homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Just when you think the low lifes couldn't go lower ... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Just when you think the low lifes couldn't go lower ...
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2006 16:38      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By low lifes, of course, I mean Republicans. Or "Righties" as I like to call them.

Now they are dunning wounded veterans fresh home from the front. This goes way beyond the swift boating of John Kerry, and continues to show how Righty just HATES those who serve and are wounded in battle.

As Erbo tells us, here is a tale of his kind of "Christian Values:"

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2006/04/injured_soldier.html

"Support Our Troops" my freakin' keister. As along as it doesn't cost your tax cut, huh?

Righties are nothing but a buncha big talkin', two-faced Jane Fonda panty-waists. They have no shame, nor honor.

Life must be good under a rock.

Colonel Panic

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 27, 2006 17:51      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CP__________________I have to agree that this is terible, to those of you that read what I had posted, I am sorry for posting misinformation the story was a fake.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2006 18:36      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Panic:
By low lifes, of course, I mean Republicans. Or "Righties" as I like to call them.
......Righties are nothing but a buncha big talkin', two-faced Jane Fonda panty-waists. They have no shame, nor honor.

Colonel Panic

if you seriously want to lump them all together, STFU and GTFO

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2006 19:42      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -ct-:
quote:
......Righties are nothing but a buncha big talkin', two-faced Jane Fonda panty-waists. They have no shame, nor honor.

Colonel Panic

if you seriously want to lump them all together, STFU and GTFO
seconded.

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 27, 2006 20:16      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

'scuse me? Did you mean to say "Whities"?

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 27, 2006 23:45      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
From TFA:
an array of debts related to everything from errors in paychecks to equipment left behind on the battlefield.

So, the soldiers returning from Iraq wearing one boot are being made to pay for the one they left behind (with their foot still in it).

You couldn't make stuff like this up. [thumbsdown]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 28, 2006 00:06      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by garlicguy:
quote:

'scuse me? Did you mean to say "Whities"?
And don't forget that they're penny-pinchers, or "tighty whities"! [Razz]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Shadow
Assimilated
Member # 1558

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 28, 2006 10:58      Profile for Shadow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rhonwyyn, are you trying to start a boxer revolution? [Razz]

As for the original topic, it is saddening to hear our soldiers are coming back only to find such a financial mess. I hope this gets resolved quickly! [shake head]

--------------------
I do but keep the peace: put up thy sword,
Or manage it to part these men with me. - Benvolio (Romeo & Juliet)

Posts: 415 | From: /dev/geek/ | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 28, 2006 12:19      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shadow:
Rhonwyyn, are you trying to start a boxer revolution? [Razz]

Nah. Just trying to jockey for position!

--------------------

Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 28, 2006 12:31      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, keep it brief, for heaven's sake.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2006 12:34      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thongs for such an interesting debate! [Big Grin]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Shadow
Assimilated
Member # 1558

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 28, 2006 13:14      Profile for Shadow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sxeptomaniac:

Did you witness the last string of pun... ah... debate posts? I don't know if we could bare keeping this short! [Big Grin]

--------------------
I do but keep the peace: put up thy sword,
Or manage it to part these men with me. - Benvolio (Romeo & Juliet)

Posts: 415 | From: /dev/geek/ | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 28, 2006 14:07      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sxeptomaniac:

Precisely. If it went on for too long, John everyone would be exhausted and pantying for breath.

--------------------

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 28, 2006 14:32      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With a pun thread like this, I could keep rambling on and on and on and on... but that would leave me pantying for breath, so I'll just keep it shorts.

--------------------

Tom- geeking around

Member # 2876

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 29, 2006 12:47      Profile for Tom- geeking around   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[POLICE]

ATTENTION EVERYBODY: DO NOT TURN THIS THREAD INTO A PUNFESTIVAL!
Everybody who tries will be arrested, and his ass thoroughly spanked!

[/POLICE]

Thomas

--------------------
Pizza and ginormous jugs is what I need!

Posts: 374 | From: Vienna | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 29, 2006 13:52      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tom- geeking around:
[POLICE]

ATTENTION EVERYBODY: DO NOT TURN THIS THREAD INTO A PUNFESTIVAL!

[/POLICE]

Thomas

Ass me if I care.

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 29, 2006 13:58      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by garlicguy:
Ass me if I care.

Don't be cheeky !

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 29, 2006 16:27      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suppose we could just lingerie around posting the occasional politcal argument, if you prefer...

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted April 29, 2006 17:49      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tom- geeking around wrote:

Handcuffs and spanking? Have you been talking with Zorro?

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 30, 2006 10:18      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now we've just hit rock bottom of our punfests.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 30, 2006 13:08      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why was this turned into a punfest?
Linked from the arctile is this:
http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/BrianRoss/story?id=1894152

Mentions Tom Davis, so I got curious. Tom Davis' site says this:
http://tomdavis.house.gov/cgi-data/news/files/238.shtml

Yep, those evil Republicians... Trying to stop and reverse this "friendly fire".

--------------------
My Site

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Erbo
Member # 199

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 30, 2006 17:35      Profile for Erbo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't be too quick to read partisanship into this, Col. Panic and others...many of these entrenched bureaucrats that are dunning soldiers could just as easily be Democrats, if the Pentagon is anything like the State Department or the CIA. Far more likely is that this is the result of ordinary bureaucratic bungling, perhaps by some of those sticklers for rules that have brooms up their asses, if you know the type. Such types cross party lines, cross between the military and civilian worlds, and, in short, can be found everywhere.

I note from one of GameMaster's posted links that a Congressman who's investigating this issue closely is a Republican from Virginia. I'm certain this problem will be thoroughly examined and, hopefully, dealt with accordingly.

But I agree with you in basic principle; this is 100% fucked, and is no way to treat our heroes.

--------------------
See more From The Erbo Files: www.erbosoft.com/blog/

Posts: 1480 | From: Denver, CO, US | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 30, 2006 17:50      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not the right way to treat cannon fodder either.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Erbo
Member # 199

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 01, 2006 08:49      Profile for Erbo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Callipygous:

I hardly think of our soldiers as "cannon fodder," Callipygous. They're all "heroes" in my book. (With some exceptions, mainly those who are actual wrong-doers.)

--------------------
See more From The Erbo Files: www.erbosoft.com/blog/

Posts: 1480 | From: Denver, CO, US | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
ASM65816
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 712

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted May 01, 2006 16:20      Profile for ASM65816   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
April 30, 2006, 17:50

Uh, cannon fodder would be something more like:
quote:
During the Iran-Iraq War, the Ayatollah Khomeini imported 500,000 small plastic keys from Taiwan. The trinkets were meant to be inspirational. Khomeini sent Iranian children, some as young as twelve years old, to the front lines. There, they marched in formation across minefields toward the enemy, clearing a path with their bodies. Before every mission, one of the Taiwanese keys would be hung around each child's neck. It was supposed to open the gates to paradise for them.... All told, some 100,000 men and boys are said to have been killed during Basiji operations.

--------------------
Once a proud programmer of Apple II's, he now spends his days and nights in cheap dives fraternizing with exotic dancers....

Posts: 1035 | From: Third rock from sun. | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture