homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » "Just a Game" - machinima

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Just a Game" - machinima
Mu Nansen
Newbie Larva
Member # 4612

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 18, 2005 17:39      Profile for Mu Nansen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mu Productions

Hello all. Thought some of you might like to know I finished my latest project, "Just a Game." My previous work got some press, including mention on /., and was called "Ours Again."

Hope you enjoy. I can assure you the video's quality is far higher than the site's web design (threw it together myself).

Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2005 22:54      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was beautiful!

Wow. Great story line. Some parts I was in awe, some parts I was laughing my ass off. Some times I wanted to get up and kick somebody's ass.

Wonderful.

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
supaboy
SuperFan!
Member # 183

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2005 09:56      Profile for supaboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice work!
Posts: 1767 | From: Columbia, SC USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2005 12:14      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool stuff. BTW, I don't know what your bandwidth is like, but if you want to help yourself out a bit at times, you might want to use Coral Cache. Just take the links to the movies, and append '.nyud.net:8090' to the domain (the TLD, that is)
i.e.
change: foo.example.com/path/to/thevideo.zip
to: foo.example.com.nyud.net:8090/path/to/thevideo.zip

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 21, 2005 13:48      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow that was pretty awesome! When that techno song started playing around 5 minutes, 26 seconds into the game, I thought "wait, I recognize that song!" Then I thought iTunes was acting up and it had randomly started to play something, when I realized that it was part of the video. Kudos on using that remix, the original is my favorite song from Mario 64 [Smile]

/me wonders if video game action flicks will become a whole new genre...not just movies based on video games, but movies like this one.

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 21, 2005 15:42      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was very cool!

And I like the look of that Coral Cache, as well, dman.

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mu Nansen
Newbie Larva
Member # 4612

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 02, 2006 14:30      Profile for Mu Nansen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, glad you guys liked it. Making action films or shows out of games is exactly what I'm pushing for. I've just gotta get the attention of the right people. "Just a Game" will be playing on G4TV before long, though, so maybe it'll come. I also heard they've been replaying my first project, "Ours Again," lately on G4.

btw, you guys have some of the best comments, mind if I quote them? In the normal world I hate tooting my own horn, but in "the biz" you kinda have a be a lush that way.

Mu Nansen
Newbie Larva
Member # 4612

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 10, 2006 12:19      Profile for Mu Nansen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Episode two will be filming in the game Planetside. If anyone has it and is interested in helping out, you can post in the forums at

www.muproductionsonline.com

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture