homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » HOME AGAIN (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: HOME AGAIN
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted February 27, 2006 06:28      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so happy to be back in the land of junk food and fast cars.

I've been home for a week now, trying to get my stuff out of TMO (military storage) and getting settled in the barracks (kinda like a dorm), stuff like getting furniture and laundry detergent.

I can finially say that I'm pretty much settled, the internet guys comes today to hook me up and I go back to CA here pretty soon to drive my car here to NC.

In the week I've been back in the States I have gotten totally wasted off of two drinks, got buzzed off 2 beers (a first for me and the prior was on a seperate occasion [it is amazing what six months of nothing but water, gatorade and juices can do to a mans alcohol tolerance])

Got back with the Cherry Point Rugby Team and had a really good first match of the season.

It r0xors to be back home. I dont posses the words to explain my happiness in any other way. I've got some great pics that I have to find and some that are on their way back here as we speak (I had to mail them from in country) so as soon as I get those, I'll put them up.

drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 27, 2006 06:33      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats on making it back in one piece.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted February 27, 2006 08:02      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jace!!! Awesome news, welcome home! [thumbsup] [Applause]
Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 27, 2006 08:20      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whooooooo hoooooo! Let me buy you your first supersized fry. I'm so glad you are home safe!!
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Erbo
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted February 27, 2006 08:23            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome home, Marine! Good to see you back from the Sandbox OK. If we could throw a virtual ticker-tape parade for you here, I'd start arranging it... [Cool]
IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted February 27, 2006 08:32      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
woo-yay! Bet you're tired of seeing sand for a while. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
RScottV

SuperFan!
Member # 3540

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 27, 2006 09:01      Profile for RScottV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome home.

Glad that you are safe!

Posts: 211 | From: Saint Paul, MN | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted February 27, 2006 09:35      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
List of things I've done since i've been back:

1) Over ate and puked, then kept eating cause the food was sooooo good then had massive bubble guts cause i'm not acclimated to the food and puked again.

2) Layed in the grass for a while.

3) Went to a movie and fell asleep.

4) Wore real clothes.

5) took an hour long HOT shower!

6) Did an 8 mile run without any gear.

7) Sat and did nothing for a few hours.

8) Smoked some hookah

9) Drank a real American Mt. Dew

10) (and my favorite) walked around naked.

Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 27, 2006 10:47      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you're back safe, Jace.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 27, 2006 12:37      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to hear you made it back in one piece Jace. [Applause]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 27, 2006 14:33      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear you made it back fine and are enjoying the experience. Strange how much you enjoy things you took forgranted when you have not had them for a while...

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 27, 2006 14:39      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very awesome man.

And let us not forget to say "Thank you!"

Peace, dude.

-dragon

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
maia
Alpha Geek
Member # 3778

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 27, 2006 14:52      Profile for maia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome home. [Smile]
Thanks for serving our country.

--------------------
Nothing is too petty to be thoroughly discussed.

Posts: 316 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 27, 2006 18:47      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome home! Well done.I hope you enjoy.
Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 27, 2006 21:10      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Back Jace, glad to have you back.

Now get out there and enjoy yourself, then join the MSG and get posted out to Geneva [Wink]

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 27, 2006 21:30      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome home Jace!

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ASM65816
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 712

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted February 27, 2006 22:07      Profile for ASM65816   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rock on !!! Great to have you back!

Now remember, US speed limit is not "Pedal to the Metal." [Wink]

--------------------
Once a proud programmer of Apple II's, he now spends his days and nights in cheap dives fraternizing with exotic dancers....

Posts: 1035 | From: Third rock from sun. | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 28, 2006 05:48      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back dude. Hope ure having fun in Cherry Pt. Been to the beach yet?

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

Posts: 406 | From: The Line Between Time and Space | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
David Rogers
Mini Geek
Member # 1373

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 28, 2006 08:21      Profile for David Rogers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Semper Fi.

I am glad you got back in one piece. Good luck getting reaquainted with American culture.

--------------------
David Rogers

Posts: 66 | From: Champaign IL USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted February 28, 2006 09:56      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great to hear you're back! Whoo! Job well done! [Applause]
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 28, 2006 18:55      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Marine. OoouRaahhh!

/me snaps off the best ramrodded salute he can manage

[thumbsup]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted February 28, 2006 20:12      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back, Jace!

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted February 28, 2006 20:38      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back, Jace! Congratulations on a job well done.

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2006 04:13      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay! Welcome back!!!

Sounds like you've been having an awful lot of fun since you got back, too [Big Grin] [Applause]

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2006 07:19      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I salute you. Glad yo have you back. My best friend was just back in town on a 4 day pass, before he gets shipped to Afganastan. He just finished feild training, so it can be anytime now for him. Any advice I should bass along.

--------------------
My Site

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture