homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Chewbacca Becoming An American!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chewbacca Becoming An American!
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted October 13, 2005 15:11      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Peter Mathew, who played Chewbacca in the Star Wars movies is becoming an American citizen. And his wife is from Texas!

I feel a disturbance in the force. [Eek!]

Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 14, 2005 07:56      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool. Ya, he always was a cool guy. The funny thing is, normally ppl dont say much about Chewbacca, but he really was a good character.

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

Posts: 406 | From: The Line Between Time and Space | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted October 14, 2005 08:20      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the whole Chewie in Episode III thing was super lame.

If Chewie was such a mighty warrior and friend of Yoda, why would he allow himself to be ordered around and bullied by that scruffy-looking nerf herder Han Solo? [Roll Eyes]

/me prepares to order DVD [Geek]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 14, 2005 09:12      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh how the mighty fall. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
supaboy
SuperFan!
Member # 183

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 14, 2005 09:45      Profile for supaboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
...why would he allow himself to be ordered around and bullied by that scruffy-looking nerf herder Han Solo?

Hey, who's scruffy-looking?
Posts: 1767 | From: Columbia, SC USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 14, 2005 09:54      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's already an American. I have a library patron whose legal first name is Chewbacca. You could almost kill your folks for that and get away with it. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
tyler
Geek-in-Training
Member # 4477

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 14, 2005 10:18      Profile for tyler         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't decide if that's a good thang or a bad thang.

--------------------
Tyler Allen

N9IWP
Geek
Member # 1229

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 14, 2005 12:08      Profile for N9IWP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard that if deny a Wookie citizenship. he'll rip your arms out...

Brian
(read that somewhere, don't want to claim I thought of it)

Posts: 181 | From: Southeast MN | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 19, 2005 13:12      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
I thought the whole Chewie in Episode III thing was super lame.

If Chewie was such a mighty warrior and friend of Yoda, why would he allow himself to be ordered around and bullied by that scruffy-looking nerf herder Han Solo? [Roll Eyes]

/me prepares to order DVD [Geek]

Peter Mayhew explains that on his site.
quote:
Chewie, as he's known to his friends, left Kashyyyk at the age of fifty standard years to explore the galaxy. Things seemed to go fine for the next 140 years, until he was captured by slavers and sold to Imperial forces. Unbeknownst to him, his planet had been subjugated years before. Severely mistreated at a hard-labor camp, Chewbacca was saved from certain death by a young Han Solo. Saving Chewbacca's life resulted in a "life debt" from the Wookiee, and Chewbacca became first the protector and then the best friend of the Corellian. He served with Solo as he embarked on a smuggling career, aided by the swift Millennium Falcon, which Solo won in a game of sabacc.

What is the Wookiee Life Debt?
A sacred Wookiee custom, a life debt is pledged to anyone who saves a Wookiee's life, forming a bond that can never be broken. A life debt is a sacred act of honor, designed to repay that which is without measure.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture