homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Can you feel the force?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can you feel the force?!
fanboy_uk

Member # 2132

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted March 24, 2005 03:18      Profile for fanboy_uk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bookings are being taken (in the UK at least) for Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (Or Lucas' last chance to make amends)

Certainly Odeon and Vue cinemas are and I think either UCI or UGC not sure which are doing internet bookings as well.

I've got mine, just need to make sure I can take the day off work.

Just think we will hear James Earl Jones' voice again - what will Vader's first words be? My guess it will be something along the lines of "What is your will, Master?"

xXx

--------------------
A woman walked into a cocktail bar, took one look at the drinks menu and asked the barman for a Double Entendré.
So he gave her one

Posts: 161 | From: Brighton, UK (50.8389, -00.1876) | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2005 03:40      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bugger Lucas!

New series of Doctor Who starts Saturday night. Woo Who!!! [Smile]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2005 08:49      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't get too excited about hearing James Earl Jones. Anakin doesn't get into the Vader suit until the end of the movie.

I figure this will be the perfect one to dress up for. I will be six months pregnant when it comes out. Perfect to be Amidala. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2005 10:50      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
Don't get too excited about hearing James Earl Jones. Anakin doesn't get into the Vader suit until the end of the movie.

I figure this will be the perfect one to dress up for. I will be six months pregnant when it comes out. Perfect to be Amidala. [Big Grin]

Wow thats so cool!! You HAVE to post photos!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted March 24, 2005 15:22      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MTB Babe:
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:

Wow thats so cool!! You HAVE to post photos!! [Big Grin]
Remember how long it took you to post a pic [Razz]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2005 16:59      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with Spungo,

Watched episode one and thought it stunk

Haven't seen anything since...

Can't wait to see the new Dr Who on Sat at 7:00pm UK time - hope they don't fsck it over... Preliminary signs are for a nice "modern" version of a classic that sadly descended into tired old farce...

Just watched IRobot,...Good film even if it took no more than Asimov's laws as its basis.

To be fair they only claim "suggested by" in the credits...

I liked it...

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
magefile
Highlie
Member # 2918

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2005 19:18      Profile for magefile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serenak:
I liked it...

So did I ... after my indignation wore off at what they did to Elijah Bailey's character! The second time through was better.

--------------------
Let them be stupid - the market will sort it out.

Posts: 743 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2005 19:40      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serenak:
I'm with Spungo,

Watched episode one and thought it stunk

Haven't seen anything since...

Good for you, I watched episode two and it was even worse in most ways. I'll probably end up seeing three eventually, but not in theaters.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 25, 2005 06:03      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a father of two boys, ages 9 and 11, I will almost certainly be obligated to see Episode III in the theaters shortly after it opens.

It could be worse.

Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture