homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Chocolate (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Chocolate
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted March 14, 2006 21:53      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I mean, I've seen chocolate bunnies and chocolate eggs...

But a chocolate fax machine?

They also have more assorted goodies on that page, including a chocolate cell phone, a chocolate cowboy hat, a chocolate gym locker, and a chocolate electrical socket.

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 14, 2006 22:59      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Years ago (about 1980) my parents gave me a chocolate 35mm camera, looks like they sell the same one.
Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted March 15, 2006 00:10      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amis tsk tsk tsk .

These are just gimmicks made by chocolate companies that don't know how to make good chocolate. It doesn't matter what shape the chocolate it in, it depends on how it tastes. This is what americans have to do to sell thier sub-standard chocolate.

disclaimer: I'm american

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2006 02:09      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
These are just gimmicks made by chocolate companies that don't know how to make good chocolate. It doesn't matter what shape the chocolate it in, it depends on how it tastes. This is what americans have to do to sell thier sub-standard chocolate.

Actually, the only reason I had heard about this company is because at a recent competition that I attended, one of the prizes in our goody bag for getting 2nd place was a piece of seashell chocolate. The chocolate is actually quite good.

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2006 02:27      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Trufettes de France. Team Six at Clipper had them over Christmastime. Man, were they decadent!!!

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2006 13:07      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Amis tsk tsk tsk .

disclaimer: I'm american

No disclaimer needed IMO. I completely agree.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
merr
Geek
Member # 2193

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2006 13:29      Profile for merr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure it's a hunk of chocolate shaped like a fax machine... but, the question is: Can they make one that I can actually use to correspond w/ someone? I would so totally buy one. [crazy]

--------------------
"I wish they made a vending machine that sold vending machines... it would have to be real f*cking big!" -Mitch Hedberg

Posts: 179 | From: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2006 13:33      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want a chocolate e-mail...

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted March 15, 2006 13:58      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trivia... during the early years of Geekculture.com, Nitro and I used to sell "Coco the Chocolate Computer"...

-

here's the text to the manual...

This manual describes the installation and operating procedures for Coco the Chocolate Computer.

Requirements for using this product
Coco is a cross-platform product. Users of any operating system will find Coco performs to their great satisfaction. However, to perform most effectively, Coco requires chocolate-compatible taste buds.

Introduction:
Congratulations on your purchase of Coco the Chocolate Computer! Coco is the ultimate in chocolate-shaped technology. We are sure you will enjoy your Coco, and we would like to thank you for giving Coco a good home, (even if for a short while).

WARNING:
Geek Culture assumes no liability for any tummy aches or sugar rushes caused directly or indirectly through improper pigging out on Coco or other indulging activities. If you do not trust yourself being alone with dear sweet Coco, we suggest you always open Coco with a friend.

Instructions:
Step 1: Carefully remove Coco from his groovy cello packaging.
Step 2: Say “hello” to Coco, and introduce him to any of your friends.
Step 3: Connect the desired part of Coco to your taste buds.
Step 4: Using your teeth, break Coco into smaller, delicious little chunks.
Step 5: Savour Coco’s sweet chocolately taste, then swallow, sending Coco to his new home in your tummy.

Remember, Coco may have a sweet, short life, but there are always more Coco’s where he came from!

Troubleshooting Tips:
Q. I can’t decide which part of Coco to eat first, the keyboard or the monitor. Any suggestions?
A. Traditionally, most geeks start with the keyboard. It is bite-sized and ready for eating. Some geeks however, love to gnaw away on the chocolately monitor first, saving the keyboard to eat as a snack later. There’s really no wrong way to eat Coco!

Q.While eating Coco, I get an overwhelming desire to drink milk. Am I crazy?
A. No, not at all. It is very likely that Coco is planting this desire into your subconscious. You see, Coco loves milk! In fact, he uses it to help him slide down into your tummy.

Q. My Coco doesn’t dance around like the animated GIF on your website. Is my Coco broken, or does he require some kind of training?
A. No, he’s not the one that is broken. Usually Coco is tired after his long journey to you, and may not feel up to dancing about. We suggest you eat him.

Q. Coco seems to have disappeared! We only just got him a few minutes ago, now all that is left is tiny little chocolate crumbs! What gives?
A.Your Coco, like many others before him, was a victim of Pigged-out-on-Coco-itis. Don’t be alarmed, this is a very common occurrence, and each Coco is carefully prepared and trained since birth to expect this situation. There is no need to grieve for your lost Coco. Coco has served with honor, and he is now in a much better place.

Technical Support:
Each Coco is backed by a large, professionally trained team of chocolate computer technical support staff. If you have any questions or comments about Coco, please email them to .....

Specifications:
Coco comes with a lifetime warrantee (Coco’s lifetime).
Coco is made from pure milk chocolate, but he may have been in contact with nuts. If you have any allergies to nuts or nut products, do not eat Coco.

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Flashfire
Assimilated
Member # 2616

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2006 14:30      Profile for Flashfire   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
Trivia... during the early years of Geekculture.com, Nitro and I used to sell "Coco the Chocolate Computer"...

-

Wow, why don't you still sell 'em? I'd buy one, if only for the manual. [Big Grin]

In other news, if you want a truly unique chocolate something, I've heard of chocolatiers offering to sculpt a bust of a client's head...

Unfortunately, I can't seem to track down any sort of link to substantiate this. Maybe it's only offered by web-phobic luddites. [Frown]

--------------------
"No silicon heaven? That's absurd!
Where would all the calculators go?"
--Kryten, Red Dwarf
-------------------------------
My Web Comic: NSTA: Semper Vigilantis

Posts: 368 | From: State of Denial | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kachup

SuperFan!
Member # 1755

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted March 17, 2006 07:48      Profile for Kachup   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, a chocolate bust? I'd sooo buy that! Whose? [Big Grin]

--------------------
-=: Kachup :=-

Posts: 8 | From: Dayton, Ohio | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 17, 2006 09:27      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
In other news, if you want a truly unique chocolate something, I've heard of chocolatiers offering to sculpt a bust of a client's head...
Whenever I hear the word chocolatiers, I always think I heard chocolate ears.

I suppose a chocolate head would have chocolate ears though.

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
cheryl
Mini Geek
Member # 4566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2006 01:08      Profile for cheryl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know of a chocolate champagne bottle, But Unfortunatly i doubt they use alcohol on the recipie [Big Grin] (damn).
God this is making me hungry,
GIMME CHOCOLATE!!!

--------------------
dont bother running, you'll only die tired!

Posts: 65 | From: 3rd planet from the sun | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2006 02:04      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cheryl:
I know of a chocolate champagne bottle, But Unfortunatly i doubt they use alcohol on the recipie [Big Grin] (damn).
GIMME CHOCOLATE!!!

That is one of the great swiss chocolate inventions that has not caught on in america. Chocolate filled with alcohol. Usually it's cherry schnapps (Kirsch) , but baileys, whiskey, rum, and many other s are also readily avialable most anywhere in the country. I have even seen chocolate schnapps.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2006 04:36      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here in the UK, there is a company called Green & Black's , which makes the most amazingly delicious chocolate. Best part is that it's fairly traded (and organic). I just indulged in a bar of their dark chocolate with whole cherries, and yes, I'm in complete heaven. Highly recommended [Big Grin] .

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2006 08:06      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by skylar:
Here in the UK, there is a company called Green & Black's , which makes the most amazingly delicious chocolate. Best part is that it's fairly traded (and organic). I just indulged in a bar of their dark chocolate with whole cherries, and yes, I'm in complete heaven. Highly recommended [Big Grin] .

Ah, Skylar... Don't tell everyone, there won't be enough to go round [Wink]

Mine is raisin & hazelnut, yummy!!

links for anyone interested:
http://www.greenandblacks.com/

Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2006 08:34      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
GIMME CHOCOLATE!!!

That is one of the great swiss chocolate inventions that has not caught on in america. Chocolate filled with alcohol. Usually it's cherry schnapps (Kirsch) , but baileys, whiskey, rum, and many other s are also readily avialable most anywhere in the country. I have even seen chocolate schnapps.
I'm not sure we're allowed to have that here. We've got some weird liquor laws. I can't imagine that people wouldn't like them.

A friend gave me a box of Belgian chocolates for my birthday. Yum!

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 14 posted March 21, 2006 09:03      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cognac-filled chocolates - mmm mmm good!
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2006 09:41      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by skylar:

I don't know whether you were aware of this but the company was bought out last year by Cadbury Schweppes. I hope they give them enough autonomy so that they maintain the standard of their product and their business ethics, but I am not over optimistic.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2006 10:15      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My new favorite chocolate is a milk chocolate and hazelnut Ritter Sport. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2006 10:35      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
My new favorite chocolate is a milk chocolate and hazelnut Ritter Sport. [Big Grin]

That stuff's nasty.

But I'll never understand why they call a chocolate product 'sport'.

It's like the minivans called 'sport.' You're not kidding anybody.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2006 10:43      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
GIMME CHOCOLATE!!!

I've had several varieties of those. They are pretty good, but unfortunately, hard to find. I have seen some varieties for sale over the counter in a few candy stores, since the overall alcohol content is so low you'd go into a diabetic coma before getting drunk. [Wink]

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2006 11:09      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sxeptomaniac:
quote:
quote:
GIMME CHOCOLATE!!!

I've had several varieties of those. They are pretty good, but unfortunately, hard to find. I have seen some varieties for sale over the counter in a few candy stores, since the overall alcohol content is so low you'd go into a diabetic coma before getting drunk. [Wink]
The ones I like over here contain about half an ounce of hard alcohol each. half a dozen and you are feel ing pretty good. the full dozen and you can't walk any more. ( a shot is about 1 ounce)

--------------------

-Assif Mandvi

Daniélín Aine
Mini Geek
Member # 4894

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2006 15:36      Profile for Daniélín Aine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about chocolate covered marzipan? Has anyone else tried it? I LOVE the stuff but unfortunately it's difficult to find in the States.

--------------------
"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 96 | From: The resturant at the end of the universe | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
ARJ
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 157

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2006 21:45      Profile for ARJ   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniélín Aine:
What about chocolate covered marzipan? Has anyone else tried it? I LOVE the stuff but unfortunately it's difficult to find in the States.

If you're not opposed to See's Candies, they've got 'em. They do mail order and a 1lb custom mix box of marzipan chocolates is less than $20. Not sure what they charge for shipping.

Is it obvious that I like See's? [blush]

--------------------
Katie West: Well done steak? Really?

Warren Ellis: Yes. Because MAN COOK MEAT WITH FIRE UNTIL IT NO CRY ANY MORE THEN EAT IT DEAD

Posts: 1197 | From: Sydney, NSW, AU | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture