homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Slow news day!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Slow news day!
Richard
Geek Apprentice
Member # 2868

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2005 10:41      Profile for Richard   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.news4jax.com/money/5732571/detail.html

It's a slow news day apparently. I'm sure some people on the site will agree with me when I express concern with the future of the Sweedes!

Posts: 49 | From: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted December 30, 2005 12:40      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It took me a few minutes of looking at the jeans before I saw what was so offensive. There are many logo's that are against/for the christian religion so I see why there is a shrug from the Lutheran Church. There is only so much that can be controlled, But hey, in the end, they look just like any other pair of jeans.

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2005 13:13      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps those people who are offended by these jeans could do something radical -
like not buy them or even get a life? [Smile]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 30, 2005 13:22      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grummash:
Perhaps those people who are offended by these jeans could do something radical -
like not buy them or even get a life? [Smile]

Or turn the other cheek?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2005 14:42      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Or turn the other cheek?
Quite. [Smile]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 31, 2005 03:43      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheesh...

Slow news day indeed - I mean I have seen many many much more obviously anti-christian symbols all over the place - any rock/punk T shirt shop would be a good place to start

And look at it - is that 'really' an upturned cross? Or just a couple of lines sort of indicating some hint of supra orbital ridges?

Hmm - methinks someone was looking to create a controversy from nothing and Mr Cheap Mondays saw no harm in playing along and whipping up a bit of free press coverage...

Personally I think the Lutherans have got their heads screwed on right here... to get into a froth over something as petty as this would just make them look very silly and insecure. Not to mention the obvious nastniess of getting sucked into a media storm in a teacup.

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture