homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » We got Nitrozac'd!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: We got Nitrozac'd!
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 09:52      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, as most of you are aware, (and information for those of you who are not), I'm getting married in May. May 20th to be exact. We've booked almost everything for the wedding, and Amanda is at the cake shop working out the details on our cake as I write this. Anyway, one of the things I've decided to do is to set up a webpage to allow people to RSVP online, as well as get information about the wedding, get directions, etc.

One of the ideas I suggested to Amanda for our website and/or any gifts/favours we may hand out at the wedding was to get a picture of us Nitrozac'd. So I contacted our GC overlords, worked it out, and a few days later (yesterday), I got the pic sent to me. I think it looks absolutely awesome.

Here's the original of my ugly mug, and Amanda's hotness. [Big Grin]

-
You'll have to forgive the stupid look on my face.. I must've taken about 100 pictures of Amanda and I, and I kept looking stupid, and she kept looking awesome. This was the one I decided was good enough, after wasting 2 batteries, and running low on the next two.

Here's the Nitrozac'd:
 -

Nitrozac rules. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 09:58      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wowhahow! Zowie! Etcetera!

Way to go Nitrozac! And Newf! And Amanda!

Thanks for sharing. [thumbsup]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
RScottV

SuperFan!
Member # 3540

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 10:01      Profile for RScottV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DNF, I think you are being waaay too hard on yourself! Both of you look great in the picture.

I am always amazed by how NZ brings everyone's best qualities forward in her creations.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Posts: 211 | From: Saint Paul, MN | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 10:38      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's what tripods are for, silly drunken one. [Wink]

Very nice picture, though....top notch work, Nitrozac! [Smile]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 10:42      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats on the wedding, and being Nitrozac'd! [Smile]

Looking good. [Cool] [thumbsup]

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 10:47      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very, very cool!
Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
maia
Alpha Geek
Member # 3778

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 10:49      Profile for maia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW, that looks awesome!! [Smile] You are a very cute couple (yes, that means you, too, newfie). I hope all of the preparations are coming along fine. May will be here before you know it.

--------------------
Nothing is too petty to be thoroughly discussed.

Posts: 316 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 11:02      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
That's what tripods are for, silly drunken one. [Wink]

Wait.. who the hell brought up my.. .. OOOOOOOOOOOOHH.. nevermind. [Wink]

We don't own a tripod. [Razz]

quote:
Originally posted by maia:
May will be here before you know it.

I hope so. I'm already sick of waiting. :S

I'm so impatient.

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 11:29      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awww, both pictures are gorgeous.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 15:59      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck dnm! and what an excellent picture.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 17:15      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love it. What a wonderful and creative idea! Of course you had a great artist! Congrats.
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alan!
Geek
Member # 1261

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 23:06      Profile for Alan!     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can i book mine now for much, much later? [Wink]

(i may or may not visit this thread in ten years...)

--------------------
Alan!

Two rabbis, a priest, and an awkward silence after there's no intelligible punch line to this joke, walk into a bar.

Posts: 219 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 01, 2006 04:19      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great picture. I hope the wedding goes smoothly for you two.
Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 01, 2006 06:16      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're all looking forward to the wedding night animated gif?
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2006 10:47      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by quantumfluff:

Don't you mean: We're all looking forward to the consummation animated gif.
Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 01, 2006 11:41      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
quote:
Originally posted by quantumfluff:

Don't you mean: We're all looking forward to the consummation animated gif.
Nobody wants to see that, really.
*shudder*

Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2006 19:14      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That, indeed, is adorable.

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
CMJ14300
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4951

Icon 10 posted March 03, 2006 08:56      Profile for CMJ14300   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where did you get that picture done? It looks great!!!
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 03, 2006 09:48      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CMJ14300:
Where did you get that picture done? It looks great!!!

Our benevolent dictator (Nitrozac) did it. Hence, 'we got nitrozac'd.' [Big Grin]
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted March 03, 2006 11:37      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's the little known page here, with details on portraits.

http://www.geekculture.com/geekculturestore/webstore/nitroportraits.html

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Daniélín Aine
Mini Geek
Member # 4894

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 03, 2006 17:38      Profile for Daniélín Aine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's awesome... What a great idea! You both look great! Nitrozac did a wonderful job as well. [Applause]
Posts: 96 | From: The resturant at the end of the universe | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture