homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Friday Five - Grummash's first quarter questions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Friday Five - Grummash's first quarter questions
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 08:56      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grummash suggested this theme last week, so here it is! (Didn't come up with five, sorry.)

1. we are just reaching the end of Quarter 1, 2006 - does anyone have any regrets, or any achievements for Q1?

2. If you made any resolutions for the new year, how are they going?

3. What are you planning to do for fun in the next quarter?

Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 09:25      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. we are just reaching the end of Quarter 1, 2006 - does anyone have any regrets, or any achievements for Q1?
No real regrets. As for achievements, I did successfully set up my first "real" aquarium. More importantly, Mrs. Club and I took a no-Clublet weekend vacation/second honeymoon in the Poconos. The "resort" we stayed at was pretty cheesy ("Can you say 'stuck in the Seventies', boys and girls?"), but the chance to reconnect was priceless.

I don't make resolutions.

Not sure if it will be next quarter or the following, but we're planning a trip to a water park sometime this summer. And in August we'll be vacationing on Cape Cod.

(Adding) 4. Do you expect any major life changes in the next quarter?
I don't, but maybe some of the rest of you do.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 09:43      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been doing pretty well academically (averaging a first for the year, yay me!), which I'm really proud of, because I've spent so much of my time at uni fscking around. I've made a lot of mistakes in my personal life, but I think I learned some important lessons because of it. Now, if I could only get rid of the stalker I have managed to acquire... [ohwell]

Hah! My resolution was to lose some weight/get healthier. I went overboard and started throwing up after meals. But I got a hold of myself before it became serious, and am now fine. Really messed up the resolution, though [Wink] .

Well, I have a dissertation to write and exams to get out of the way... But after that, I'm hoping to take a few weeks to laze around in the sun, go on trips and celebrate lots of 21st birthday parties. I'm going to Strawberry Fair in Cambridge a few days after my final exam, which will be a nice way to kick off the summer [Smile] .

4. Do you expect any major life changes in the next quarter?
Well, I will be getting a degree in the next quarter (hopefully!), and it would be nice if that facilitated getting some independence, and moving out of my parents' house for good. So, yep. [Razz]

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 11:36      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My business has continued to prosper, which is nice. The bills for the wedding have been stacking up, but I've almost got it entirely paid for, and it's still just under 2 months away, so I'd say I've done moderately well. I can't believe how fast the time is going though.. it's scary.

I didn't really make any. At least not anything I could feasibly achieve in 3 months.

Get married? [Razz]

See 3. [Smile] That, and me and my business partner have started having regular meetings to go over things, progress on projects, etc, and we're doing moderately well keeping to it, so hopefully 2006 will be our breakout year as planned.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted April 08, 2006 00:51      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I survived my 21st birthday. Also, I just got a new job today, actually...on-site techie and networking stuff for a small local business. Pays three times as much as Geek Squad, and health insurance will be nice. No regrets thus far.

I don't make resolutions.

Spend all my newfound money on booze!

New job, and I'm getting my driver's license so I can drive the company car around. I'm also looking around for a metal or psychobilly band to play in; Housemate Nick got me a Fender Precision bass for my birthday (I had to sell my beloved Ibanez when I went to college) and I want to get back into playing with a group.

drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 08, 2006 08:39      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Demosthenes:
I survived my 21st birthday. Also, I just got a new job today, actually...on-site techie and networking stuff for a small local business. Pays three times as much as Geek Squad, and health insurance will be nice. No regrets thus far.

Holy crap congrats!
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 08, 2006 08:54      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. I've not had to kill my suitemates yet. That in itself is a huge deal for me.

2. I don't make them so I can't break them [Razz]

3. Sleep more. A lot more.

4. I plan to finish my first year of college making the Dean's List.

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 08, 2006 09:56      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. No regrets. A /big/ project of mine was a success, but now I need to regroup and focus on other stuff. Also, I just took a nice brief vacation.

2. I don't do resolutions.

3. Another vacation... a moderately long one. [Big Grin]

4. Possibly, yes. I'll leave it at that. Still, I've been procrastinating about it for ~3 quarters now, so no guarantees.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 08, 2006 17:56      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Acheivements I'm still at my job. Regrets I'm still at my job

Don't make any

Hope to take some vacation time

4. Major changes
Sell house so can look for new job. Or D-M gets potty trained.

Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture