homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » I've found MY Thanksgiving dinner!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I've found MY Thanksgiving dinner!
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted November 01, 2005 21:18      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Included in the set are Turkey and Gravy, Wild Herb Stuffing, Brussels Sprouts, Cranberry, and for dessert Pumpkin Pie.

Yummy. [Razz]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kinguy
Geek
Member # 4527

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 01, 2005 21:58      Profile for Kinguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Embarrassed] !
I want one!
*Conspicuously atom copies the box*

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 01, 2005 22:11      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last year around this time they came out with thanksgiving dinner in a bottle and were sold out within 12 hours or something insane like that. I remember reading an article in our local paper about it.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 01, 2005 22:12      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my, that looks......interesting. Bottoms up.
Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2005 00:17      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blech. Sounds nasty.

Why not eat the turkey and drink a sweet sweet beer?

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2005 06:08      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be sure to send a set to Nitro and Snaggy. [evil]
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2005 06:12      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excuse me a moment while I vomit in my shoes. :|
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2005 06:46      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GMx:

But can you send a package that size to a PO Box? [Wink]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2005 07:29      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the work of Turducken (sp) to Thanksgiving in a bottle. LOL
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2005 09:18      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
quote:
Originally posted by GMx:

But can you send a package that size to a PO Box? [Wink]
I'm sure they have the large size box for businesses. [Wink]
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted November 02, 2005 10:16      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, that's OK, I still have a bottle of Gravy Soda from last year. [Razz] [ohwell]
Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 28, 2005 11:01      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's an interesting update on this one. I happened to tune in to a local radio station Thanksgiving morning and hear one of the DJs do a taste-test of the sodas and rate them on a scale of 1 to 10. His results:

Brussel Sprout: 1
Wild Herb Stuffing: 2
Cranberry: 8
Turkey & Gravy: 0
Pumpkin Pie: 1

His summary was that, with the one exception, they were each "a bottle of nastiness."

Big surprise. [Roll Eyes] [Wink]

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 28, 2005 14:54      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not surprised either. That's probably why I haven't opened them yet. [blush]

I think someone in the family is getting an "interesting" Christmas present. [evil]

--------------------
óMiss Piggy

ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 29, 2005 10:01      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. I noticed that they weren't flying off the shelves at my local stores. And the last time I went they had been moved to the discount section.

But I remain strangely curious...

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 29, 2005 10:50      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been considering buying a box for a white elephant gift to give at the annual department Christmas party.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 29, 2005 12:40      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's a perfect white elephant gift.

(For those unfamiliar with the term, a "white elephant" gift exchange involves bringing wrapped unusual and/or tacky (and usually inexpensive) gifts and using a game to distribute them. The weirdest gifts are often the most popular. And sometimes you even get something you like!)

--------------------
óMiss Piggy

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 29, 2005 13:06      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the white elephant present idea. Ed, where'd you find the sodas at a discount? I looked at the Jones Soda online store, but they didn't have the boxed set. (I could've made my own collection, but I'm not about to pay $28.99 for a few sodas.)
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 29, 2005 14:46      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$28.99? I got it for $10 at Target.

--------------------
óMiss Piggy

Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 29, 2005 15:00      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We aren't supposed to spend more than $5 on our white elephant gifts, so hopefully I can find a box on clearance. I'm not above stretching the rules for a good laugh, though. [Big Grin]

Interestingly enough, I found a summary of the rules on Wikipedia. The only difference from the rules we play by is that there are no themes, the gift does not necessarily have to be useful/desireable, and the $5 spending limit.

--------------------

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 29, 2005 15:03      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My family used to play "Now you have it, now you don't" with gifts weighing no more than one pound, but there was too much disparity among gift values (one year my sister wound up with $20 in quarters while a cousin received two cans of condensed soup). Now we play with a dollar amount limit ($5, IIRC). Come to think of it, I need to consider what I'm giving this year. I was just at Target on Sunday. I'll have to go back to see if they have the soda.

--------------------

Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted November 30, 2005 14:17      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, that shit's pretty vile, excepting the cranberry...it makes a good mixer.
ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 30, 2005 14:57      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Target is the place!

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 30, 2005 19:00      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Taste-testing here.

--------------------

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 13:46      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally gave that stuff a try. Turkey and Gravy was by far the nastiest of the bunch. Brussels sprouts smelled like feet when you opened it (or used diapers if you take Josh's view). I had to remind myself to think "vegetable" when I drank it. It tasted a bit like very overcooked brussels sprouts, but where they really messed it up was making it sweet. Pumpkin pie was ok, but tasted nothing like its namesake. Wild herb stuffing, surprisingly, wasn't bad. It smelled nasty, but as far as taste, it was mostly like plain club soda. True to the other reviews, Cranberry was best. It would have been much better with real sugar instead of sucralose, but for a diet cranberry soda it was pretty good.

Overall, it was great gag gift material, but not worth drinking.

--------------------
óMiss Piggy

Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 21:54      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The pack I picked up at World Market for $9.99 has Turkey & Gravy, Smoked Salmon Pate, Corn on the Cob, Broccoli Casserole, and Pecan Pie. I am giving it to a friend this weekend, not sure if He'll open them. I may get another pack if they are on clearance. Last I heard the one's at target were $3.99, before Christmas.
Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture