homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Call for Friday ideas

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Call for Friday ideas
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2006 17:57      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any ideas for some Friday Five questions?
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted January 04, 2006 19:30      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Future Friday Five: List five good questions for a future Friday Five. [Big Grin]
Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2006 19:50      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friday will be January 6th... Joan of Arc's birthday. You could go with a martyrdom theme.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2006 20:14      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear they had trouble burning Joan at the stake, as there'd been recent rain and everything was quite damp, so they had to blow on the kindling very carefully to get the fire started.
Could this be the origin on Stake and Blow-job day?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 06:09      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
I hear they had trouble burning Joan at the stake, as there'd been recent rain and everything was quite damp, so they had to blow on the kindling very carefully to get the fire started.
Could this be the origin on Stake and B10w-j0b day?

*blinks* *re-reads Church Calendar* Hmmmmm. That's odd. It doesn't seem to list either the above events nor the Feast you mention. Must be a Protestant thing... [Big Grin]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 06:15      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friday will be...oh...damn it...
http://www.f-secure.com/weblog/#00000770

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 07:05      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Could this be the origin on Stake and Blow-job day?

STAKE and blowjob day? For what? Vampires? [Razz]
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 07:07      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by garlicguy:
quote:
Could this be the origin on Stake and B10w-j0b day?

*blinks* *re-reads Church Calendar* Hmmmmm. That's odd. It doesn't seem to list either the above events nor the Feast you mention. Must be a Protestant thing... [Big Grin]
The Feast of a Saint is rarely, if ever, on the actually birthday of the person. The Church decides when they are to be "celebrated". Hers is the 30th of May.

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 11:52      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's try to get back "on-message"... here goes with my suggested 'Friday Five', with one eye on a new start for the New Year:

1) What's your biggest regret, and are you going to do anything about it?
2) Do you have any "unfinished business" from 2005?
3) What's your main priority for 2006?
4) Are you optimistic about the year ahead?
5) Do you have any plans for later than 2006?

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 12:18      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alfrin:
The Feast of a Saint is rarely, if ever, on the actually birthday of the person. The Church decides when they are to be "celebrated". Hers is the 30th of May.

Offhand, alf, I'd have to say that I think you missed my point entirely. [Razz]

--------------------

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 13:15      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everrrry sperm is saaaacreeeed, every sperm is goooood....
Everrrry sperm is neeeded in your neeiiibourhooood....

[Smile]

Is that the "thrust/point" of your comment GG? [Smile]

He he he

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 13:58      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe something more along the lines of "Feasting" on Steak, etc. But certainly let's not forget the Pythonization of Humanae Vitae while we're at it. [Big Grin]

--------------------

alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 16:49      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by garlicguy:
quote:
Originally posted by alfrin:

Offhand, alf, I'd have to say that I think you missed my point entirely. [Razz]
Well I do have finals in two weeks, which INCLUDES my religion final, which will include many Saints, along with fruits/gifts of the holy ghost etc.
I need some extra studying..

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture