homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Friday Five - The Grummash list!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Friday Five - The Grummash list!!!
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 19, 2006 12:50      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled questions yearning to be answered Thanks
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted May 19, 2006 14:42      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. When you meet someone for the first time, how soon do you decide if you like them or not?

2. What little foible do you have that someone else really hates?

3. What's the cutest thing anyone has ever done for you?

4. In a relationship (real or hypothetical) what little idiosyncracy would be the deal-breaker?

5. What do you do to let someone in your life know they are special?

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
schnurren
Geek
Member # 1571

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 19, 2006 15:49      Profile for schnurren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. When you meet someone for the first time, how soon do you decide if you like them or not?
I decide right away, but my opinion of them often changes, going from hate to love and vice versa.

I get frustrated easily and I don't deal well with stress.

a class of eigth grade Germans baught me a German flag and wrote all their names on it.

4. In a relationship (real or hypothetical) what little idiosyncracy would be the deal-breaker?
Interupting me often or ignoring what I say.

do their laundry

Posts: 184 | From: PA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 19, 2006 17:47      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. When you meet someone for the first time, how soon do you decide if you like them or not? I usually like most people at the beginning. I'm an optimist. Romantically it really depends.

2. What little foible do you have that someone else really hates? I can be an interrupter. I have to watch that.

3. What's the cutest thing anyone has ever done for you? It wasn't a boyfriend, but one of my good friends took her spare key and swapped out my old VCR for a DVD/VCR combo as a Christmas suprise. She knows I don't get many suprises for Christmas since my mom passed so it meant alot.

4. In a relationship (real or hypothetical) what little idiosyncracy would be the deal-breaker? Romantically - smoking. My mom died of lung cancer. Not willing to go there again.

5. What do you do to let someone in your life know they are special? Either cooking or finding a really cool book that is perfect for them.

Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
californiarockr
Assimilated
Member # 1986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 19, 2006 18:02      Profile for californiarockr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grummash:
1. When you meet someone for the first time, how soon do you decide if you like them or not?I like everybody when I first meet them. Usually, if I am going to change my mind, it happens within 1/2 hour of speaking to them. Romantically, not for awhile, as I try to be sure that its not just good scenery.

2. What little foible do you have that someone else really hates? I don't take enough things in life seriously

3. What's the cutest thing anyone has ever done for you? Cutest? No clue. My girlfriend does a damn good job of getting me exactly what I want for holidays though

4. In a relationship (real or hypothetical) what little idiosyncracy would be the deal-breaker? Smoking cigarettes. Smell gross, bad for you, and you don't get much of a feeling from them. I know a few smokers who died of cancer as well. I am fine with cigars, shisha, and grass as long as it isn't excessive. Sure its a bit hypocritical, but I feel that way.

5. What do you do to let someone in your life know they are special? Usually get them a small gift for no reason

I cannot think of any good questions [Frown]

--------------------
lol

Posts: 361 | From: guess... :/ | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 20, 2006 01:54      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just like their personality, or like them romantically? Well, for the former, all it would take is for them to seem sincere, interested in what I have to say and interesting to listen to. For the latter, these qualities would have to have confidence and warmth attached to them... but most of the time I don't end up liking someone until I've known them for a bit.

I sing a lot... quietly, almost everywhere. Or I whistle. I think this bugs some people. I also have a habit of putting an empty mug on my head when I have finished my tea, and sitting that way for a few hours if I'm reading or watching TV. Yes, I know, freakish [Razz] .

This isn't the cutest thing that has ever been done for me (that's not a story I will be telling here), but it's still pretty damned cute. I was depressed to the point of tears because the guy I'm 'in love'* with hadn't been in touch with me for ages, and I couldn't concentrate on anything - I thought he hated me after a little fight we had. My housemate tried to cheer me up, to no avail. She left the house to go shopping as I sniffed in my room. While she was out, the guy in question called, came by to pick me up, and he and I then spent the rest of the day and night together. The next morning, when I got home, I found a pair of socks on my bed, bright blue and pink, with a picture of a sad looking Eeyore holding roses on them. My housemate had bought them to cheer me up, but I was gone before she could give them to me. Bless her, it's for things like that that I love her.

Poor hygiene. If he doesn't wash, it can't continue.

Cute, stupid gestures that are probably ill-advised. Like sticking notes to their mirror in backwards handwriting saying "Thank you for letting me sleep over!" or sending pictures of funny looking animals to their work e-mail address to cheer them up during the day. Or trying to cook for them. If I try to cook you something, I'm practically in love with you already [Razz] .

*Everyone else says such unhealthy obsession can only be love... but who knows, really.

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 20, 2006 05:48      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Usually too soon. I am not wrong that often, but sometimes I am.

Incessant joking. Either that or the fact that I talk too much.

Agreed to marry me?

Lying. Even those people who always tell lots of little white lies that don't hurt anybody.

Usually just tell them.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted May 20, 2006 07:14      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I decide straight away...but I don't always make the right decision. Some of my closest friends are people I did not think I would get along with at first, but then I got to know them over time. On the other hand- when I decide on first meeting that a person is a "wrong 'un" I am usually proved right.

Pedantry. I can't help it. "Less fruit... fewer apples" - Grrr [Roll Eyes]

Not sure about the cutest... but Mrs Grummash sometimes hides little notes between my sandwiches so that I find them at lunchtime.

Smoking. I couldn't get it together with anyone who smelled like an ashtray.

I like to buy little gifts now and then, but Mrs Grummash thinks it's lovely when I meet her at the bus-stop and walk her home.

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture