homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » An apology to Britney Spears (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: An apology to Britney Spears
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2006 19:32      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've badmouthed your musical talents for years. I've threatened to gouge out my eyes rather than see the reality show you did.

I've said you were the worst thing that ever happened to music.

I was wrong.

In my defense, however, I had not yet seen this when I said all those things.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
CloneArmyCommander
Geek
Member # 4665

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted January 30, 2006 19:42      Profile for CloneArmyCommander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Confused]

That's the most disturbing thing I have ever seen.

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2006 20:25      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay Steen. That settles it for me. I know you were gone for a while getting healthy and all that. Now you are back with a real vengeance, as witnessed by this thread.

By posting that link, you have definitely pulled way out in front of all contenders for the, "I found weirder sh*t than you on the 'net" award for this Monday, January 30th, 2006. [Applause] [shake head]

-
Pink Helicopter, MBFWIA! [Big Grin]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2006 20:40      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ihre Rosa Helikopter...

Their Pink Helicopter? I didn't catch anything else.

[Embarrassed]

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 01:23      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:

I was wrong.

If it's any consolation, I had to take back my flak about Britney when Skinflick did an industrial-metal cover of "Toxic" and I had to admit to myself that it totally rocked.
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 02:37      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like techno, so that was fun. (Of course, I've only seen the first two minutes, so it might get worse after that.) [Smile]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 11:02      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
I like techno, so that was fun. (Of course, I've only seen the first two minutes, so it might get worse after that.) [Smile]

took me 30 seconds to puke

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 11:09      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. That took suck to a whole new level, didn't it?
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 11:16      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Demosthenes:
quote:

I was wrong.

If it's any consolation, I had to take back my flak about Britney when Skinflick did an industrial-metal cover of "Toxic" and I had to admit to myself that it totally rocked.
I'm partial to the Local H version myself.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1739 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 11:47      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which led me to find this:
http://www.musicvideocodes.com/?song=350

That makes my head hurt far, far less than Steen's posting.

/me wonders if anyone can translate this to English?
http://www.lyricsdownload.com/peaches-rosa-helikopter-lyrics.html

(Does it mean "I wish I was a pink helicopter?" [Razz] )

Apparently these two call themselves "Peaches"
http://www.musicbrigade.com/stream/mediaDetails.aspx?artistId=6288&mediaId=7539&popup=false

Truly, it looks like some kind of submission for a talent competition for some kind of dancing, that should have landed on the _reject_ pile.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 19:50      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dragonman97 wrote:

I can't really translate it, because my Swedish absolutely stinks, but I can make out enough words to get the general idea of the song.

The first part seems to be variations of "In a pink helicopter, will I fly home to you? Yes in a pink helicopter, I will fly all the way home to you."

Then in the middle bits they launch into something that I'm sure I've got to be translating/guessing wrong because it looks like it says they're lying awake in bed and dreaming at the same time. The dream is about wanting to get to you, but not being able to, but they know what they want to do which is to fly home to you in a pink helicopter.

Then they repeat the intro stuff a couple more times.

So, basically the song seems to be all about how two prepubescent Swedish children want you.

And now that I'm even more disturbed and repulsed by the whole thing, I wish I hadn't made the half-assed attempt at translating it.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 20:17      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
dragonman97 wrote:

I can't really translate it, because my Swedish absolutely stinks, but I can make out enough words to get the general idea of the song.

/me gets out the Swedish/English dictionary

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
maswan

Lord of the Root!
Member # 269

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 20:39      Profile for maswan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a pink helicopter
I will fly home to you
In a pink helicopter
yes then I will fly to you every day
In a pink helicopter
all the way home to you
In a pink helicopter
yes then I will fly through the stars to you

laying awake in my bed
in the middle of the night dreaming of you
I've felt my dreams betraying me
laying alone in my room
only longing and thinking of you
oh, I know what I want
I want up to heaven once more

[repeat pink helicopter. add more of the same]

Now I feel really dirty.

Rosa Helikopter is the prefered choice of psychological warfare around here.

Posts: 71 | From: UmeŚ, Sweden | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 20:44      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, maswan. [Smile]

/me waves a bit

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 21:07      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<pedant>

But in the video it's GREY! [crazy]

</pedant>

[Razz]

--------------------

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 21:40      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
<pedant>

But in the video it's GREY! [crazy]

</pedant>

[Razz]

Uh...what? It's pink. "Rosa" is pink in a whole lot of languages, and even with that /really/ poor 3D animation, it is pink.

--------------------

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 21:50      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh blast, you're gonna make me watch it again? I know the chopper had red lights, but the body looked more like carbon fiber grey than pink.

EDIT: WHOA!! I just looked at dman's link. The chopper was definitely NOT rendered like that in the version I watched 'cause it's hard to forget something that shockingly pink. I wonder if the color settings in WMV are screwed up on my machine?

--------------------

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 21:56      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I wonder if the color settings in WMV are screwed up on my machine?

More likely you're looking at the world through rose-colored glasses, but with a jaundiced eye.

--------------------

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 22:10      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL. And here I was afraid I was color-blind!

Oh wait, I'd be dead then. [Razz]

--------------------

fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 22:19      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Dman and Steen, for introducing crappy pop song as a language instruction tool. [Razz]

(And you can all thank Maswan who proofed it and saved you from my Swenglish.) [Wink]
------------------------------------------
in a pink helicopter
will I fly home to you
in a pink helicopter
yeah then I fly to you every day
in a pink helicopter
all the way home to you
in a pink helicopter
yeah then I fly through the stars to you

laying awake in my bed
middle of the night and dreaming of you
I have felt that my dreams fail me
laying alone in my room
just longing and thinking of you
I know what I want
I want up to heaven one more time

in a pink helicopter
will I fly home to you
in a pink helicopter
in a pink helicopter
all the way home to you
in a pink helicopter

come early to school
just as good when we feel like this
for I only wanted to see if you were already there
when we had geography
yeah then you sat and waited for me
I know what I want
for I want up to heaven one more time

in a pink helicopter
will I fly home to you
in a pink helicopter
in a pink helicopter
all the way home to you
in a pink helicopter

in a pink helicopter
I will fly all the way home to you
in a pink helicopter
I will fly all the way home to you

--------------------

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 22:30      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So FireSnake. Will you be singing this little ditty to maswan in the original Swedish, or in English? [Big Grin]

(What is wrong with me tonight - such an asshat!)

--------------------

fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 22:53      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol GG, my Swedish would probably lessen the horror simply because it would obscure the actual words.

--------------------

magefile
Highlie
Member # 2918

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 22:55      Profile for magefile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
LOL. And here I was afraid I was color-blind!

Oh wait, I'd be dead then. [Razz]

Even I could tell it was pink, and grey/pink is one of the color combinations that confuses me most!

--------------------
Let them be stupid - the market will sort it out.

Posts: 743 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 23:23      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Demosthenes:
quote:

I was wrong.

Thanks for the link. Was good.

--------------------

Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 02, 2006 20:12      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, a little disturbing, but not as much as some techno ive seen. Some of the japanese stuff is wayyy worse. Is it in Swedish or German?

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

Posts: 406 | From: The Line Between Time and Space | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture