homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » boycott Verizon

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: boycott Verizon
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 01, 2006 06:47      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two years ago I went to the phone company to get my number changed. I was being harassed by a library patron, who had also started calling me at home. I called Verizon and explained my problem and told them he had been reported to the police in the city where I work and the city where I live.

The lady changed my number and because I can't afford the ongoing cost of being unlisted we put me under my first initial in the phonebook. That's great. A wonderful solution.

So imagine my horror to find that they listed me under my full name WITH address this year. They have sent this phonebook across the valley. I called to find out and they say "well the rules changed and you have to be under your billing name." Well you needed to call me first. There should have been some kind of astricks by my name or something.

I am so angry you can't even imagine. So if you have the option of not using Verizon for your phone service - don't!!!!

Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 01, 2006 07:03      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out of lurkdom...

I've got one to add to this...

Several years (yes, years) I called Verizon to have my listing changed after my divorce. I wanted my maiden name used. So what do I get bills as?

My name
DIVORCED

Multiple calls to complain have not fixed the problem.

Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 01, 2006 07:17      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm kind of confused - my friend has Verizon...and she's listed under her cat's name. They didn't seem to have any great issue with that. I'm sorry they've done this crap to both of you...and I'd consider taking up the cause...but their coverage is just too good. [Frown] Otherwise, I'd also boycott them for their lack of proper Bluetooth support!

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ARJ
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 157

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 03, 2006 19:21      Profile for ARJ   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have hated Verizon since they bought out GTE. I hated their name, I hated their customer "service". When I switched from dialup to DSL, they canceled my dialup before I had even received my DSL modem. I called up tech support to ask why I couldn't connect anymore and they treated me like an utter moron and that maybe there was something wrong with me using a Mac to dial in, despite the fact that it had been working fine for a year. Phh. Idiots. Although Aditu's story is worse by far.

I'm glad I don't have to deal with them anymore, although Telstra/Optus here in Australia seem just as bad or worse. [Mad]

--------------------
Katie West: Well done steak? Really?

Warren Ellis: Yes. Because MAN COOK MEAT WITH FIRE UNTIL IT NO CRY ANY MORE THEN EAT IT DEAD

Posts: 1197 | From: Sydney, NSW, AU | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Thorned0Fortress
Geek
Member # 4435

Icon 2 posted May 03, 2006 21:32      Profile for Thorned0Fortress   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We actually switched to Verizon from SPRINT.

We would usualy go to the 'Sprint building' (lol) to pay the bills, but once or twice we payed online from our checking account.
You can imagine how suprised we were to find that Sprint continued to help themselves to our money, even when the billing cycle was not over.

Posts: 235 | From: texas | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture