homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Friday five - a motley list

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Friday five - a motley list
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2006 08:53      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I got a varied bunch of suggestions. So I am going to blend

1. Is every sperm sacred, yes or no? Why do they not sing about wasted eggs?

2. Joan of Arc - Saint or schizophrenic? Expound

3) What's your biggest regret, and are you going to do anything about it?

4) Do you have any "unfinished business" from 2005?

5) Are you optimistic about the year ahead?

Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2006 09:23      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Yes they are. They are so sacred that I had them all blocked off to never leave my body again. Never to be wasted.

I really can't say. From what I know of her she was quite a pwerful figure, not matter how you believe of her.

Not finishing High School or going to college. And this year I hope to start taking some general ed. college courses.

I don't think so...

I am very optimistic. I have a lot of changes happening this year and I hope that while I know this high point can't possibly last. I do hope that I don't get to see the low points that I saw last year.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2006 09:41      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Is every sperm sacred, yes or no?

No. If thet were, I'd be a mass murderer. Fertilized eggs are sacred though....

Why do they not sing about wasted eggs?

They do. Remember that Freddy Fender song?

Wasted eggs and wasted nights....

Both, she was a woman after all.

I have heaps of regrets....I have no plans to do anything about any of the bodies buried in the Nevada desert.

Finish the fence/retaining wall. Sod the front yard.

Yep.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2006 10:05      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

No.

Not educated enough on the subject to pass any real judgement.

I have no regrets.

Yes. My business. It's not a multi-million dollar corporation, and until it is, I have unfinished business. [Smile]

Absolutely. I'm getting married, will likely become a (biological) dad, and see #4.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2006 10:11      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) Is every sperm sacred, yes or no?
This is actually an extremely complex theological debate which has more variables and outcomes than can be enumerated here. My answer: Usually yes.

Why do they not sing about wasted eggs?

"They" being the Pythons, who knows? Given enough time, I'm sure they could have had some fun with this as well.

2) Joan of Arc - Saint or schizophrenic? Expound

By definition, she is a Saint of the Church which canonized her - so, yes, she is most definitely a Saint. The historical records, (both Secular and Ecclesiatical), of her life and activities leave some terribly confused and contradictory images of a sincere person who was tortured by spiritual forces - whether of her own invention or otherwise.

I do what I can to fix what and whom I've hurt or
broken along the way. I try hard to do this as soon as I become aware of the damage, and I've been following this practice (religiously [Big Grin] ) for about 25 years now. Thus I have no real regrets that I can recall just now, which I find to be a real blessing.

Oh yeah, and 2004, 2003, 2002, etc... Such as trying to successfully complete: a business start-up (Garlic Head) and a non-profit organization (Transistions Center) and a religious community through our local parish (SFO). I'm pretty certain this is a reflection on my own insanity (schizophrenia).

Of course. Despite its flaws, I believe the universe is unfolding according to the Plan. See Desiderata

[Wink] gg

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2006 10:25      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

No. No clue.

Not sure. Saints and prophets aren't all that different from madmen.

I should have stayed. And I can't do anything about it.

Yeah, I'm running the experiments as I type.

Yes.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2006 13:56      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, every sperm is not sacred. Within the usual constraints, sperm are largely a renewable resource. They don't sing about wasted eggs because the disposal of unfertilised eggs is taken care of automatically and doesn't involve the "manual intervention" (dreadful pun fully intended [Razz] ) of disposing of unwanted sperm.

Probably both. The saint will gaze at the face of God, but the madman just hears the voices. [ohwell]

3) What's your biggest regret, and are you going to do anything about it? I messed up something special almost 20 years ago. I couldn't fix it now even if I wanted to. [Frown]

No, not really. I have a list of stuff that I just didn't do at all! [Razz]

Yes, although cautiously so. We should get to clear some debts this year so things should get a little easier. [Applause]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2006 14:40      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is every sperm sacred?
No. They are scary little creatures that are to be denied entry by any means necessary!

Joan of Arc saint or schizo?
Now there was a woman who made her illness work for her!

What is your biggest regret, and what are you going to do about it?
Saying no to the proposal from the man I SHOULD have married. There is nothing for me to do about it now.

Any unfinished business from 2005?
Debt.

Are you optimistic about 2006?
Yes, very optimistic. By the end of this year I should be financially on track again and back in school.

Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2006 15:13      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. Some are just rotten punks. That goes for eggs as well. I believe St. Wonka said it best - "She must be a bad egg".

"I don't want to be a messiah, messiahs die young" - Men without Hats

Not finding anyone to join me on a road trip down to Mardi Gras in New Orleans back in 1982. I can't do anything about it now.

2005? I have unfinished business from 2001!

Couldn't be worse than this year. At least financially.

Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2006 15:14      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
opps. I quoted rather than edited my post
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2006 15:17      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Fertilized eggs are....No such thing as a wasted egg... [Razz]

*humming

3) What's your biggest regret, and are you going to do anything about it? I do not regret, I correct.

4) Do you have any "unfinished business" from 2005? Physical Health. Lost 38 pounds and still going for 30 more. [Big Grin]

5) Are you optimistic about the year ahead? Not really. Within the first week I took my best friend to have a procedure done that I do not believe in (the "A" word) and just broke off my relationship.

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2006 20:36      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. No, and I believe they don't sing about women's eggs because menstruation's less glamorous than a good old-fashioned moneyshot. (Also, it's hard to rhyme things with "uterus.")

2. Schizo, or a big fat liar.

3) Not knowing when to just walk away from a situation, relationship, job, or fight.

4) Not that I know of; I do need to catch up on my rent though.

5) Am I ever optimistic?

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2006 21:03      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

a. I should imagine they aren't.
b. Any guy who dared sing about it would be dead.

No clue.

Biggest one? Damned if I know - I have a accumulated a few over the years, but my feeling is that what's past is past, and I can only learn from mistakes/opportunities missed, and try to get things right in the future. Stuff happens.

Well, there was something I'd told myself I'd get around to...and I thought I'd set some kind of personal deadline of Oct. '05...oops. I should really try and get around to that.

Yes. I think there's some good things to come, and maybe if I stop procrastinating, I can make a few more good things come.

Here's to the new year!
/me raises espresso cup...

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 07, 2006 13:08      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
. Is every sperm sacred, yes or no? Why do they not sing about wasted eggs?
Nope. I think they were afraid they would have to write verses about ticking clocks

Saint. I don't think you get that many people to follow you,if it is just voices in your head.

I already did something about my biggest regret. I always wanted to be married and have a family. I didn't get married, but I adopted Dora-Marie.
I don't know if it is a regret, but I wish she wouldn't be an only child. I loved being in a big family.

Work. I just don't know what is going on there and the politics/administration is a scarey thing right now. I don't know if it is time to move on.

In the middle. I have D-M so how can I not be in most ways.

Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted January 08, 2006 07:17      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Footsie
Geek-in-Training
Member # 3444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2006 07:22      Profile for Footsie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I think yes as this year im hoping we may get one fertilised Huh huh (dont think serenaks up for it just yet though but he sure does like the practicing there again no complaints here though !!!

[Wink] [Wink]

--------------------
Here today... Gone tomorrow?

Posts: 33 | From: smelly foot farm | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture