homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Friday Five - Peeb's April Fools

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Friday Five - Peeb's April Fools
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 31, 2006 12:34      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any one have a list you've been burning to share?? Thanks
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 31, 2006 12:43      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fewer than five!

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2006 13:01      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a question.... we are just reaching the end of Quarter 1, 2006 - does anyone have any regrets, or any achievements for Q1?

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 31, 2006 13:12      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about something April Fools related?

What is the best prank you ever played?
What is the worst prank you ever played?
Tell us about the time you "fell for it"?
Is there a joke you've always wanted to do, but haven't gotten a chance yet?

Or something along those lines. I'm pretty bad at coming up with questions.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
webmacster87
Geek Apprentice
Member # 5018

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 31, 2006 15:19      Profile for webmacster87   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need to prepare an April Fool's joke...

--------------------
Phew, I finally registered on here.
Webmacster87.info (my blog)

Posts: 42 | From: SF Bay Area, CA, USA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Erbo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 199

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 31, 2006 23:20      Profile for Erbo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got one...in honor of April Fools' Day, Electric Minds has now become "SlashMinds."

--------------------
See more From The Erbo Files: www.erbosoft.com/blog/

Posts: 1480 | From: Denver, CO, US | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 01, 2006 06:40      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will play with Grummash's question for next week, since Peeb's are time sensitive.

1. What is the best prank you ever played?

2. What is the worst prank you ever played?

3. Tell us about the time you "fell for it"?

4. Is there a joke you've always wanted to do, but haven't gotten a chance yet?

5. As a kid which did you like better - knock-knock jokes or riddles?

Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 01, 2006 10:30      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. What is the best prank you ever played? I don't have enough of a poker face to be very good at April Fool jokes.

2. What is the worst prank you ever played? In junior high French class taping paper fish on people's backs was supposed to be funny. I don't remember now why this was supposed to typify French humour. Maybe Jerry Lewis used paper fish in a movie.

3. Tell us about the time you "fell for it"? Unless I'm reminded that it is April 1st, I almost always fall for April Fool jokes.

4. Is there a joke you've always wanted to do, but haven't gotten a chance yet? I've always wanted to pull a joke on my one brother, who always got me as a kid.

5. As a kid which did you like better - knock-knock jokes or riddles? riddles.

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 01, 2006 11:38      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't remember, so it can't really have been all that good. [crazy]

I tried to short sheet my brother's bed. For the uninitiated, that means you tuck the top of the sheet at the head of the bed, and instead of tucking the other end at the foot you fold it up halfway so when the blankets are on it *looks* like the sheet is on normally and turned down for you. The goal is for them to get very frustrated at not being able to get their legs all the way down, possibly kicking a hole in the sheets.

Anyway, I tried it on my brother, but he slept curled up in a ball. He never even noticed. [ohwell]

For a good 30 seconds I actually believed dragonman had gotten married. [Big Grin]

I'm still trying to come up with that perfect prank. Funny, embarassing, detailed, but without anyone actually getting hurt.

Riddles. One of my favorite when I was five was, what is big and red and eats rocks? A big red rock eater!

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 01, 2006 11:48      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Replacing my dad's creamer with the fizzy antacid tablets. They make the coffee foam everywhere!

2. I'm usually not mean with the pranks, but the one that went over the worst was when my best friend and I had the bright idea of getting our band director. The doors to our band room opened in and the windows were papered over for some reason, so my friend and I taped plastic wrap to the door-frame and then filled in the gap with popcorn. Needless to say, when our director opened the door he wasn't by himself, he was with a member of the school board. We wouldn't have gotten in trouble if it hadn't been for our oboe player, who for the next few weeks "misplaced" more reeds..... I'll leave it at that.

3. Thinking about it, I've never been gotten actually.

4. There are a couple in my reserve that I am not sharing...

5. Riddles, they involve more thinking.

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2006 15:02      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To start off, it's tradition for my parents and I to prank each other every year. They only get crueler as time goes on. [Big Grin]

I "came out" to my parents, informed my Republican, Catholic mother that I was moving in with a woman and was very much in love with her. My father was touchingly supportive, but my mother threw a fit and stormed out sobbing. I was amazed that they'd fallen for it.

I had one backfire, when I was in elementary school. My class had had a trip to a roller rink on March 31st, and my mother wrapped my arm in a soft cast on the way home. We convinced my father that I'd fallen and broken my arm, complete with an Academy Award-winning performance of agony on my part. He wouldn't listen to us when we broke the joke to him and I ended up spending a solid four hours in the emergency room that night.

My aunt phoned to tell me that my mother was dead. I lost it and took the first train home to find her and my father peacefully eating dinner. Hook, line, sinker.

One of these days I'd like to bring one of my biker buddies home and inform my folks that I'm pregnant and he's the father. That's a heart attack waiting to happen.

Riddles, all the way, though dead baby jokes took over later on.

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 01, 2006 22:43      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Demosthenes, the women in your family are pure evil ! [evil]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted April 02, 2006 13:34      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this is a little late to the party but if, like me, you work in a bank you may be interested in this article from yesterday's Guardian newspaper.

Skip past the main article to the section entitled Pucker up for pukka security

Enjoy. [Big Grin]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted April 02, 2006 23:52      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
Demosthenes, the women in your family are pure evil !

...and this surprises you? I had to get it from somebody. [Razz]
ChildeRoland
Alpha Geek
Member # 3880

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 03, 2006 05:58      Profile for ChildeRoland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Isn't that a little bit redundent?

--------------------
=====================
Childe Roland

Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 03, 2006 07:01      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ChildeRoland:
quote:

Isn't that a little bit redundent?
Its not adams fault he took a bite of the apple , eve gave it to him.

Speaking of this point my <probably insane> mother-in-law told me last week that dust is womans punishment for eve giving adam the apple.

Confused?? I was.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 03, 2006 07:49      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eve may have given Adam the apple, but it was his choice to take a bite instead of throwing it away.

<pseudo-rant*>
If he had kept better control of his wife, this never would've happened.
</pseudo-rant>

*The opinions expressed herein are not the beliefs of the poster.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
The real Stealth
Geek
Member # 4615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 05, 2006 15:06      Profile for The real Stealth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. What is the best prank you ever played? Um... It got stoped before it happened. I cant tell or I might get found out.

3. Tell us about the time you "fell for it"? The usuall "jump around the corner" prank... I dont try to stop myself.

4. Is there a joke you've always wanted to do, but haven't gotten a chance yet? I'll get to pull it in a few weeks...Tell you then.

5. As a kid which did you like better - knock-knock jokes or riddles? Riddles

--------------------
The one and only "§†eal†h the Fallen One"...Between Your life And mine are Three realities, Yours, The real one, and Mine. They they form a bridge shapped in the letters D-O-_-N-O-T-_-C-R-O-S-S.

Posts: 141 | From: Battle Creek, MI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture