homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Friday Five - your pets

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Friday Five - your pets
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2006 09:41      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In honour of Fuzzy, who slept on top of my chest all night and complained vigorously when I wanted to move, a set of pet questions. Also send me any suggestions for next week that you have.

1. What was your first pet as a child? If you didn't have a pet, what pet did you want?

2. Are you a pedigree or a pound person?

3. Who rules your house, the pet or you?

4. What pet do you have now or would you want?

5. Do you have a favourite story about a pet?

Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2006 09:55      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. What was your first pet as a child? If you didn't have a pet, what pet did you want? My first pet was Toto, a dog. My grandparents lived in the country and found homes for dumped animals in their area. My grandma promised my mom that Toto would stay small. My mom kept saying the dog would grow into those feet. My mom was right

2. Are you a pedigree or a pound person? I like watching dog shows and I love some breeds of cat. However, I must admit that all of my cats and dogs have been free to good home. Guilt I think, paying so much for a pedigree and all those sad faces in the Humane Society ads.

3. Who rules your house, the pet or you? Who got to sleep where they wanted last night. LOL The cat doesn't rule my daughter though.

4. What pet do you have now or would you want? I have an eight year old calico.

My brother had a gerbil named Kong. It was the biggest gerbil I had ever seen. When he went away to college, he left Kong at home under my mom and I's care.

Kong was not a young gerbil and he died on our watch. Neither of us wanted to tell my brother that his beloved gerbil had died. So we went to pet stores all over Southeastern Ohio looking for the biggest black gerbil with a white blaze we could find. We found one and stuck it in the cage when my brother came home for the summer. He'd been a way six months, so we managed to trick him. He put Kong's new vigor down to a change in pet food. wheww!

Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted March 24, 2006 11:28      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. What was your first pet as a child? If you didn't have a pet, what pet did you want?
A mongrel terrier which I named Patch. It had a little patch of brown above one eye. I was only six years old and I thought the choice of name was inspired.

Pedigrees are nice to look at, but I think some breeds are too extreme in the refinements of the body features, leading to health issues for the animals. Therefore, mongrels win for me.

Neither. We have four cats, and a 'mutual understanding' has been reached between the cats and the humans.

We considered rats for a while, but decided that they are too high maintenance. When we retire we may get a couple of Basset hounds, to be named Shirley (Shirley Basset, geddit.) and Colston (Colston Basset, where the Stilton comes from).

One of the local bikers got bitten by a pet snake. He went to his doctor to get the bite treated. He was not impressed when the doctor's reaction was something like: "Woah - can I take a photo of that?"

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted March 24, 2006 12:21      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A German Sheep Dog named Harley. I still have him today. 15 yo

Pedigree, I guess. I love my German Rots and pure-bred Pits

My cat thinks she does. I dont argue.

Ever since my last Rot was put to sleep, I have wanted another, but haven't had a place where I could keep one.

Harley likes to hump the grass.

toobe

Member # 3783

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2006 12:36      Profile for toobe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A cockapoo named Bo. My dad brought him home for me when I was 3 weeks old. My uncle named him Bo after Bo Duke. Little bastard is deaf, blind, and arthritic, but still kicking!

Pound, all the way. There's some purebreds out there that are really neat dogs, but I've found that mutts are healthier and have a better disposition.

The cat. I keep trying to convince him that I'm the boss, but he begs to differ.

I have a cat, a fish, and some sea monkeys. And some rabid dust bunnies, but we don't talk about them. I really want a dog.

My cat's afraid of his own farts. Whenever he lets one loose, he'll jump a mile and glare at the invisible monster that nipped his butt.

--------------------
Studies show reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it.

Posts: 175 | From: Victoria, BC | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2006 12:37      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. I was born into a family with a cat, so yeah, Boz was the coolest cat ever.
2. Either, we had a mutt named Duke when I was about eight and I loved him to peices. I've got a St. Bernard now and am just as, if not more fond of him.
3. My mom actually, neither the animals or I have any say.
4. I want a Neopolitan Mastiff, the are the cutest dogs ever!
5. My cat Oscar is a bit dumb some days, this one time I was sitting in the recliner that we have and I don't usually put the leg-rest all the way up. Being the intelligent cat he is, he jumped onto the leg-rest, fell off, and then proceeded to look at me as if I'd done something wrong.

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2006 12:55      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

My first pet would have been a schnauzer named nicky. That didn't last long at all. He ran away (well, that's what my parents tell me.)

Pound.

Little bit of both. My pets usually get free reign, but have boundaries, but they can push me around pretty easily... I don't have any pets now.. unless you count Rowan. [Wink]

None now, but in the next year or two, I'm going to get a dog. I miss having a dog.

A few. My #1 favourite would probably be the time my black lab, Jack protected me from getting mugged.

It went down like this:

I was walking him in the middle of the night.. I'd already returned home from work, and like many people do, I'd dumped the contents of my pockets onto my desk already.. so my pockets were completely empty.. no money, wallet, nothing.

Jack, my black lab, needed to be walked. I was about 17 at the time.

I never took him on a leash, he was a wonderfully behaved dog.

I was walking him down the opposite side of the road from my parent's complex.. it's along the side of a sound barrier from the city highway..

A guy walks up to me, no older than about 25.. says, "you got any money?".

I say, "no."

He goes, "you're lying, do you wanna get cut?"

He pulls a knife from his coat pocket and shows it to me.

I say, "I'm serious. I dumped everything from my pockets on my desk when I got home from work hours ago."

He says, 'I think you're lying..' and begins walking towards me.

Jack, notices all of this transpiring, while taking his piss off in the bushes.

He trots over in front of me, sits down in front of me, facing the would-be mugger, and begins to let out a low growl I'd never heard before, and never heard again.

The guy started backing away slowly, Jack didn't move.

The guy turned and started walking away rather briskly, still, Jack didn't move.

Once the guy was about 30 feet away, he started running off.

Jack waited until he was a good 3-400 feet away, and went back to doing his business as if it didn't happen.

I praised the hell out of him, and that night, he ate more coldcuts and various food I found in the fridge than any dog had ever eaten before, I'm sure.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Daniélín Aine
Mini Geek
Member # 4894

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2006 16:35      Profile for Daniélín Aine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. What was your first pet as a child?
Growing up, our first pets was an aquarium of fish (we gave them away, at some point).

After that, we had a couple of cats (not at the same time), we had a ring-neck dove, a cockatil and we perodically had hampsters.

I didn't get the question right away. Well, the fish were from a fish store. The birds were from a vet that was a friend of the family, I think. Hampsters were from the pet secion of a dime store. All our cats have been in need of a home when we got them... I think.

Grey Cat (don't know it's name anymore): Don't remember this one... Except that it loved water, and eventually drown in the pool when it got out... We keep our cats as house cats, but this one was an escape artist.

Marty: Had it till I was about 4 or 5. Don't remember how he ended up ours. I think we got him following the death of the grey cat. He'd let us kids litterally use him like a pillow, and he'd just purr. He was an ally cat at some point, and never got in the habit of using the box... We had to give him away b/c of this.

Thai: My grandmother got Thai when I was young. She was a pedigree show cat (full saimees (sp?)). Her nose wasn't just right so the breeder gave her to my Grandmother. She started out the most frightened little thing. Well, when I was starting highschool, my grandmother gave her to us, as they got a dog that just terrorized her. She was our cat for all of my highschool carreer. She was VERY old, and it started to show. She couldn't do the steps to get to the litter box, so we put one on every floor (side-by-side we were renting were 2 stories with private basement). Soon, she wasn't able to control her blatter, we took her to the vet. Everytime before, that we'd taken her to the vet, they couldn't believe how old she was... We had to have her put down.

Tink does.

Tink: A year or so before we put Thai down. I was dating DA, and she was at a friend of her mothers(?). Anyway, they had a cat they let roam the neighborhood, and well, it wasn't nutered and had a liter. The dad threatened the daughter (who's cat it was) that if she didn't find homes for them, he'd drown them all. Well, DA took one. When she'd gotten down visiting her mom, she went home to her dad's, with her cat (sneaking it in). It didn't take long for her dad to find out about it, and told her she couldn't keep it. Well, she called me and asked if we'd keep it a little while, untill she can find a home for it. We found a home for the rest of the litter, but we kept Tink. Tink is now my Cat, or more correctly, I am now her human. When me and DA broke up a few years ago, I kept Tink. Tink is like Macavity, from TS Elliot's "Opposum's Guide to Practical Cats", you hear a loud crash from the other room. You go into the room, and there is nothing out of place, and guilty looking parties in the area... But you KNOW it was Tink.

One of the other cats in the litter was a boy, with the same white hair as tink, but with blue eyes. My mother liked this cat, but we'd already arranged a home for them -- and she didn't want another cat (as we still had 2 at the time (Tink and Thai)). My mother commented to DA's mom, at point in the transporting of the rest of the litter, that she'd like to know if there is another litter and there is a girl cat with white fur and blue eyes.

Tizzy: Well, shotly after Thai was put down. There was another litter. Instead of calling and asking if my mother still wanted the cat; DA's mom informed my mother that she "[has] your cat", and that she can "come and pick it up, tonight". Well, my mom did... It peed on her (young kitten, and very scared at all the moving arround) upon first sight, and it's been love ever since. Tizzy is attention hore. You call any of the pets, Tizzy goes "Hey, they want a pet... I'm a pet..." Someone walks in the door, stranger or not (as long as it's not a little kid), and Tizzy acts like she has never been petted (even if she just got done being petted/brushed/pampered). In fact, the best way to cal Tizzy is to pet the air about her hight, and say reatedly "nice, kitty." She'll get jelous of the imaginary cat your petting, and run under your hand.

The Beast, a.k.a. Chance: My mother always wanted a dog. So she got one. I don't like dogs, but as far as they go, Chance is pretty nice.

Thai would sleep on top of the fridge, because it's warm up there. She sometimes, rarely, leap onto your shoulders from there, to get petted. One time she landed on the head (instead of shulder) of an ex-girlfreind of mine.

The vet that spade and declawed, (I know, I know, but we lived in an appartment, and if Tink was to stay with us, she had to) Tink didn't put a cone on her, and used staples instead of stitches. Well, Tink managed to pull a few out, and the wound was beging to open. We took her to emergency care, who patched her up the right way. Since then, Tink licks all the hair off her belly. We asked her new vet about it, and after checking her out, said jokingly that she just has O.C.D.

Tizzy peed on my mother when they first meet.

Tink set her tail on fire once... There was a candle on the stove. Tink got curious, and when she got to close for our liking, we yelled at her to get away... When she was caught doing something wrong, and we yelled at her, she used to always run away... Well she did, but when she turned to run, her tail passed through the flame. She didn't realize it, and we luckly caught her before she was burned (just her fur) or could set the house on fire. She, now, doesn't go candles... "They're bad things."

Tink used to have a curiosity about out side. We cured her of it, by picking her up and taking outside in a thunderstorm with torrential downfall.... "Outside is bad... it's wet out there, and water is bad."

Chance is angry at his own shaddow. When he notices it on the ground, he'll sometimes bark and growl at it. In fact, shadows in general. Other dogs are fine... Shadows, though, you need to watch out for.

Tink and Tizzy like pizza and buffalo wings... and they will do almost anything to get it. They work together, they use simple tools, they build complex machines, they tip over the garbage (Pizza and/or wings are about the only thing they'll do this for).

Tizzy will beg, not because she wants what you have (if you give her any human food, she generally won't eat it), but she begs because Tink is begging. Tinks likes people food, and often gets a tiny-tiny bite of what we're eating. If you give the same bite to Tizzy, she'll snub it.

--------------------
"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 96 | From: The resturant at the end of the universe | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2006 16:38      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ That was me, not DA ^

DA posted from my computer the other night, and I didn't realize it until it was too late that I still had her cookie.

--------------------
My Site

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Daniélín Aine
Mini Geek
Member # 4894

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2006 17:41      Profile for Daniélín Aine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I read this thread I was surprized to find I'd already posted to it! GM accidently used my account. This is really me now. [Big Grin]

I don't really remember which pet was first. We always had Alaskan Malamutes when I was little because my Dad bred them. They were so cute, fuzzy and fun to play with. We also had at least one cat, some rabbits, a hamster and some fish.

I'm a pound person all the way. All of the animals we've ever had (with the exception of my Dad's Malamutes & fish) were given to us or came from the Humane society. You'd be surprised to know that A LOT of purebred animals end up at the Humane society if you want one. There's a special cat rescue here that only deals with purebreds. They get a lot of Himalayans and Persians because people don't realize how much work they are. They think... Oohh... Cute little fuzzball! Unfortunately cute little fuzzball turns into massive hairball and they decide they don't want it anymore.

My cats rule my house. Sometimes they take over my bed I have to move all of them in order to lay down.

I currently have three cats. (I know it's a lot but I love them.)

Tigger: I got Tiggy when I lived in Colorado. He's the most well traveled cat I know. He's been on many cross-country car trips and one plane trip. The funniest thing about him is that he thinks he's human. When you yell at him for being bad he gives you a dirty look.

Zoe: She is my pretty Siamese that I got from the purebred rescue. She was meant as a companion for Tigger. Most Siamese are loud but she hardly meows at all. She had a rough start as a kitten and is still very skiddish.

Katie: There was an almost year and a half time period where Tigger had to go live with my Mom in Colorado. She decided that she was going to keep him and I got depressed and took a trip to the Humane society. (Bad idea when you're depressed) When Katie was handed to me she crawled up on my shoulder and began to purr. I couldn't leave her there after that... She picked me.

When I was little my Dad built me a beautiful wooden sled for Christmas. He decided that the dogs should take me for a ride. We got out to the alley and my Dad hitched up the dogs. (Alaskan Malamutes are sled dogs... For those who don't know.) I hopped in the sled prepared for an exciting ride. The dogs looked at my Dad like,"Are you kidding?" They then proceded to lay down in the snow.

We had one litter of puppies that decided to break out of the yard. They dug a hole under the fence and unbeknownst to my Mom began walking down the street. My best friend's Mom called her about the puppy break out and they took her car, slowly drove down the street and scooped up each puppy individually and put them into the car. The puppies then proceeded to poop in her new car.

I think it's the funniest thing when I scold Katie for being bad and she meows back at me like she's saying, "I'm not doing anything!"

-
Tigger looking crabby
 -
Katie looking serious
 -
Zoe being shy

--------------------
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 96 | From: The resturant at the end of the universe | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chesty
Assimilated
Member # 2460

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2006 19:15      Profile for Chesty         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. I had a goat , a Doberman and a Quarterhorse when I was 4.

2. Pound person = I have had a total of 7 pound puppies over the years, three now.

3. I am Alpha Male - much to the consternation of my wife.

4. I have Reese:

-

Skittles:

-

and Maddie:

-

5. The Black Stallion. I don't know if it is a "pet" story - As the Boy and The Black are merely two souls put together by chance thatform a lasting friendship.
I never view the animals I live with as pets - GOD's creatures to love and care for - but not a possession, not even cattle. Legally I know that they are, but I have had a personal relationship with every cow,pig or chicken that I have raised and never considered even them just a possession.

Posts: 416 | From: The Beach | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2006 20:51      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) I had a fish. I don't remember it's name, but I cried so hard when it died that my parents got me some new fish and a hamster. The hamster's name was Jill. She had a mate named Jack. The pet store gave us free hamster food in excahge for the babies. I can't remember how many litters we had, but every single baby hamster born in my house got loose at least once before it was separated from its mom. Fortunately, baby hamsters aren't very learned in the ways of running loose and I almost always found them huddled in the closet within a couple hours of them getting lost.

I have such a forebearing mother. The hamsters got loose routinely, and she never complained. My dad just thought it was funny.

2) Pound I guess.

3) The guinea pigs and the humans are currently carrying out bilateral negotiations.

4) I have a guinea pig. I want a cat and a great big black dog. I had a lab when I was a kid, and I miss him.

One day, I'll have a house witha big yard and then I can have another big black dog.

5) Hmmm. I had some lovely times wandering the woods with my dog, but no great stories to come of it. Probably the best pet story I ever heard was about cat that was trained to call 911. The cat's owner's response when the rescue came: "I didn't know it would work."

Dnm's got a good story too.

As far as my own pets goes, well, somehow or other my dad got his hands on a long tube of very sturdy cardboard. It was just the perfect size for a hamster to get wedged in. Being curious little critters, it was no issue getting the hamster in. Getting it out, however, could be troublesome. However, if you blew on the end the hamster would come shooting out, looking slightly ruffled but otherwise unharmed. We never actually used hamsters as projectiles with this thing; the end the hamster came out was always placed level with a pair of hands or a soft surface. We called it the hamster gun. The novelty wore off pretty wuick, but we kept it around because it proved to be very useful in retrieving hamsters that had escaped and hidden in inaccessible corners. You just laid the tube down, waited, and eventually the hamster couldn't stand it anymore and just had to find out what this new thing was and crawled on in. You can fill in the rest.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
mephisto

Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 25, 2006 07:58      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniélín Aine:

-
Zoe being shy

I am not a cat person. Never have been. They seem to hate me. Dogs on the other hand love me. But, I must say, that cat to me looks a little evil-ish. Methinks I need a cat like that [Smile]

--------------------
"Liberate tutame exinferis."

Erbo
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2006 10:27            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Believe it or not, the first pet my family ever got was a California desert tortoise. At the time, some of us had allergies to ordinary pets, so the tortoise was the way to go. His name is Homer, and my parents still have him; tortoises are long-lived. (Yes, you need a permit to keep one, as they are an endangered species. My parents have all the paperwork, and Homer has a "license plate" stuck inside the rim of his shell.) They have several other tortoises now, too, including a couple that are Homer's children; getting live hatchlings from tortoises in captivity isn't the easiest thing to do, but my father managed.

Pound is OK; both our cats came from the Denver Dumb Friends League, which is just down the street from us. On the other hand, Jeff, the author I know from the Springs, went the pedigree route for his current bichon frise; the dog's full name is "Deja Vu's Quantum Bit," but he's "QBit" for short. (QBit is a sweet little guy, though rambunctious.)

Oh, the cats are in charge, there's no doubt about that. [Smile] In fact, as I was typing this, Maui came in and meowed at me, as he wanted to play "follow the leader." Star would just jump up on my lap. (And now Maui's back again...)

Everyone's probably seen this picture of our babies:

-

That's Star on the left (in the foreground), and Maui on the right.

If Pamela could, she'd have a dog, like a golden retriever. But one of those is just too much for an apartment, and we're at our pet "quota" anyway.

Back when I was in high school, it was my job to take care of the "critters" each morning before going to school, which included, at that time, Homer, a rabbit (Thumpkin), and a sparrow-hawk (Gabriel--how we had him is another story entirely). Well, as I came over to the tortoise pen one morning, I saw a tortoise next to the pen, and thought Homer had managed to get out. I picked him up...and knew right away that wasn't Homer. He had yellow eyes, for one thing, while Homer's eyes were brown. I looked inside the "house" in Homer's pen; Homer was sleeping peacefully inside. So I went back inside and told my parents, "We have a visitor!"

We wound up keeping him, and naming him "Jedediah." Jed got his own pen next to Homer's, as the two of them would fight if put together. Eventually, Jed contracted tortoise pneumonia (sometimes referred to as "bubbly nose") and, despite my father's best efforts, died. As a last little tribute, Jed got an obituary of sorts in the Los Angeles Times. (It was the San Diego County edition, and it was probably due to the fact that my father was City Manager of Poway at the time, and it made a cute story. The story ended with a quote from Dad: "Oh well, that's life in the fast lane.")

IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 25, 2006 11:22      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
D-M loved alll the pet pictures! She got all excited as we scrolled down the responses.
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2006 13:11      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a pet gerbil when I was three years old; his name was Dandelion and he lived for two years before the cat got him.

Most of my pets have been rescues, but purebred rescues. Over the years, my folks have rescued two Maine Coon (hypoallergenic, you see) and a pug. We've never gone to a breeder; they're too expensive.

Me, though now that my folks have the dog all to themselves, she's spoilt rotten.

I've got a young female spotted python named Sif.

Yeah. I went to Boston Tropical, which hosts a lot of the New England Herpetological Rescue animals, the day after I'd left my most recent ex; he'd cheated on me multiple times, and with one of my closest friends, as well. Said friend was snakesitting at the time, while I was moving out of my dormitory, and lost my albino corn snake, Gunnar, by leaving the tank lid open. I was feeling pretty isolated and miserable, and I had an empty tank, so I shuffled into the store and spoke with the clerk. He asked me if I was okay, and how Gunnar was doing, and I explained to him what'd happened...he took me by the arm and said, "You need a hug, don't you? I've got a clutch of baby pythons, and they're constrictors!"

I thought it was touching, at least. [Big Grin]

Daniélín Aine
Mini Geek
Member # 4894

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 25, 2006 13:42      Profile for Daniélín Aine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mephisto:
quote:
Originally posted by Daniélín Aine:

-
Zoe being shy

I am not a cat person. Never have been. They seem to hate me. Dogs on the other hand love me. But, I must say, that cat to me looks a little evil-ish. Methinks I need a cat like that [Smile]
She might look a little evil in the picture but she's really the tamest cat I've ever had. Now, if you want a cat with an attitude you need Tigger. If you talk to him he meows back. [Big Grin]
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2006 16:39      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a bit self-indulgent, as I have posted similar cat pics before, nonetheless I would like to introduce you once again to the ladies:

Bramble and Rowan...
 -

Travis....
 -

and, of course, the delightful Bailey...

-

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 25, 2006 19:53      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehe... I love that shot of Bailey! [Smile] Such an unconventional posture! [Applause]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
The real Stealth
Geek
Member # 4615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 25, 2006 20:29      Profile for The real Stealth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. What was your first pet as a child? A cat, dont ask what breed cause I really dont know, named Gizmo

2. Are you a pedigree or a pound person? Pound

3. Who rules your house, the pet or you? Me

4. What pet do you have now or would you want? Rotwieller if i had my own

5. Do you have a favourite story about a pet? yea but I cant tell it right now.

--------------------
The one and only "§†eal†h the Fallen One"...Between Your life And mine are Three realities, Yours, The real one, and Mine. They they form a bridge shapped in the letters D-O-_-N-O-T-_-C-R-O-S-S.

Posts: 141 | From: Battle Creek, MI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
mephisto

Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 25, 2006 23:17      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grummash:

-

Another cat I like. With the claws and all. I want a cat now.
Will go to the pound and get an evil assed cat or a doberman when I'm back in Toronto.
I think i need a pet [Smile]

--------------------
"Liberate tutame exinferis."

Daniélín Aine
Mini Geek
Member # 4894

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 26, 2006 07:13      Profile for Daniélín Aine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grummash:

I LOVE that picture! I have one of Katie where I caught her mid-yawn.

All of your kitties are cute, though. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Abraham Lincoln

ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2006 11:26      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

My first family pet was a mixed mutt named Coke, but the first pet that was all mine was the girl down the street. She used to let me do anything I wanted and she really liked pretending she was my pet. If only back then I was mature enough to give her some Scooby snacks.

I really don't care about a person's upbringing, I'll make anyone my pet. I do have an issue with pounds though, too much or too little can be hard to ignore. So far though, I haven't passed up anyone based on how heavy they were.

Me of course, I'm not about to allow someone else run things. If I did, how could I call myself master?

Right now I have a mixed cat that showed up on my doorstep one night and needed a place to stay. I think the poor thing is missing a few cylinders but that fits in good with my shortcomings. I also have a little ponygirl up in Canada that I see from time to time. She's a real blast, and she's very naughty. I'm still looking for a full time pet though, so don't be afraid to send in your resume.

I once made my ponygirl clean the entire bathroom before I let her spend the night and go out to the dungeon. I have to say though, she did and excellent job. She was very well rewarded for her efforts.

--------------------
Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two makes four. If that is granted, all else follows.~~Winston Smith

Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture