homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Toothbrushes & Toilets

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Toothbrushes & Toilets
JCrudent66
Geek Larva
Member # 4517

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted March 08, 2006 20:49      Profile for JCrudent66     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard that you should keep your toothbrush at least 6 feet away from your toilet at all times because of the airborne bacteria [Frown] from the toilet? interesting, but true? comments?

--------------------
John

Posts: 24 | From: WITSA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
ChildeRoland
Alpha Geek
Member # 3880

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 08, 2006 21:58      Profile for ChildeRoland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MythBusters did an episode. They said its not true.

--------------------
=====================
Childe Roland

maia
Alpha Geek
Member # 3778

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 08, 2006 21:58      Profile for maia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mythbusters see episode 12

--------------------
Nothing is too petty to be thoroughly discussed.

Posts: 316 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2006 22:15      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JCrudent66:
I've heard that you should keep your toothbrush at least 6 feet away from your toilet at all times because of the airborne bacteria [Frown] from the toilet? interesting, but true? comments?

Dude, lose that not-so-subtle spam sig.
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
JCrudent66
Geek Larva
Member # 4517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 09, 2006 13:24      Profile for JCrudent66     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zesovietrussian:

It's not meant to be spam or to bother anyone. I put the link there asking for people to take a look at the site, and if they decide to, participate in it.

--------------------
John

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 09, 2006 14:57      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uhh, thanks for changing your .sig, but you need to close your first tag:

code:
[url=http://www.somethingURL.com]my url[/url]

Insert a "]" after ".com"

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2006 16:23      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He took out the description but hasn't done anything about the lame referral link. Sneaky little spammer...
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 09, 2006 16:25      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a lot easier to ignore a little link than it is to ignore a huge paragraph. I s'pose we should be grateful.

--------------------

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 09, 2006 17:37      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
Uhh, thanks for changing your .sig, but you need to close your first tag:

Actually, you're somewhat wrong in this case. If he wanted to include text, then yes, that would be right. To just link to a page, one does {url}http://www.google.com{/url} (with square braces instead of curlies)

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 09, 2006 18:39      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I kinda wondered about that, dman. Thanks for clearing it up! [Smile]

--------------------

JCrudent66
Geek Larva
Member # 4517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 09, 2006 20:35      Profile for JCrudent66     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for making me aware of the link...and i'm am truely honest when i say i'm not doing it to "spam", it just seems like a nice deal to get a laptop after 18 referalls...if anyone is really that bothered by the little link, just let me know and i will remove it.

--------------------
John

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 09, 2006 20:47      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don't read too well, do you, Cruddy?

{url}http://www.notebooks4free.com/default.aspx?r=604527{/url}

should be:

code:
[url]http://www.notebooks4free.com/default.aspx?r=604527[/url]

Which really makes me not want to follow your link! (as if I had any inclination to do so from the beginning [Razz] )

--------------------

Alan!
Geek
Member # 1261

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2006 21:16      Profile for Alan!     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JCrudent66:
...if anyone is really that bothered by the little link, just let me know and i will remove it.

quote:
Originally posted by zesovietrussian:

uh....

--------------------
Alan!

Two rabbis, a priest, and an awkward silence after there's no intelligible punch line to this joke, walk into a bar.

Posts: 219 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 10, 2006 11:28      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
You don't read too well, do you, Cruddy?

{url}http://www.notebooks4free.com/default.aspx?r=604527{/url}

Personally I find it quite hilarious. [Smile]

Someone reads my posts!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Thorned0Fortress
Geek
Member # 4435

Icon 1 posted March 10, 2006 21:24      Profile for Thorned0Fortress   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to change the subject, but Myth Busters also did an episode on the 5-second rule that showed the cleanest area in your house.
It was the toilet !

Posts: 235 | From: texas | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 11, 2006 06:28      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
______________Does any one really trust Mythbusters, I have seen and know of several errors in the show however it is interesting to watch these two clowns try to prove or disprove the various myths. The Human body has two very septic areas the one you eat through and the one you set on. When you flush a toilet there are some airborne bateria launched from the water swirl do you want to gamble? Looking for water or water droplets is only part of the question. Look at some of those high speed photo's of a sneeze, I prefer to keep toothbrush and other dental gleaning equipment out of sight and out of high air traffic areas of the bathroom.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture