homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » I love video games

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I love video games
crazyarlo
Geek
Member # 1226

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted March 15, 2005 10:26      Profile for crazyarlo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I am 50 years old, and I love video games. Even the ones I don't like, I like. I mean, I actually watch Adam
Sessler and Morgan Webb on G4Tech TV.....

My son came home to visit this weekend, and brought Brothers In Arms for my Xbox. I enjoyed the hell out of that one! The kids played Grand Theft Auto San Andreas upstair on the PS/2 while my wife graded papers...lol That whole game is hilarious to watch.... plus, had my daughter on the iBook reading cheats to my son on the console! Jetpack is awesome!

I just love flight simulators, the Same Game, Majong, Halo, Ghost Recon, you name it. Told my kids I am a "GAMER' and they just rolled their eyes! lol But, ever since Jetfighter on early PC's, Lode Runner on the Apple II, TI invaders on my old TI/994A...I am hooked.

And no, I do not fit in well with my peers.......

Posts: 238 | From: Southern Ohio ... SURF OHIO, BABY! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2005 11:04      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's see, you have similar interests as we do... you spend time here... doesn't that make us your peers? And you fit right in with us!

Take my word for it... I just finished editing an Excel spreadsheet I'm using to track what Living Greyhawk D & D modules I've played.

-- Grey, who says if Arlo doesn't fit in, she doesn't fit in either.

Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2005 12:37      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grey_girl:
Let's see, you have similar interests as we do... you spend time here... doesn't that make us your peers? And you fit right in with us!

Take my word for it... I just finished editing an Excel spreadsheet I'm using to track what Living Greyhawk D & D modules I've played.

-- Grey, who says if Arlo doesn't fit in, she doesn't fit in either.

Put it this way, GG, the thing that would most put you on the outer here would be your choice of Excel as a spreadsheet. You fit right in with the rest [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
crazyarlo
Geek
Member # 1226

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted March 15, 2005 13:05      Profile for crazyarlo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Lord..... I HAVE PEERS!!!! Thanks Grey Girl, you are awesome!!!!

Well, my LOCAL friends think I am from another planet, lol.

Posts: 238 | From: Southern Ohio ... SURF OHIO, BABY! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2005 14:06      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awww... thanks, csk. [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by csk:
Put it this way, GG, the thing that would most put you on the outer here would be your choice of Excel as a spreadsheet. You fit right in with the rest [Wink]

I only use Excel because it synchronizes nicely to my PDA. <shrug>
Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mel
Alpha Geek
Member # 3553

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2005 15:02      Profile for Mel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love video games...if it was a demanding job, I'd want to be a game designer/creator/whatever job there is. I had lots of fun playing with RPG Maker, even though I never got around to finishing any games as my computer got a virus, and other random things would go wrong with it [Razz] But yes...I would remember late nights surrounded by friends and potato chips and pop, trying to finish off Super Mario Brothers or Ninja Turtles and getting all excited, trading turns to see who could beat each level or stage. Games today are too easy! You can save whenever you want, and many of them are just stories with a bit of action thrown in between just so you can call it a game! That's why I like Final Fantasy for RPGs the best so far. I'm rambling now...
Posts: 309 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2005 16:04      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me rolls d20 while playing GameCube and fixing a mac.....

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture