homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Our hearts go out to Jessycat (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Our hearts go out to Jessycat
Titanium Warrior
Alpha Geek
Member # 1885

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted February 06, 2006 07:10      Profile for Titanium Warrior   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My heart goes out to you and your family Jess. I know the feelings you must be going through as my grandfather just passed away a month ago.

Nothing can replace the feelings, but always cherish the memories. It sounds like through your letter that you have.

My condolences go out to you and your family.

-TiW

Posts: 333 | From: Victoria, BC Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2006 07:17      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for your loss Jessycat.
Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 06, 2006 07:25      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My mom and I were best friends. When she died it made it that much harder. However it also helped in knowing what we shared. Over time I hope memories of your special friendship with your mom help you through. You are in my thoughts.
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Doco

SuperFan!
Member # 371

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted February 06, 2006 07:41      Profile for Doco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jess -

I can't imagine how you must feel right now. Your mom, you, and your family are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Posts: 419 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 06, 2006 07:59      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's not really anything I could say that'd make you feel better -- if there was, I would.

Just remember to cherish the great time you had with her before she passed. I'm sure it's what she'd want.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
RScottV

SuperFan!
Member # 3540

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 06, 2006 08:06      Profile for RScottV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm really sorry JC. As you can see by all the responses, everyone is thinking of you at this difficult time.
Posts: 211 | From: Saint Paul, MN | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted February 06, 2006 08:49      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry for your loss Jess. It is a cruel world when the ones we love the most are taken away from us. Just remember that though she may no longer be with us, she still lives on in you and your memories of her. So treasure those memories with your whole heart.

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted February 06, 2006 11:49      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What everyone else has said really sums it up, but I wanted to add my condolences to the rest. I can't imagine what my life would be like without my mom here, so I can imagine just a little bit of how hard this must be for you. If you need anything we're here. *hugs*

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2006 11:54      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jessycat

This is awful news, and I am so sorry. I hope that with support from your friends and family you will find a way to deal with your grief. We'll all pray for you, your family and your mother.

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
MacMaster
Geek-in-Training
Member # 4610

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted February 06, 2006 12:36      Profile for MacMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry Jessy. She's in a better place.
Posts: 31 | From: Eugene, Oregon | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted February 06, 2006 13:41      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was deeply saddened when I read my gmail last night. My thoughts go out to you and your family during this time of loss.

[Frown]

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 06, 2006 14:34      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's so hard to lose someone you love. Even people of faith, even those with the most sincere and unwaivering belief in an afterlife, have trouble letting go and finding ways to say goodbye. I have been in your position with my grandparents and understand the pain, the questions, and how intensely you miss her.

I am dearly sorry for your loss, but remember and take comfort in the knowledge that I, along with so many others here, are praying and thinking about you.

In due time, may God grant you and your family peace.

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 06, 2006 14:54      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jess, I cannot even come with words everyone has not already said.

She will live within your heart and reflect the person you have become.....always remember that.

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Moe Monkey
Geek
Member # 1900

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2006 17:00      Profile for Moe Monkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear of your loss, Jessycat. [Frown]
I'm glad you had those few months of good times together.

Posts: 145 | From: The couch in the living room | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2006 19:07      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[weep]

I have no words.....

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
toobe

Member # 3783

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 06, 2006 20:04      Profile for toobe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, Jessycat. You and your family are in the thoughts of strangers and friends alike. I wish you well.

--------------------
Studies show reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it.

Posts: 175 | From: Victoria, BC | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
shriver
Geek
Member # 3556

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 06, 2006 22:20      Profile for shriver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My condolences to you and yours for your loss.
Posts: 111 | From: Seattle | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted February 07, 2006 15:40      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jessycat...

I know what you are going through, to an similar extent. I greive with thee. I know the pain of loosing a parent all too well. I am praying for you and your family in this time of sorrow. I offer you many hugs, please email me of you want to talk... [weep]

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 07, 2006 15:45      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry, Jess. Can't imagine what you're going through right now. My thoughts are with you. [Frown]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted February 07, 2006 15:54      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jess, I'm here if you need me.

*hugs*

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted February 07, 2006 18:27      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very sorry to hear about your mother Jess. Like all the others here I offer my sincere condolences.

*Hug*

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Frost
Geek
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 07, 2006 22:36      Profile for Frost     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[weep]

--------------------
Success requires no explanations, Failure permits no alibis.

Posts: 217 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
ChildeRoland
Alpha Geek
Member # 3880

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted February 08, 2006 05:52      Profile for ChildeRoland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're one cool cat, and I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. May you find comfort with your friends and family.

--------------------
=====================
Childe Roland

snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 08, 2006 07:44      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no words either. [weep]
Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture