat there. V-W seemed the most likely for her to have. It has been a long and worrying wait since they drew all that blood, but now I know she is fabulous!!!!!

The downside for D-M, the surgeon is going to be gunning for her adnoids again now. LOL

On the ear tube front, they are working like a charm. She's had two bad bouts with her allergies and her nose. Zero ear infections. And her speech has improved since she hears better.

::more touchdown dancing::

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 31, 2006 19:04      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adenoids... are they like tonsils? In the long run, it'll probably be easier on D-M to have them out now than as an adult. Plus, hopefully she won't remember the pain of recovery. Just remember to stock your fridge/freezer well with lots of jell-o, pudding, ice cream, mashed potatoes, and other smooth food. [Smile]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 31, 2006 19:05      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's great news, Aditu!!! [Smile]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 31, 2006 20:23      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aditu - your good news is indeed cause for joy and happy dancing! [thumbsup] Thanks for sharing.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
magefile
Highlie
Member # 2918

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 31, 2006 20:43      Profile for magefile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats! Now just keep the ears dry and the rest will all work out in the end.
Posts: 743 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 31, 2006 21:32      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome to hear that, Aditu.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted May 31, 2006 22:41      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fantastic! [Happytears] [thumbsup]
Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted May 31, 2006 22:58      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phew.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2006 03:25      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aditu__________________I am very pleased that this was the outcome, however I am angry at Hos/Pediatric that made initial misdiagnosis

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2006 05:31      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am very very happy for you both. Please continue to let us know how everything is going.
Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2006 12:42      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Applause] [Applause] It's nice to hear some good news once in a while. [Smile]
You must be very relieved. [Smile]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2006 12:54      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coming out of lurkdom to say WOO HOO!
Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2006 12:59      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grey_girl:
Coming out of lurkdom to say WOO HOO!

Hi, Grey_girl!!!

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2006 13:41      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay!!!  -

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2006 14:54      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aditu:
::more touchdown dancing::

There's a flag on the play... Excessive celebration, 15 yard penalty. [Wink]

Seriously, I'm glad to hear that D-M is doing well. Here's praying for smooth sailing once the issue of her adenoids is settled. [thumbsup]

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted June 04, 2006 14:53      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can use even more caps for this kind of joy.

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 04, 2006 17:30      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks all. D-M loved the dancing stick man, Shroom.
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 04, 2006 18:38      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hoped she would. [Smile]

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2006 16:33      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile]

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2006 12:34      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also coming out of lurkdom to say "That is wonderful news!" [Big Grin]
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 08, 2006 16:54      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
also coming out of lurk mode-woo-hoo!!!!

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture