homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » it just gets WORSE... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: it just gets WORSE...
-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 04:19      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
re: Things to watch for in 2006 jdpworld

i'd have posted this in there, but figured it deserves it's own thread

i spent nearly an hour trying to convince someone to call the cops for me ,on another forum that i know has hundreds of ppl online 24/7

k, what the fuck...

so i'm just lying there sleeping right?

suddenly i feel somethings not right, sure enough i open my eyes and see two shapes in the doorway to my bedroom
instincts take over and i'm up and yellin' at these two to get the fuck out and chasing after them
they run like fucking bats outta hell! i had no idea n-fucking worders could run so fast

oh, i'll stop here and tell you to fuck off if you don't like me calling them "the n-fucking word"
there's ppl who happen to be black, and then there's them

so they run and knock over a table on the way out, but apparently make no other damage
not sure how they managed to open the sliding glass door in the living room, but it's wide open of course, as is the door to my closet outside

i look around after they're gone and don't see anything missing right off the bat, interesting how they'd head right for the bedroom..
guess i'm a lighter sleeper than i thought

i look around a bit to double check and decide it might be a good idea to call the cops
right, except they stole my cell phone, and my work cell phone and the chargers for both
looks like they could have been in there for at least more than a few minutes, maybe taking note of what to come back for, becasue there's no way you can just see the chargers or the phones - you have to be looking for them

so now i can't all the cops and make a report, or call the phone co and report them stolen

---------

manage to get someone to call and the cops show up

---------

gonna dust for prints??! lol

more updates later

---------

took a walk while the guy's doing prints, saw a few other of the outdoor storage clostes popped open

didnt' find my wallet, was hoping they might have just taken the cash and dropped it

---------

GODDAMMNIT!!!!!!

they must have been here earlier as well, because i'm now missing a large red toolbox with 90% of my tools in it and the fucker weighs in at least 80lbs

---------

in all, 4 cops showed up

must have been a pretty slow night

case # 061010859 if anyone's interested

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cope
your a bitch for not chasin after em;
strait trrippen'

i woulda killed those mofuckas' dont matter their race tho
/quote

right, run after them with a back that still isn't healed from a car wreck 3 months ago, w/o shoes, on wet grass, in my underwear

right.

-----------

FUCK this sucks...

really wish they would have just taken my car

i NEED my cell (and wallet)
the tools i can replace but may take years, hell i don't even remember what all is in there

------------

i'm buying a gun later today

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ugurcan

Member # 4746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 05:22      Profile for Ugurcan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A gun! Are you crazy?

Why not buy an alarm system and forget all about it?

--------------------
"Constants aren't, Variables won't..."

Posts: 219 | From: Under a 110 ft satellite dish... | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 05:28      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ugurcan:
A gun! Are you crazy?

no, not crazy - PISSED OFF

and, it's legal here in FL to shoot them

an alarm on an apartment - not likely to go over well with the leasing office

i'd rather shoot them

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

Richard
Geek Apprentice
Member # 2868

Icon 11 posted January 05, 2006 07:25      Profile for Richard   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would refer everyone to here... Info on the Brady Campaign for information on owning a gun in Florida...

Not even Texas has a law this crazy... I feel very threatened by my boss... and several of my co-workers... but THAT is the reason I don't own a gun. I know if I did, I might actually someday use it.

Goodluck -ct-

Posts: 49 | From: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
SilverBlade
Alpha Geek
Member # 3541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 07:46      Profile for SilverBlade   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
- ct -, I hereby dub you as one of the unluckiest men alive. Seriously.

--------------------
http://www.silver-blade.net

Posts: 303 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 10:03      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SilverBlade:
- ct -, I hereby dub you as one of the unluckiest men alive. Seriously.

Poor Florida [Wink]

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 11:06      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -ct-:
quote:
A gun! Are you crazy?

i'd rather shoot them

Guns are also one of the first things an "n-fucking worder" will steal, so you'd best sleep with it in your hand and not leave it at home.

And Silverblade, I'll say this, he may be one of the LUCKIEST men alive, atleast THEY didn't have guns.

It's rather rare that someone robs a house and doesn't have a gun, and it would seem even stranger assuming the gun laws in Florida when they know you could cock a hammer and kill them with no legal consequences. The story seems a bit odd actually.

ct: You didn't happen to use the numbers 4 8 15 16 23 42 anywhere lately, did you?

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 11:23      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Too Cool To Quit:
quote:
Originally posted by -ct-:
quote:
A gun! Are you crazy?

i'd rather shoot them

Guns are also one of the first things an "n-fucking worder" will steal, so you'd best sleep with it in your hand and not leave it at home.

And Silverblade, I'll say this, he may be one of the LUCKIEST men alive, atleast THEY didn't have guns.

It's rather rare that someone robs a house and doesn't have a gun, and it would seem even stranger assuming the gun laws in Florida when they know you could cock a hammer and kill them with no legal consequences. The story seems a bit odd actually.

ct: You didn't happen to use the numbers 4 8 15 16 23 42 anywhere lately, did you?

"Guns are also one of the first things an "n-fucking worder" will steal, so you'd best sleep with it in your hand and not leave it at home.
"

exactly

no, haven't used any of them that i'm aware of (yeah, i know what you're getting at, but i'm in a non-humerous mood)

--------------------

GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 14:16      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe you should change your nic to Schleprock. [Wink]
Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 19:11      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-ct-

I'm hoping your markmanship skills are better than your driving skills......if not, all your problems may be solved permanantly when you bust a cap in yo' own ass [Razz]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 19:39      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
-ct-

I'm hoping your markmanship skills are better than your driving skills......if not, all your problems may be solved permanantly when you bust a cap in yo' own ass [Razz]

Knowing his luck? The gun will shoot without pulling the trigger under his pillow..

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 20:28      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me thinks of a scene from Sin City. [Wink]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 20:45      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alfrin:
Knowing his luck? The gun will shoot without pulling the trigger under his pillow..

I tried to stay out of this, I really did. But I can't resist observing that knowing -ct-'s luck he'd pull the gun on the intruders and shoot up his TV, stereo, computer, etc. trying to cap the bad dudes.

But seriously, am I the only one that has nagging doubts about the authenticity of all these bad luck horror stories?

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1739 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 21:10      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ugh, MightyClub:
...But seriously, am I the only one that has nagging doubts about the authenticity of all these bad luck horror stories?

no joke man
wish it was

seems that i don't have much to say these days* except when it's bad news - because that's all that happens to me

who remembers the movie /falling down/ ?

yeah, getting closer to that daily...

* these days being the last 5+ years

--------------------

Alan!
Geek
Member # 1261

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2006 05:45      Profile for Alan!     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey -ct-, don't want to be a pessimist, but would you mind summarising all your misfortune in this post, so we (i) don't have to trawl around the other posts to remember just how much bad luck you've had?!

just hit-by-hit bullet points will be fine [Wink]

ta

--------------------
Alan!

Two rabbis, a priest, and an awkward silence after there's no intelligible punch line to this joke, walk into a bar.

Posts: 219 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2006 08:13      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alan!:
hey -ct-, don't want to be a pessimist, but would you mind summarising all your misfortune in this post, so we (i) don't have to trawl around the other posts to remember just how much bad luck you've had?!

ta

Don't be such a punsie, Alan!. Let him write out the whole book of adventures - it may be a great read.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2006 08:53      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alan!:

ta

Of the top of my head:

*born
*hard drive crashed
*car wreck
*website crashed
*domain expired
*lost job
*car wreck
*car wreck
*car wreck
*robbed
*?

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2006 10:12      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

*born

Damn I've missed you.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2006 10:27      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
quote:

*born

Damn I've missed you.
Maybe you should try again. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2006 17:23      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ct-I am so sorry for all the dam bad luck you have. I thought I had bad luck. I agree with firearms in the home for protection and on the road but used with caution and properly. I am a girl and it took some convincing to get my brothers to take me to the gun range to learn. My gun is next. [Razz]

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2006 20:23      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey - if it weren't for bad luck, i'd have none at all

--------------------

magefile
Highlie
Member # 2918

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 07, 2006 00:44      Profile for magefile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Too Cool To Quit:
ct: You didn't happen to use the numbers 4 8 15 16 23 42 anywhere lately, did you? [/QB]

Okay ... I recognize 8, 23, and 42, but what are 4, 15, and 16?

--------------------
Let them be stupid - the market will sort it out.

Posts: 743 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 07, 2006 03:31      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-ct-__________________________There are some nice small motion detector operated lights that could turn on the lights in your apartment, if you were to purchase some of these and wire them to various table lights. You would have an alarm system, also it helps while wandering around at night. Try Home depot or Lowes. I suggest not doing one in your bed room as every time you turn over it would come on, also out in the main room they would be in the light and you in the dark, better to shoot from the dark.
___________If you are going to buy a bullet launcher go big bore nothing smaller than ten mm or 40 cal. If you strike someone with the big guns all you see is the soles of their shoes.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5835 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted January 07, 2006 18:22      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey ct that is not so bad,

I've had a crooked President in on my phone calls and e-mails. I no longer have any right to privacy in my home and no warrant is needed to invade it.

The Vice-President has conspired with the energy industry to double my gasoline and heating bills, stealing BILLIONS from me and other Americans

The President's buddy, Ken Lay stole the retirement funds of thousands of people.

As leader of the House of Representatives, Tom Delay has spent my tax dollars on sweetheart deals for his kickback buddies.

And none of these SOBs together will do the hard time that one of those black kids will do if/when they are caught for taking your tool box and cell phone.

What's worse, is every righty in here thinks that's OK, and will swear that he/she is not racist.

Bwa-hahahahahahaha!

And you think you got troubles.

Colonel Panic

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted January 07, 2006 19:21      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See......See that all you young punks?

That is the perspective I miss.

Good to see the Colonel in 'da hizzel'.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture