homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » and so it finially happens (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: and so it finially happens
littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2006 01:45      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2006 06:07      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Gotcherself a hottie there, Jace. You might want to post an armed guard around her, with you as its leader. [Big Grin] (Nice Pix)

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2006 06:48      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations, bro!

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2006 06:52      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats, Jace! [thumbsup] [Cool]

First person that came to mind when I saw the pictures was Rachael Leigh Cook.

++hot [Smile]

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2006 07:56      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's not to say they are NSFW, but NSFshoulderSurfing.

From the quick glimpse I got...phwoar.

You lucky man, you!

Congratulations Jace! [Big Grin]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2006 08:09      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so happy for you. I wish you both the best!!!!!!
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2006 11:54      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
About.com said:
Why are so many people against young married love? Because it is believed that more than 1/2 who marry in their teens will be divorced within 15 years. That is a pretty sobering statistic.

Additionally, according to the Center for Law and Social Policy, "Compared to girls who marry later, teenage brides have less schooling, less independence,and less experience of life and work." Teen brides are also at more risk for being abused and living at poverty levels.

Good luck. [Big Grin]
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2006 12:04      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muy Caliente! *Drool*

Congratulations man... when and where is the weddin!!! [Beard of Peter Gabriel!] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted March 15, 2006 13:21      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
holy geek hottie TTB!!! whoa! What a BABE!

not that appearance matters or anything. [Razz]

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
merr
Geek
Member # 2193

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2006 13:36      Profile for merr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cute girl! I am filled with jealousy. [Wink]

...oh yeah, and congrats. [Razz]

--------------------
"I wish they made a vending machine that sold vending machines... it would have to be real f*cking big!" -Mitch Hedberg

Posts: 179 | From: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Flashfire
Assimilated
Member # 2616

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted March 15, 2006 14:37      Profile for Flashfire   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulation, Jace! You'll have to keep us updated as the big day gets closer. And, of course, invite us all to the ceremony. [evil]

Seriously, though, I wish you two many, many years of happiness. [Applause]

--------------------
"No silicon heaven? That's absurd!
Where would all the calculators go?"
--Kryten, Red Dwarf
-------------------------------
My Web Comic: NSTA: Semper Vigilantis

Posts: 368 | From: State of Denial | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
RScottV

SuperFan!
Member # 3540

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2006 16:14      Profile for RScottV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats JR.

Best wishes for a wonderful life together.

Posts: 211 | From: Saint Paul, MN | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted March 15, 2006 18:31      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Jace. All the best to you both. She looks a complete sweetie pie! [Applause] [Applause]

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
mephisto-back
Newbie Larva
Member # 4982

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2006 21:38      Profile for mephisto-back     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yay for jace. Congratumalations. I remember my first engagement. And I would like to say some "old man words of wisdom",
1. Be nice to her. just cuz she wears a ring doesn't mean you can do as you please. Be nicer to her than ever before. Good women are the hardest to find. To this day, I miss mine. Forgiveness of course is impossible. I was an ass. Don't be like me.
2. It takes an incredible amount of effort to live together. It is a huge amount of work and understanding and compromise. The first little while is great but you really have to work on it once the "honeymoon" period of it is over.
3. The seat goes down after. The garbage should get taken out. laundry in the basket, no socks on the floor. And dude, never forget to put away groceries, women spork you in the eye for that stuff.
4. Never, ever, ever let her find the pr0n collection.
5. Remind her you care. maybe once a day. just cuz. it makes life easier.
6. Don't discuss your issues outside. talk them out. venting with friends WILL wreck it... its a gaurantee. (i know, trust me)

These are things i did wrong personally so I like to give advice on them. Its my way of gettin' some good karma on that note....
But, Congratulations. hope y'all keep each other happy for next 80 something and many more years. [Smile]

Posts: 6 | From: india! | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2006 21:55      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd also like to add to mephisto's tips: the dirty pile-clean pile (or dirty side-clean side if you have a divided sink) for your dishes is not going to fly. The clean pile is in the cupboard. The dirty pile should not be allowed to exist. But hopefully the Marines trained you out of such disgusting habits (assuming you even had them...).

She looks like a really fun person Jace!

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2006 22:39      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woo, hot babe !
So, she's a marine as well, eh?

#include <std-joke-about-rubbing-privates-together.h>

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2006 10:18      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, she's also a Marine. We are thinking about the October/November time frame, but nothing is set.
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2006 23:15      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Jace! Congratulations!

We totally need an engaged thread, with AJM and Steph, DNM and Amanda, Rhonnie and Jonathan looking at rings, and now you guys. Going to introduce us to her?

<hijack>
Welcome back, Mephisto.
</hijack>

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Elvermere
Geek
Member # 2456

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted March 17, 2006 05:59      Profile for Elvermere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratz Jace

I hope that you are sharing your whole life with her.....and that means getting her to log on here.

We will tell her what you are REALLY like [Wink]

Really though, it's good to have something in common with you partner, something that you can do together.

Good luck to you both, particularly as you chart the stormy course towards the wedding!

--------------------
Duct Tape is like the force.
It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.

Posts: 113 | From: Perth, West AU | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kachup

SuperFan!
Member # 1755

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 17, 2006 07:25      Profile for Kachup   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations! I'm new around these parts so obviously I don't know many folks here...but an engagement is always worth celebrating! All the best to you both! [Applause]

--------------------
-=: Kachup :=-

Posts: 8 | From: Dayton, Ohio | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2006 22:14      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, this whole "planning a wedding" thingy is difficult.

I always figured it would just be like a big party...

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 18, 2006 20:32      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it is a big party...proceeded by a whole lot of traditional ceremony that requires a preacher, flowers, and fancy clothing.

I did go to one wedding that was pretty much just a really big party, but even then there was flowers and fancy clothing. There was, however, no preacher. The bride and groom had already been married for a year, so this was more of a big event for friends and family, some of whom had to come from overseas. It was, basically, what they would have had if the bride's H1-B application hadn't fallen through and forced the groom to either marry in a hurry or watch his girlfriend go back to France.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture