homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » What would happen if Microsoft had designed the iPod?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What would happen if Microsoft had designed the iPod?
SilverBlade
Alpha Geek
Member # 3541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 16, 2006 02:24      Profile for SilverBlade   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lets Redesign the Box

[Big Grin] Me likies.

--------------------
http://www.silver-blade.net

Posts: 303 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
ChildeRoland
Alpha Geek
Member # 3880

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 16, 2006 04:51      Profile for ChildeRoland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This has been posted before (in the joke bank where it belongs - http://www.geekculture.com/ultimatebb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=13;t=001196#000000)

--------------------
=====================
Childe Roland

canadiangeek
Geek
Member # 4946

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 16, 2006 05:01      Profile for canadiangeek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
see, you got my hopes up - I've already seen the video for redesigning the box (and loved it), and thought that the creator made a second video about the ipod itself.

If you're in the mood for a funny one, google "ipod flea"

--------------------
-whenever you build something that's idiotproof, someone comes out with a better idiot-

Posts: 161 | From: Nova Scotia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 16, 2006 05:39      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And apparently the video was actually made my MS, according to this:http://www.ipodobserver.com/story/25957
quote:

"It was an internal-only video clip commissioned by our packaging [team] to humorously highlight the challenges we have faced RE: packaging and to educate marketers here about the pitfalls of packaging/branding,"

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 16, 2006 06:24      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good stuff SilverBlade. [thumbsup]

First time I've seen it, thanks for sharing. [Cool]

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
merr
Geek
Member # 2193

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 16, 2006 07:50      Profile for merr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. I've read several reports saying that Microsoft made the video to demonstrate the major differences between their packaging and everyone else's way (read: the correct way). I do wonder, though, how it got onto the internet and how they feel about it being out there.

--------------------
"I wish they made a vending machine that sold vending machines... it would have to be real f*cking big!" -Mitch Hedberg

Posts: 179 | From: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 16, 2006 09:49      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by littlefish:
And apparently the video was actually made my MS, according to this: http://www.ipodobserver.com/story/25957

It's also a lot of fun to read the comments, and to see that some people will launch a MS vs. Apple flame war no matter the original subject.

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 16, 2006 12:34      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to say that I do like Apples packaging techniques, Microsoft's are just too busy, it's like an all out assault on your optic nerves sometimes.

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture