homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » What The Heck..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What The Heck..
OhMyGoddessSixx
Geek Apprentice
Member # 3858

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 12, 2005 20:10      Profile for OhMyGoddessSixx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I'm posting this in the wrong spot, forgive me for my lack of intelligence right now.

Wow, my thirtieth birthday. Wow. 30. OH NO, I'M OLD!! <--sarcasm

However, the question remains: how are you supposed to act when you're 30?

Hmm. Oh well, back to the drawing board.....

--------------------
"You may be a lover, but you ain't no dancer!"

Posts: 42 | From: The 7th Level Of Hell aka East Wenatchee, WA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 12, 2005 20:17      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good question. Once I work it out, I'll tell you (31 now) [Wink]

Seriously, happy birthday, have a great time, and many more to come.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
OhMyGoddessSixx
Geek Apprentice
Member # 3858

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 12, 2005 20:18      Profile for OhMyGoddessSixx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks csk.

BTW, I replied to your post on my "Won't You Please, Please Help Me?" thread.

--------------------

Posts: 42 | From: The 7th Level Of Hell aka East Wenatchee, WA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Evendir
Geek Larva
Member # 3839

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 12, 2005 20:59      Profile for Evendir     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, first off, Happy birthday!

I'm pretty sure the best way to act when you're thirty is about the same as when you're twenty. Or fourty. Relax, have fun, and enjoy the trip. You're as old as you feel, and all that jazz.

Posts: 21 | From: Best City On Earth: Toronto | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 12, 2005 20:59      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think most women try to act like they're 29 for at least the next ten years. I guess I'll figure it out myself soon enough. Happy birthday! [Big Grin] [thumbsup]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 12, 2005 22:14      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry OMG6, just remember what I tell myself every birthday:
"Youth is fleeting, but immaturity can last a lifetime" [Wink]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Orpheus
Highlie
Member # 2397

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 12, 2005 22:27      Profile for Orpheus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey another May birthday! Happy birthday!
I hope to get to senility early so I'll have a viable excuse for muttering to myself and throwing bags of cat pee at tourists. [crazy]

have a good one! [Smile]

--------------------
my cats make me crazy

Posts: 554 | From: Galveston, TX | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Koboldskind
Geek-in-Training
Member # 3849

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 13, 2005 00:05      Profile for Koboldskind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday!!
From what i see in people around me, 30 is a good time to start acting more immature. Do your best there =]

--------------------
In the Beginning, there was nothing, which exploded ...

Posts: 36 | From: Germany | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
OhMyGoddessSixx
Geek Apprentice
Member # 3858

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 13, 2005 03:31      Profile for OhMyGoddessSixx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all for the birthday wishes.

I figure it this way--I know I don't look 30, and that sure doesn't mean I have to act like it either!
[Big Grin]

--------------------

Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 13, 2005 05:01      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Youth is wasted on the young....

[Wink]

Can't say 30 really had any effect on me, somehow 40 seemed a bit freaky (how did I get here... surely it isn't really more than 20 years since I left school? Is it? Oooh eerrr....)

But other than that I just carry on same as I ever did....

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 13, 2005 06:16      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy bday OMG6.

Not 30 still have about a year and a half for that. But I am not worried about that. Now the grey hairs that have begun to appear.... [Eek!]

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 13, 2005 07:59      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
Don't worry OMG6, just remember what I tell myself every birthday:
"Youth is fleeting, but immaturity can last a lifetime" [Wink]

Words to live by.

I'm only 22, but I have the maturity of a 13-year-old. [Big Grin]

HEHEHEHE HE SAID BOOBIES!

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 16, 2005 08:11      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CommanderShroom:
Happy bday OMG6.

Not 30 still have about a year and a half for that. But I am not worried about that. Now the grey hairs that have begun to appear.... [Eek!]

Um...Oops.

I only have 6 months 'til my 30th. I forgot how old I was. My wife corrected me at dinner last night.

If I live too much longer I am in real trouble. CRS at 29. By the time I am 70 I won't remember how to use the bathroom... [Wink]

--------------------
Has one of us confessed?
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted May 16, 2005 08:51      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Happy bday OMG6.

Um...Oops.

I only have 6 months 'til my 30th. I forgot how old I was. My wife corrected me at dinner last night.

If I live too much longer I am in real trouble. CRS at 29. By the time I am 70 I won't remember how to use the bathroom... [Wink]

Don't worry about forgetting about the bathroom... Incontinence will have you wear diapers anyway! [evil]

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 16, 2005 10:43      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stereo:
Don't worry about forgetting about the bathroom... Incontinence will have you wear diapers anyway! [evil]

Why don't I feel better about that?
[Frown]

--------------------
Has one of us confessed?
Buried in our chest

Alephcat
Alpha Geek
Member # 2617

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 16, 2005 12:17      Profile for Alephcat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Stereo:

Why don't I feel better about that?
[Frown]

you do remember how to use the 3 seashells don't you?

--------------------
"You have the right to search in silence. If you give up the right to search in silence, anything you say can and will be modded down in a court of public opinion."

Posts: 300 | From: Chester | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 16, 2005 13:09      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alephcat, apparantly not.

What are the 3 seashells?

This post has been edited. It appears that my spelling is getting even worse.

--------------------
Has one of us confessed?
Buried in our chest

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 16, 2005 13:35      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He doesn't know how to use the seashells!

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 16, 2005 14:09      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
He doesn't know how to use the seashells!

Thanks Peebs, It cleared everything right up.

So what do you do with them? [Razz]

--------------------
Has one of us confessed?
Buried in our chest

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture