homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Friday Five - what you thought you'd be (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Friday Five - what you thought you'd be
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 03, 2006 08:47      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stole these from Quiregrrl. I thought they'd be interesting

1. What did you want to be when you grew up?
2. Did you follow through? If not, what happened?
3. Is your life turning out the way you thought it would when you were a kid?If not, is it better or worse?
4. Paradoxes aside, if you could time-travel back to when you were 10 years old, what would you tell your 10-year-old self?
5. Do you think the child you were, would like the adult you've become?

Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted March 03, 2006 09:07      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like Quincy on the '70s TV show. A forensic medical examiner. I have a morbid facination with the human body, death etc. I love taking things apart, fixing things....either that or a serial killer.

No. The schooling seemed too daunting, plus around grade 10 I discovered sex, drugs and rock and roll......15 years down the shitter pretty much after that.

3. Is your life turning out the way you thought it would when you were a kid?If not, is it better or worse?

At one point, I never thought my addictions would allow me to see 35 and I was fine with that. Hey, Jim Morrison was cool, he died of excess. I'm not exactly on the straight and narrow right now, but I have cast aside most of my vices (save beer and a doobie once or twice a year) So yeah I guess so; I'm 40, have a wife and 2 kids a big fat mortgage.

4. Paradoxes aside, if you could time-travel back to when you were 10 years old, what would you tell your 10-year-old self?

Never turn down a piece of tail and stay away from the booze and drugs, go to university but also make time to see and experience the world. I think it was Steven Tyler of AeroSmith who said:

quote:
Sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll. Give up the drugs and there is a whole lot more time for the other two

I don't think I ever really grew up.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 03, 2006 09:58      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everything. [Big Grin] An actor, a singer, a dancer, someone famous really.

I guess not. I've taken music classes and dance classes and acting classes. I'm good at the music and singing, not skinny enough for dance though I'm decent at it, and I really kind of suck at acting though I still think it's fun.

No, I thought by now I'd have a college degree and certainly didn't think I'd be married with a baby. I thought I'd be on the east coast instead of in the bay area. I don't know that it is better or worse, but it is different.

I'd try to get myself to do my homework more, not that it would work. [crazy]

I think so. I hope so!

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 03, 2006 10:01      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Sadly, as soon as I was old enough to really say what I wanted to be, I was already starting to do it. And here I am, still doing it.

See #1. I didn't do the schooling, I sort of got into it before I would be old enough to have had the schooling, and been with it ever since.

3. Is your life turning out the way you thought it would when you were a kid? If not, is it better or worse?

Some things are better, some are worse. I always swore I'd be a millionaire by the time I was 30, and I still intend on meeting that goal. [Big Grin]

There're some things going on in my life I never would have imagined possible, but I take them in stride.

All in all my life is about as good as it gets as far as I'm concerned. There are some issues and downfalls, but overall, I couldn't be happier.

*knocks on wood*.

It's all good.

I don't know. I don't remember how jaded I was at 10 years old. I'm pretty jaded now. Probably be a bit annoyed at myself for a few reasons, but overall I can't complain.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted March 03, 2006 10:02      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's this one song by Ayreon called Pride, that should answer all of the above questions...
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
angryjungman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 03, 2006 10:15      Profile for angryjungman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I honestly don't remember. I was never really one to set goals.

I just kinda let life tug me where it wants.

Didn't really think about it as a kid. But I think it's going ok. Being financially independent would be nice tho.

There are so many things. Stop watching TV. Don't just do enough to get by. Get some discipline. Learn everything you can about computers. Just to name a few off the top of my head.

I never really liked or disliked people when I was a kid, they were just there. I'd probably just ignore myself.

--------------------
Meh.

Posts: 633 | From: princeton, nj | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 03, 2006 10:26      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I'd be a seamstress. Or an astronaut.

No. The first one I grew out of it, the second, I didn't have the drive to accomplish it. (But I still dream, maybe, someday, I could go to Mars...)

Nope. A computer scientist working on html, css and other web technologies... well, it didn't exist when I was a kid, and it's not exactly glamourous... Now, to say it is better or worse - probably worse as it's not a dream life, yet better, because it's real and fruitful!

To learn to work hard, and build some discipline, because it's the only way to have great things happens.

Disapointed, maybe a bit, but I'd like it, too, as a have a lot of cool toys!

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 9 posted March 03, 2006 11:34      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my life sucks, i don't even wanna get started in on this one...

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted March 03, 2006 11:54      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Successful

2. Did you follow through?
Working on it

I'm living my dream

Stay motivated, and keep up the hard work, and never let anyone tell you that your dreams are impossible.

I'm still very much a child at heart.

Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 03, 2006 12:08      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

An engineer. (both parents, both grandfathers, and other assorted relatives are all engineers)

Sort of… Studied chemical engineering before deciding the pure science was the way to go and switched to chemistry, which I now have a degree in.

Absolutly not. I married a foreigner and am now living half a world away in a different culture.

This Q. could easily be the subject6 of a volume of books... So lets see the major things.

 Do your homework (I never did because I still did well without ever studying but I really think I missed out on learning a lot of ineresting things)

 Learn a foreign language (learning a foreign laguage doesn’t seem important in america as everyone speaks english. I is important meaning it pays well to be bilingual. My swiss wife had an education with different values and could speak three languages by age 16)

 Don’t fear girls ( most won’t bite, and the ones that do can be very interesting people )

 Don’t be afraid to break a few rules. Life is more interesting if you do. Getting detention once or twice won’t keep you out of college.

 And the list can go on and on.

Yea, cause I can be cool if I wanna. (how hard would it be to impress a 10 year old you know well.)

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted March 03, 2006 12:58      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Initially, a draughtsman for British Nuclear Fuels Limited. No, Honest.
Then I realised that nuclear power is dangerous and uneconomic for the present generation, and dangerous and unfair to future generations. So then I switched allegiance to ergonomics...but I discovered the hard way that my maths wasn't good enough for any sort of design/engineering so I spent the next few years doing environmental conservation, which was the most rewarding work I have done so far.

No. They weren't enough decent paying jobs in conservation, so I got involved with dull jobs that had reasonable pay.

I had no idea, as a kid, what adult life should be like, so I can't choose better or worse.

"Look after your teeth. Learn a foreign language. Learn to play an instrument. The benefits of all these things will become clear over the next few years." [evil]

Probably not. Between 10 and about 16 I was a really arsey kid who knew everything much better than any adult. Or so I thought [ohwell]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 03, 2006 13:12      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never had any grand plans. By middle school I think I knew in the back of my mind it would have something to do with computers.

Yes, but not before a detour into electrical engineering in college. That was a bad idea, prompted by the fact that the school's comp sci department sucked. However, if I had changed schools instead I would not have met Mrs. Club.

Like I said, I never had a clear plan. I did think I'd have a degree, but that hasn't panned out yet. Life steered me into parenthood and a decent job doing what I love in an area I've grown to love, followed by a much better job doing what I love in the same area.

I'd tell myself to be more confident around other people and believe in myself more.

I like to think so.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ugurcan

Member # 4746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 03, 2006 14:21      Profile for Ugurcan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A wizard.. or an astronaut..

More or less.. My job is to make lousy companies look like god damn holdings.. So, you can say that I'm a wizard of some sort...

No, life seems so easy when you were a kid. Definitely it is not. But it's nice to be able to use credit and buy all the toys I want [Wink]

Turn that $#*! amiga off and go play football with your friends.

Yes, probably..

--------------------
"Constants aren't, Variables won't..."

Posts: 219 | From: Under a 110 ft satellite dish... | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
maia
Alpha Geek
Member # 3778

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 03, 2006 14:35      Profile for maia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A zoologist. I wanted to study animals in the wild or work as a zookeeper.

No, I'm not sure what happened. I just lost interest.

No, my life is much different than I imagined. I never dreamed I'd be getting my PhD in molecular biology. I was a pretty depressed child, I always dreaded adulthood, and I'd say things are turning out much better than I thought they'd be.

Hang in there. Probably the same thing I'll want to come back to tell my current self in 15 years.

5. Do you think the child you were would like the adult you've become?
Definitely.

--------------------
Nothing is too petty to be thoroughly discussed.

Posts: 316 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 03, 2006 14:45      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the "I'm going to be famous" neurosis. I thought becoming a rock star would make everybody like me.

Yes. Like gangbusters. I played in a rock band for about 10 years. I recorded, was played on local radio, shot music videos, and tried and tried to play bigger and bigger venues. And I succeeded to a certain degree.

I finally kicked the fame neurosis, so things haven't turned out the way the 16-year old wanted them to go. But the 16-year old was a rather ignorant myopic humanoid. So things have turned out better. If I had succeeded in becoming a rock star things probably would have deterioated for me because I would've learned the hard way that fame doesn't necessarily lead to happiness. And holding on to that fame and the feeling of possessing fame would probably eventually have destroyed me emotionally.

You're very soon going to face up to a lot of pressure to succeed, have prestige, and accumulate things for the mere sake of accumulation. Other people will vehemently try to prove that they're better than you for really shallow reasons. Avoid those who judge others quickly. Resist!

5. Do you think the child you were would like the adult you've become?
Nope. The child would puke.

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

YaYawoman

Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 03, 2006 15:09      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What did you want to be when you grew up?

I remember in sixth grade giving an oral report about this subject. I announced to the whole class that I would be joining the airforce. They all laughed and even the teacher smiled. (It was a very long time ago and women still an oddity in the regular military)

Did you follow through?

Sort of. I joined the army. Hehehe I laughed at them when I graduated Basic. [Big Grin]

Is your life turning out the way you thought it would? If not is it better or worse?

No, my life has not turned out how I imagined it would, but that is a good thing. I realize that I had no idea really what to shoot for. I say it is better but the ten year old I used to be would probably sigh and roll her eyes in that snotty pre-pubescent way and think B O R I N G!

Paradoxes aside, if you could timetravel back what would you say to your 10 year old self?

Stand up straight, look people in the eye, and quit apologizing for your very existence. Also tell me to do the 10 year old equivalent of packing a bowl and just fsckin relax already. [Wink]

Do you think the child you were would like the adult you have become?

I hope so. I like to think so. On the other hand if that self didnt I would have to tell her to tighten up and deal with it.

Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted March 03, 2006 16:29      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by YaYawoman:

No, my life has not turned out how I imagined it would, but that is a good thing. I realize that I had no idea really what to shoot for.

If you were in the Air Force right now, you wouldn't be thinking what to shoot for - you'd be thinking what to shoot at [Wink]
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 03, 2006 17:41      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. What did you want to be when you grew up? A ballerina, a physicist, a novelist and president.
The others faded away and I didn't have the right brains to be a physicist. Well, I could have been a mediocre physicist, but not one that gets to play at Fermi Lab with the really fun toys.
My life is nothing like I might have imagined. I worked in a library in high school and thought it was sort of boring to do your whole life, now I find it intellectually challenging. I thought I'd be married with a bunch of kids. yet somehow be adventurous and trendsetting. Never found Mr. Right, so I started my family on my own by adopting. Maybe not better or worse, but it isn't a bad life.
That my mom was right, my life did get better when I went to college. I suddenly fit in and had friends, while continuing to be true to me. At ten that seemed like an impossible dream. I was on the outside looking in. It was very, very hard.
5. Do you think the child you were, would like the adult you've become? I would hope so, but she might find me boring.

Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 03, 2006 17:49      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In chronological order starting from the age of 4: astronaut, Superman, paleontologist, veterianarian, geneticist, biochemist.

I still tell people that I'm going to be a biochemist when I grow up.

Mostly yes. I got my B.S. and will be getting my PhD in biochemistry, but as things currently stand I'm more of a crystallographer than a biochemist. I'm hoping that in the next year or so I can bring some balance back. Black magic is fun, but I miss doing science.

3. Is your life turning out the way you thought it would when you were a kid? If not, is it better or worse?
I don't have lots of land and a big-ass dog yet, but otherwise yeah, it's turning out beautifully.

Don't worry. It's all going to be okay.

Ask me again in ten years; in many ways I still am a child.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daniélín Aine
Mini Geek
Member # 4894

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 03, 2006 18:01      Profile for Daniélín Aine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

1. I wanted to be a veternarian, a ballerina, or live like one of the American girls. (Go back in time and live during the Colonial, Pioneer or Victorian age.)

2. Well, the time machine in my basement isn't functional. So, unfortunately I can't live like one of the American girls. As for becoming a veternarian, I had a biology teacher in middle school that told me how much math it takes and I ran in the other direction.

3. I'm not sure what I thought life was going to be like when I grew up. For me, just getting away from my Mom and Step-Dad soon enough to be alive when I grew up was my goal. When you're young it's hard to imagine yourself as an adult.

4. I would tell my 10-year-old self to get off her butt and concentrate more on homework. That there is a light at the end of the tunnel that can be reached faster with better academics. To start bugging my Mom earlier to let me take up an instrument and to keep at it. To get some tutoring in math so I wouldn't be afraid of it. Also, to tell my Mom that curly hair can be dealt with using copious amounts of mousse... Scissors are not needed.

5. Probably not. My life is pretty boring. My 10 year old self would probably tell me to go to Chuck E. Cheese or something like that. Then again... I'm not really a grown-up. I don't think I ever will be. [crazy]

--------------------
"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 96 | From: The resturant at the end of the universe | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
Member # 1200

Icon 10 posted March 03, 2006 20:33      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I never, ever imagined having a “real job.” I always saw life as a big swimming pool that you jumped into and enjoyed yourself. Today, I get paid well for doing that most of the time.

Yeah.

I miss not fathering a child. That hurts, but if we don’t have some sorrows in life, how can we understand the gift of joy?

“Buy Apple when it bottoms out at 11 bucks?” Nah, too easy.

How about …

“You’re right, life is a great big swimming pool waiting for you to jump in. Write every day, little sucker, like your life depended on it, because it will – but you know that. And, yeah Dad is wrong about all that time you spend as a gym rat; a good mind and sense of humor is one thing, but broad shoulders, a tight butt, and strong thighs will get you the quality tail. I can’t tell you everything, mini-me, it would spoil the surprises and steal the joy of all the wonderful moments. Enjoy.”

“You’re not joking me, biggie me?” He’d ask. “You mean geeks can be rebels? Honest?”

“The best rebels. Honest.”

Yeah. I’ve done everything in my life I could have ever imagined, and more. He’d have thought I was really “keen-o.”

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 03, 2006 20:56      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniélín Aine:
As for becoming a veternarian, I had a biology teacher in middle school that told me how much math it takes and I ran in the other direction.

My dad tried that one on me.

It didn't work, and I did end up getting over my fear of math. I had to take three semesters of calculus and suffer through physical chemistry, but I did get over my fear of math.

Not that it matters. The computers do all the math for me. [Razz]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daniélín Aine
Mini Geek
Member # 4894

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 03, 2006 22:53      Profile for Daniélín Aine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
quote:
Originally posted by Daniélín Aine:
As for becoming a veternarian, I had a biology teacher in middle school that told me how much math it takes and I ran in the other direction.

My dad tried that one on me.

It didn't work, and I did end up getting over my fear of math. I had to take three semesters of calculus and suffer through physical chemistry, but I did get over my fear of math.

Not that it matters. The computers do all the math for me. [Razz]

Maybe one of these days... Then again a lot of people seem to think I'd make a great history teacher and that doesn't need a lot of math. All I know is that I DON'T want to be a Certified Pharmacy Technician for the rest of my life.

--------------------
"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 96 | From: The resturant at the end of the universe | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 04, 2006 20:31      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DISCLAIMER: I don't think I can legitimately answer these with the proper insight since 10 years old was only 7 years ago, but I'll try.

When I was around 10 I wanted to be a naturalist. I wanted to save the trees and the animals and the blue morpho butterflies.

Some would say that I became realistic, but I think I just became apathetic. I think some of my college applications say "Biomedical engineering" and some of my applications say "Chemical engineering" for an intended major, so that's not exactly forestry or zoology. Pure mathematics? Biomed? Medicine? I've no idea.

I guess life (so far) turned out exactly as I thought it would, as in, I'm a senior in the high school that my elementary school feeds into. When I was little I think I wanted to go to UNC or Davidson, but I didn't apply to either of those schools. Now I'm still not quite sure where I'll be next September. [crazy]

"You are going to make some very bad choices and say some very stupid things from the ages of 11-14. If you do it, your 17-year-old self will regret it. If you don't do it, you'll save yourself a lot of trouble but will not learn from your stupidity. What will you do?"

Situation wise, yes, because I'm still in high school in the town where I grew up. Personality wise, absolutely not. Reading back through old school journals, I was a very cocky 5th-7th grader and I hated math. Now I'm kind of self-effacing and I love math. I was also a very opinionated and intolerant child. Oh well. [ohwell]

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 04, 2006 21:59      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I had two different plans based on two very different things. I wanted to do something in the computer field (technition, installation, etc) because I always knew the money is good. The other thing I wanted to do is become a priest because I want to help people and I have a way with words and know how to speak in public.

I've burned out on computers, they're a fun hobby, but I just can't do them for work any more! Steph has kinda' taken care of the possibilities of my becoming a priest.

It is certainly not turning out the way I thought it would. I never thought I'd live with my parents until I was 23, or flunk out of college. That said, I think that, in the long run, it's turing out better because I have taken the time to find out how I want to spend my life.

"Do all your homework, not because you have to do it to get decent grades, but you need to learn how to do homework before you get to college because, man, it all gets a ton harder when you get there!"

"Stop worrying about what other kids think of you. If you like yourself, they'll like you too! Trust me on this."

"When you turn 14, get out and get a job! You need the expierence and practice getting hired!"

Well, there are plenty of times that [b]I[/b} certainly don't like the adult I've become, but if I push aside the self-judgements (i.e. living at home until age 23, etc) and look at where I'm going, I think the child I was would love the person I'm planning to be.

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture