homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Ballmer to kids: No iPod for you!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ballmer to kids: No iPod for you!
Erbo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 199

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted March 29, 2006 08:50      Profile for Erbo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems that Steve "Monkey-Boy" Ballmer ("Developers developers developers developers!", "I'm going to f**king kill Google!", etc.) is so anal about his competition he even makes his kids suffer for it:
quote:
My children--in many dimensions they're as poorly behaved as many other children, but at least on this dimension I've got my kids brainwashed: You don't use Google, and you don't use an iPod.
If he only knew how many employees of The Beast carry around iPods...some of them have even purchased replacement earbuds so they don't show the telltale white wires.

--------------------
See more From The Erbo Files: www.erbosoft.com/blog/

Posts: 1480 | From: Denver, CO, US | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
mephisto

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 29, 2006 11:43      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow. that's just sad.
i couldn't find words for how sad that is......
Perhaps if he focused on getting vista released as opposed to opposing better products... hah

--------------------
"Liberate tutame exinferis."

supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 29, 2006 12:27      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought this was funny:

"In five years are people really going to carry two devices? One device that is their communication device, one device that is music? There's going to be a lot of opportunities to get back in that game. We want to be in that game. Expect to see announcements from us in that area in the next 12 months."

Hey Mr. Ballmer, someone already tried that.

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 29, 2006 15:38      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe he should worry less about his kids and home, and focus on his problems at work.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Erbo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 199

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted March 29, 2006 15:45      Profile for Erbo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by supergoo:
"In five years are people really going to carry two devices? One device that is their communication device, one device that is music? There's going to be a lot of opportunities to get back in that game. We want to be in that game. Expect to see announcements from us in that area in the next 12 months."

Well, bear in mind that the Motorola iTunes phones won't store more than 100 songs, because Apple doesn't want them cutting into iPod sales. But, yes, Moto was there first...

--------------------
See more From The Erbo Files: www.erbosoft.com/blog/

Posts: 1480 | From: Denver, CO, US | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted March 29, 2006 16:02      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now we just need to find a way to convince Ballmer that Apple has cornered the toilet paper market and enjoy the fun when he announces that his kids will only use corn cobs from now on
Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 29, 2006 16:41      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steen, you have a seriously active imagination. [Razz]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
comicbookguy
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 5019

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 29, 2006 23:08      Profile for comicbookguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fortunately he's not my dad...
Posts: 2 | From: Germany | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
webmacster87
Geek Apprentice
Member # 5018

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 30, 2006 06:27      Profile for webmacster87   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ballmer is an idiot; end of story. [Wink]

--------------------
Phew, I finally registered on here.
Webmacster87.info (my blog)

Posts: 42 | From: SF Bay Area, CA, USA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 30, 2006 08:49      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I thought this was funny:

Hey, I like my ROKR, seriously!

Buuuuuut, I'm still about to go buy an iPod Nano to replace my 3G 15Gig iPod. [Razz]

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 30, 2006 15:00      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Am I the only one that disagrees with this?

I don't want a phone with audio playing, a still camera, a video camera, internet, PDA etc. I want I phone, a camera, a video camera, my MacBook Pro and the updated Newton that Apple will be releasing soon. [Wink]

Seriously, though, that's the reason I'm still stuck with my 5yo Sony J5 - I'd like a new phone, but I can't find one that excels at being a phone; I can only find ones that do a mediocre job at being all sorts of things.

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 30, 2006 15:01      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by maximile:
quote:

Am I the only one that disagrees with this?

I don't want a phone with audio playing, a still camera, a video camera, internet, PDA etc. I want a phone, an iPod, a camera, a video camera, my MacBook Pro and the updated Newton that Apple will be releasing soon. [Wink]

Seriously, though, that's the reason I'm still stuck with my 5yo Sony J5 - I'd like a new phone, but I can't find one that excels at being a phone; I can only find ones that do a mediocre job at being all sorts of things.

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
webmacster87
Geek Apprentice
Member # 5018

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 30, 2006 15:11      Profile for webmacster87   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't get a ROKR, get the SLVR if you need an iTunes phone. Although personally I'd go for a Moto Q or a Treo if I could afford the super-high service plan costs...

--------------------
Phew, I finally registered on here.
Webmacster87.info (my blog)

Posts: 42 | From: SF Bay Area, CA, USA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 30, 2006 15:36      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
Now we just need to find a way to convince Ballmer that Apple has cornered the toilet paper market and enjoy the fun when he announces that his kids will only use corn cobs from now on

Dried or fresh? [Razz]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture