homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » /me starts pacing (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: /me starts pacing
greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2005 05:34      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
I came across an ad for The Girlz Club while proofing a set tonight. They offer Prenatal Belly Dance among other things. [Wink] Check out the site if for nothing more than seeing a really interesting site design.

Oh, yeah. Great "design" there. [Roll Eyes]

http://wooledge.org/~greg/girlzclub.png

(The image would be uncomfortably large to include inline, so I'll make you click it. Sorry about that. But the forum doesn't allow images to be scaled down with height= and width= attributes.)

Ladies and gentlemen, this is why you don't make sites that rely on Flash. Not all of us can run it.

Good luck with your belly dancing, or whatever it was....

Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2005 06:51      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by greycat:

You mean it's not supposed to look like that?
[Eek!]

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2005 07:39      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FireSnake:
quote:
Originally posted by greycat:

You mean it's not supposed to look like that?
[Eek!]

Oh that it was. (Unfortunately, I do have Flash installed, and haven't put on a 'click to play' extension yet.) Warning: Site may be NSFW... (or at least garner glares from anyone near your monitor).

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2005 09:19      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
Warning: Site may be NSFW... (or at least garner glares from anyone near your monitor).

Well, it is showing pink.
[evil]

Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2005 11:13      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
So anytime today Peebs will be a fully fledged mommy?! [Smile]

Peebs said they would talk about scheduling the induction, not that they'd actually do it, so it may be another few days yet.

Peebs, if you see this, big HUGS! VJ was 2 weeks late and I was on the verge of being induced also, so I know what you're going through.

Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2005 13:09      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grey_girl:
Peebs, if you see this, big HUGS! VJ was 2 weeks late and I was on the verge of being induced also, so I know what you're going through.

Thanks, I really need that right now.

Rhonwyyn, GG is right, I am not currently being induced, but it looks like they will do it this weekend. I saw one of the RNs today so we couldn't do much, but they want me back in tomorrow to see the OB when they will place a Foley catheter in hopes of ripening my cervix. I am not optimistic about the process since I am barely effaced, barely dilated, and my cervix is high. They have a scoring process to figure out how likely and induction is to succeed. You should have a score of 9 or higher to ensure a successful induction. I have a score of about 4. Which really freaks me out because an unsuccessful induction almost always ends in c-section.

I hate this. Everything says she is healthy and I am healthy and nothing is wrong, but since I'm going "late" I am now classified as high-risk. That means that a lot of the things I wanted for my birth are going to go out the window. I know I ought to be excited that I'm going to meet my baby soon, but instead I'm devastated that things are going out of my control and it feels like the doctors are telling me I'm broken. [weep] I don't really know what to do right now.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted October 06, 2005 13:15      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh rats! What a conundrum. [weep]

Hey! Doctors! Leave that peebs alone!

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2005 13:26      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are not broken!!! I know it is hard for things to be uncertain, when you had your birth plan all set. I really hope you do get to follow as much of it as you can.

In the end though, you and the baby will be together and that is the most important thing. My original plan fell through, but when I had D-M in my arms it didn't seem as important. I hope that doesn't sound too much like a platitude.

All my fingers are crossed for big cervix action!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hugs from both D-M and I

Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2005 13:39      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peebs,

Our 8th grandchild survived not one but 4 induction proceedures before she was delivered via Caesarian section. (20 months ago) Both mother and daughter are fine.

It is difficult to have to entrust the delivery process to the modern medical people, not knowing what their particular agendas might be.

But Peebs, Aditu is right. You meet that kid, you aren't gonna even remember the other stuff.

We'll pray for you and your baby's well-being and a safe outcome for all. Be not afraid!  -

gg

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2005 13:48      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peebs,

Both of the druidlings are the product of situations much like what you describe.

Trust me, when you hold that little bundle of joy in your arms, all the rest will seem very unimportant.

Good luck, and I trust you will be providing a running commentary of the delivery on IRC. [Wink]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2005 13:56      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peebs, I am sending my best thoughts your way.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2005 14:45      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm.... maybe you really SHOULD look into the prenatal belly dance class. It might speed things along! [Wink]

Lots of hugs and backrubs to you. I can't imagine what it must feel to be carrying another person with your lower back. Has she dropped yet? Things move pretty quickly after that I've heard. Have you been feeling any contractions yet? Premature labor or anything?

When I was born, Mom walked over to the hospital the first time and they sent her home. A few hours later she walked over again. They still didn't think she was dilated enough or having strong enough contractions, so they sent her home again. She was back in only a few hours and said "This baby's coming now! And if not, I'm staying until it does!" So they admitted her and I was delivered at 6:03am, 15 October 1980.

The funny thing is, one of my best friends my freshman year in high school was born seven hours earlier in the same hospital; people thought we looked like siblings! [Big Grin]

And how's this for a birth story? A week before I was born, my aunt delivered my twin cousins. Her husband was out in the field when her labor started, so she had to wait until he came in to drive her to the hospital. She had been in bed without a nightgown when her water broke, so she pulled on a robe and managed to get downstairs to meet my uncle. They got in the car; he in front and she in back, but things were moving so quickly that she could feel one of the twins starting to deliver. Somehow she was strong enough to keep him in, but by the time they made the 20 minute trip to Lancaster, she had my uncle pull off at a gas station to deliver the first boy. A policeman saw them and stopped to see what was happening. When he realized it was a mostly naked pregnant woman who'd just given birth to the first of twins, he radioed ahead to the hospital to tell them they'd be there in a few minutes. The second twin wanted to be born, but my aunt had to keep holding him in. When my aunt and uncle got to the hospital, they were just changing shifts, so no one seemed to know what to do. Finally someone took charge, got her onto a gurney and delivered the second baby. My aunt had delivered two children previously so it wasn't so much of a scary experience as it was a somewhat humorous one! [Smile]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2005 15:31      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Babies come when they are damn well ready and usually at a damn inconvenient time (4am seems popular for 1st babies)...

I have a theory that this is God's way of ensuring that the roads to the hospital are clear for first-timers... [Wink]

You are young and fit and healthy and if the baby is 2 weeks late then so be it...

Here in the UK they have gone right off inductions unless the lateness strays into the risk of harming the baby (and they don't even think about that until 2 weeks "late" has been and gone...)

Why do we all get caught in the lie that delivering a baby is some kind of "problem" - people have been doing it since there were people... mostly without doctors, hospitals, inductions, etc.

Don't get me wrong - modern medical assistance is a wonderful thing but only when it is really needed

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1935 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Erbo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 199

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2005 16:15      Profile for Erbo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, here's hoping everything goes OK.

By the way, if they do have to do a C-section on you, it's not the end of the world...my stepmother had a C-section for her first baby, then was able to deliver normally for her second. (Her first baby was "sunny-side up"; his head was down, but he was turned over, facing her front side instead of her back side. Or is it supposed to be the other way around? Whichever it was, he was flipped over.)

--------------------
See more From The Erbo Files: www.erbosoft.com/blog/

Posts: 1480 | From: Denver, CO, US | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2005 16:20      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My brother and I were born by c-section (we were her first pregnancy), and I don't remember it being particularly difficult. [Wink]

Seriously, Peebs, here's praying that you get to hold your kid soon. [Smile]

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2005 17:28      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both of my kids were C-section deliveries. I hope you don't have to go through it, but if you do, then you're in good company.

Good luck.

Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2005 18:18      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serenak:
Babies come when they are damn well ready and usually at a damn inconvenient time (4am seems popular for 1st babies)...

I have a theory that this is God's way of ensuring that the roads to the hospital are clear for first-timers... [Wink]

You are young and fit and healthy and if the baby is 2 weeks late then so be it...

Here in the UK they have gone right off inductions unless the lateness strays into the risk of harming the baby (and they don't even think about that until 2 weeks "late" has been and gone...)

Why do we all get caught in the lie that delivering a baby is some kind of "problem" - people have been doing it since there were people... mostly without doctors, hospitals, inductions, etc.

Don't get me wrong - modern medical assistance is a wonderful thing but only when it is really needed

I completely agree and would be pushing for people to treat me as normal until something indicates a problem, but unfortunately I am limited in how long I will have medical coverage, so I'm kind of stuck. [Frown]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

maia
Alpha Geek
Member # 3778

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2005 20:18      Profile for maia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peebs, I am praying for you and your little girl. I know all of the worries and medical meddlings have you down, but I am sure you will be strong. Try to get some sleep and relax as much as you can. We're all rooting for you. [hearts]

--------------------
Nothing is too petty to be thoroughly discussed.

Posts: 316 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2005 21:17      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peebs honey, you're not broken. Everything will be just fine. Mrs Vic and I went through this a few years back with our first baby. He was 20 days past due! No breach, no complications....he just didn't want to come out. Just like your little girl, nice and warm and snuggled up to her mommy...safe and sound. Can you blame her for wanting to stay in there?

We went in every few days past the date to have the stips run (where they checked his heart rate etc) Around D day +10 they stripped her cervix (sounds alot worse that it actually was) around 2 weeks late they tried the induction with little to no action. Same thing a few days later. The doctors suggested walking. The nurses suggested sex and nipple stimulation (I was all for it, but had to go it alone) finally they scheduled a c-section. A very common procedure. They give you a little local numbing then insert the eppidural (sp?) Mrs V didn't mind it at all. The actual surgery takes like 10 minutes, very quick. I was in the room holding her hand and watching the actual procedure and out he came. I was scared shitless. Was he ok? Was this normal? Is my wife ok? I had a million questions. When the dust settled, all was well he was a healthy 10 pounder, mom was fine and actually glad he didn't take his intended route as he seemed to have been born with an adult sized head!

I remember how Mrs V felt: fat, tired and just 'wanting it out' Now there are days she wishes he was back in there so she could get some peace and quiet. You'l meet your little girl soon enough, she is already training you and Josh the first step in parenting; She is the boss and she will set your schedule.

/relurk

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 07, 2005 05:40      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay, good to see you Cap't,

I miss you around here - you and Spungo actually

Hope the family are well and the medevac traumas are little more than distant memories...

Keep on rockin' now...

[thumbsup]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1935 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 07, 2005 06:28      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was *VERY VERY* late (40 days or so.)

I don't know why or how it worked out, and why they didn't schedule a C-section, but I was born at 9lbs, 4oz, 27".

My sister was a C-section because apparently my late birth broke something on the way out. Oops. Needless to say, my mother had my sister by C-section, and they were both healthy and fine.

Either way, you and your baby will be fine too. No need to worry.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 07, 2005 09:40      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a link to the patron saint of pregnant moms - St. Elizabeth

http://www.catholic-forum.com/saints/sainte58.htm

Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 07, 2005 09:43      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peebs, you will be ok. The baby will be ok.

HUGS

Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 07, 2005 15:55      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got back from another appointment today. The doctor who checked me thinks that I am too far dilated for a Foley catheter so nothing really happened today except the actual induction was scheduled.

I'm supposed to call Labor and Delivery tomorrow morning at 5am and show up at the hospital around 6am. Wow, that's early. [Eek!] I'll either get some prostagladin gel to help ripen my cervix or they'll start a pitocin drip right away depending on what the doctor there thinks is necessary. Labor is pretty unpredictable, so I could have a baby as early as tomorrow afternoon or as late as Monday. It all depends on how things go.

Send me lots of labor vibes so I don't have to be induced, and if those don't work, please pray for me (or send good thoughts if praying isn't your thing) that everything will go well and smoothly, we will both come out of this well and healthy and a surgical delivery will not be necessary.

Pictures will be up shortly after I return from the hospital!

--------------------
óMiss Piggy

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 07, 2005 16:04      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Webcam from the delivery room? [Frown]

/me gets slapped by a wet trout.

Well, hey! Someone had to ask! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture