homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Live action Simpsons

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Live action Simpsons
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 14 posted March 10, 2006 11:12      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Promo for new season.

Somehow this show never gets stale.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 10, 2006 11:21      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw that earlier on video.google I think.

That's one of the coolest things I've *ever* seen in my life.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted March 10, 2006 11:33      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ha , i was just gonna post that. [Big Grin]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=49IDp76kjPw

edit: 5000th POST!

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
MandysRad
Geek
Member # 4871

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted March 10, 2006 12:16      Profile for MandysRad   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone else think that Maggie was just TOOO cute?

I think Marge could've looked more like her character though.

Posts: 110 | From: My mummies basement | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Daniélín Aine
Mini Geek
Member # 4894

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 10, 2006 18:04      Profile for Daniélín Aine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was too cool! They could have looked more Simpson-ish, though.

Thanks for sharing

Posts: 96 | From: The resturant at the end of the universe | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 11, 2006 01:43      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was shot in the UK so it makes sense that marges car has a stearing wheel for driving on the left, but why doesn't Homers??

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted March 11, 2006 14:46      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The location of Springfield is intentionally never specified, so perhaps the differences between the cars is an inside joke about that. Or I could be overanalyzing [Smile]
Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 11, 2006 14:56      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
The location of Springfield is intentionally never specified, so perhaps the differences between the cars is an inside joke about that. Or I could be overanalyzing [Smile]

Um, I'm pretty sure Springfield is in the USA.

Homers steering wheel had to be on the left for the driveway scene to work the same way it does in the cartoon, so they probably just mirrored the image.

The Marge/Maggie scene may be just a continuity error, or a "hey look - we're actually british" nod.

/me is slightly disappointed they didn't find a big blue wig for Marge.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 11, 2006 17:36      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, Bart doesn't kick the radioactive rod off the sidewalk with his skateboard. For that matter, it doesn't clearly get thrown back onto Homer's back.

</geek>

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 12, 2006 00:43      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you look closely, you will see that when Bart is going down the street he passes a policeman and it is definitely a UK copper.

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 12, 2006 10:31      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a little out of the tv circle... is "The Real Life Simpsons" going to air in Britain as an actual series or was this another of the ever burgeoning internet video productions?

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 12, 2006 12:58      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are showing the spot as an ad for sky TV here in the UK. Saw it twice this evening.
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2006 06:02      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure it was Sky who actually comissioned the thing, to be shown as a promo for the next season, hence the obvious UK-ishness of it. Now, however, Matt Groening et al. have gotten wind of it, and are going to use it as the opening to one of the episodes next season.

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture