homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » /me starts pacing (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: /me starts pacing
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2005 09:17      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are several hospitals in my area that will do water births. I've also heard that being born directly into water is significantly less traumatic for the little tyke. Keep in mind the baby has been in a liquid environment for the last 9 months getting Oxygen and nutrients through the umbilical cord. Another few seconds under water is not going to hurt.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted September 27, 2005 10:41      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I am so ready to have my baby and I keep having Braxton-Hicks contractions, but nothing real. I keep trying the *ahem* popular home remedy, but so far I'm still pregnant.
Rumour has it that in my grannies day if you wanted to "hurry things along" a spot of furniture moving was recommended. [Eek!]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2005 10:44      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jessycat:
quote:
Originally posted by Matias:

/me closes legs tighter while reading posts.

My mom always told me the best form of birth control is one aspirin: hold it between your knees and don't let go! [Big Grin]
But how're you supposed to get...

oh.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2005 12:42      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since we're all talking about the big event anyway, here are the last belly photos, taken last night.

-

-

Previous bellies:

34 weeks
29 weeks
23 weeks
18 weeks

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2005 12:48      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
Earlier this year, Mom showed me the bill for my birth. It only totaled $245, and that for a two-day stay!

Well, inflation... (and no, I won't ask your age).

A C-section birth costs quite a lot more than that... a few thousand dollars, back in the mid 1990s.

Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2005 13:39      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peebs, good luck with baby... I hope the contractions arrive soon.

/me readies cigars

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2005 14:03      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the top photo. You look like a goddess in that one. [Smile]

Good luck!

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2005 21:16      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw belly pics! How cute! Your belly has gotten big but she looks ready. Hopefully soon.... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2005 21:23      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
I like the top photo. You look like a goddess in that one. [Smile]

Good luck!

Agreed...looking great, Peebs! Still...let the little one out to play. [Smile]

Warmest regards,
dragon

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2005 21:59      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What the hell, I though the stork brought babies, I feel so lied to.... :shakeshead:

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2005 22:05      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about stork deliveries, but a brisk horseback ride to the hospital might get things rollin'. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 28, 2005 11:24      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
Long walks? Is that what the kids are calling it these days... [blush]

Oh, I meant long walks. No euphemism intended.
Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 28, 2005 11:45      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know. [Wink]

I have actually gone walking, but all of the hills around here really wipe me out so I don't go very long/far.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

N9IWP
Geek
Member # 1229

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 29, 2005 09:37      Profile for N9IWP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps its time to move to jumping jacks and trampolines. Or maybe lie down on a merry-go-round with your feet outwards and have someone spin the MGR...

Brian

Posts: 181 | From: Southeast MN | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 29, 2005 16:37      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who can blame the kid for not wanting to emerge? I bet the womb is a great place! You can float around, kick the walls, there's plenty of food, etc...

...I can't remember my womb experience, but I bet I LOVED it. [Big Grin]

Any updates!??!

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

maia
Alpha Geek
Member # 3778

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 29, 2005 18:53      Profile for maia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peebs, you look simply marvelous. I can't wait to see that little girl! Good luck with the delivery. I'll keep you in my prayers.

--------------------
Nothing is too petty to be thoroughly discussed.

Posts: 316 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Erbo
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2005 23:56            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could always do what my stepmother threatened to do when her first baby was late...go out to the mall and literally "shop 'till you drop." [Big Grin]

First babies are usually late anyhow...but here's hoping that downloading commences soon!

IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 03, 2005 12:39      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's too early to let this thread die just yet. Any news (of) Peebs(, anyone)?

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 03, 2005 12:48      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still pregnant. On the plus side, that meant I got to see Serenity yesterday. [thumbsup] (I never saw Firefly, but I thought Serenity totally rocked! Go see it everyone! [Big Grin] )

I had an NST today, and everything looks good. I have another pre-natal appointment on Thursday. If I haven't delivered by then (I'll be 41 weeks, 4 days) they will probably want to schedule an induction. Doctors start getting edgy if you go past 42 weeks. So in a week I will either have a baby or know exactly when she's going to arrive. Just a little bit more patience everyone. (Look who's talking. I want my baby NOW darn it! [cry baby] )

(Edit: Hey, 3000 posts. W00t! [Applause] )

--------------------
óMiss Piggy

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 03, 2005 13:45      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peebs,

Open a jar of Garlic Head and wave it around in front of your belly. I know it seems like torture, but the poor little child will crave it so much she'll come out to meet her folks in a very natural way.

Go ahead. Try it. I'll wait.... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Erbo
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted October 03, 2005 16:20            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
I have another pre-natal appointment on Thursday. If I haven't delivered by then (I'll be 41 weeks, 4 days) they will probably want to schedule an induction. Doctors start getting edgy if you go past 42 weeks.

Yep...thing is, when the baby is fully formed, whether he or she is out or not, he or she will start doing what babies do best...excrete. And, polluting the womb environment, will die. [weep] And quite possibly take you along for company. [Eek!]

So, if the kid's that late and they want to start a pitocin drip...I'd listen.

IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 03, 2005 16:36      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Babies don't always pass meconium when they're past due. Most of the time when that happens it is due to fetal distress. The major concerns after 42 weeks are that the placenta will start to deteriorate (rarely a problem in reality), or the baby will be too large (unlikely given my family history). As long as you're being monitored regularly there really isn't a reason to induce just because you're past due, especially since due dates are, at best, an educated guess. I think I'll let them have their way this time though because I have a limit on how long I will have medical coverage and I need to make sure that everything I need done happens before it's gone.

--------------------
óMiss Piggy

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 05, 2005 21:01      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I came across an ad for The Girlz Club while proofing a set tonight. They offer Prenatal Belly Dance among other things. [Wink] Check out the site if for nothing more than seeing a really interesting site design.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2005 00:14      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Babies don't always pass meconium when they're past due. Most of the time when that happens it is due to fetal distress. The major concerns after 42 weeks are that the placenta will start to deteriorate (rarely a problem in reality), or the baby will be too large (unlikely given my family history). As long as you're being monitored regularly there really isn't a reason to induce just because you're past due, especially since due dates are, at best, an educated guess. I think I'll let them have their way this time though because I have a limit on how long I will have medical coverage and I need to make sure that everything I need done happens before it's gone.
I guess inducing is the best option. Giving birth is very expensive and paying that out of pocket would not be fun nor make the experience any easier knowing there is a bill waiting for you.

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2005 00:32      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So anytime today Peebs will be a fully fledged mommy?! [Smile]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture